It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOlogy, We Need To Talk... Chris Rutkowski Editorial

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Chris Rutkowski pulls ufology aside for an intervention:

"Okay, I'll stick my neck out. This is all getting much sillier than previous years. First of all, the whole debate about Bushman's 'deathbed confession' is absurd..."

But wait... there's more!
Abductees, contactees, telepathy, channeling, disinfo, debunking and much, much more!

The State of Ufology, such as it is
Ufology Research: November 2014

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I enjoyed the article.

Doesn't go far enough in my opinion, but it was a good read and as entertaining as any of the believer posts I've read recently.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: CardDown

I agree with AgentShillington that a lot more could of / should of been said , the subject is in a bad state ... I did find this amusing though.

This may be of interest.
Chris Rutkowski's Canadian UFO Survey - is it the end for ufology?

edit on 4-11-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
it is getting tougher to find the gems among the muck.
But they are there. Sometimes the more fired up
and adamant debunkers are the more they point to
a Diamond.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: UnderKingsPeak

That opinion has little basis in reality, but it does point squarely to what the article is about. Usually, the veracity of the debunkers is in direct proportion to how zealous the adherents are.

Internal Objectivism is lost on believers because they believe. Once you believe in something, you lose objectivity.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I found Bushman's evidence perfectly adequate, particularly the alien photos. Don't know who this blogger is but this piece seems to directly target that release of info. Why would that be required I wonder. Hmm.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AgentShillington

…but it was a good read and as entertaining as any of the believer posts I've read recently.

Glad you are here to set everyone straight. Having never seen any otherworldly phenomenon yourself, I mean. What makes you so dismissive of what you have never seen?

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   

I read the article and dont really see where he is going, it just feels as hes fed up with anything alien themed be it from abductions to contactees. He comes across like a grump old man who is bored as he has seen it all before. He offers nothing to rectify what he feels is wrong and claims bushmans photos as false as though what he says is fact. How can he claim these are dolls etc without actually holding the pictures and examining every aspect of them.
I get the feeling hes fed up in the business and that hes not the center of attention. Too many people almost accept these beings a existing and that takes away the shock aspect from his books. Does he truly believe if he didnt research of discover it its note worth noting.

Someones ego has got out of control. Pity

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Internal Objectivism is lost on believers because they believe. Once you believe in something, you lose objectivity.

How about before you witness something you don't care much about it, but once you do (witness something) its not about belief, you know.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   
OBVIOUSLY, both the OP and Rutowski are disinformation agents hired by TPTB to spread FUD amongst the masses.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
OBVIOUSLY, both the OP and Rutowski are disinformation agents hired by TPTB to spread FUD amongst the masses.

I was wondering when you might show up. Now it's pretty apparent what this thread is all about. You guys realize you're being ridiculously obvious here I assume?

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: liteonit6969
originally posted by: Urantia1111

The doll has been found and you can buy it at Walmart.

Source

I find his piece to be spot on and didn't go far enough, as someone else mentioned, to highlight the fact that the entire field is full of people that perpetuate BS and new-age nonsense to the people that follow their "research".

Also, witness', contactees, abductees and the rest...I don't believe them. Well, there are a couple exceptions, but I have met a few and have found that they have psychological issues or have had traumatic experiences happen to them and they create this "experience" in their mind as a way of coping with the trauma.

This sort of stuff has killed any serious research or money being put in to the UFO field.
edit on 11/4/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/4/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Glad you are here to set everyone straight. Having never seen any otherworldly phenomenon yourself, I mean. What makes you so dismissive of what you have never seen?

Your assumptions about what I may or may not have witnessed isn't the point of the thread, and I would kindly ask you to keep those assumptions to yourself when not applicable.

originally posted by: intrptr

How about before you witness something you don't care much about it, but once you do (witness something) its not about belief, you know.

It seems that you are talking out of both sides of your mouth here.
edit on 4-11-2014 by AgentShillington because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Well I for one hope that the field of Ufology is finally dead!

The less the average person thinks that they can make a buck off of their stories, the better real research can be done.

During my time with MUFON, I had encountered many many people that were willing to "sell" their evidence, tell their experience for a price, or discuss book deals rather then talking about their sightings. While there are a lot of people who are willing to discuss what they saw, there seemed to be an apprehensiveness about talking about what they saw "because of" all the "Fast Buck Eddies" out there that cheapen the field. So yes let the field of Ufology die, then only those who are really interested in the field will stick around.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I found Bushman's evidence perfectly adequate, particularly the alien photos. Don't know who this blogger is but this piece seems to directly target that release of info. Why would that be required I wonder. Hmm.

I don't understand how anyone can accept a video of some photographs and a person telling stories as evidence of anything.

It's funny that charges of disinformation always surface when some shaky story is questioned. Funny, because it's far more likely that someone peddling the shaky story is the one doing the disinforming. The fakes, hoaxes and frauds have caused more damage to the credibility to the UFO topic than any exterior agents.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

Yes, I would expect someone to make a duplicate/toy of the alien in the photograph for the purposes of debunkery. The problem is that people aren't all grotesquely stupid so as to be fooled by that. Apologies.

edit on 4-11-2014 by Urantia1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

Take a moment to consider the following.

Which is more likely?

A. A man has a picture of an actual extraterrestrial, that he got while working with secret government forces who have been doing everything in their power to keep said aliens a secret, even going so far as to retroactively create toys to discredit a witness that they didn't know was coming forward with that evidence until AFTER it was released, meaning that the toys had to have been modeled, sculpted, manufactured, distributed, sold, and THEN recognized as the same kind as the picture, even though the similarities were spotted days after the initial publication of this video.

Or..

B. A guy made up a story and used a readily available prop to complete his ruse?

Now, understand, I am not asking which one you believe to be true, I am just asking that if this scenario played out 100 times, how many times do you think A would be the answer, and how many times do you think B would be the answer?
edit on 4-11-2014 by AgentShillington because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   

What makes you think your source saying that the doll from walmart is correct. From what i can see it is not the same doll.

Look at the doll Bushman shows, There is a hand and an arm in shot on some of the pics and in proportion the head is a good bit bigger than the hand in shot. When compared with the doll on the chair and the keyboard i can see that the doll is too small to be the same thing.

Furthermore the doll isnt exactly the same and finally we have to take the word of whoever said they bought it from walmart. This could have been made after.

Also i just can not contemplate why a man of such an accomplished background would put it all in jeopardy by coming out with lies. Why would he put himself down in history as lying?

Either way i disagree with all you have said but i respect your opinion.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

Don't know who this blogger is but this piece seems to directly target that release of info.

Chris Rutkowski is a Canadian astronomer with several decades of UFO research under his belt. He leads Ufology Research and blogs about reports.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

He has significant experience in the field.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Yes, I would expect someone to make a duplicate/toy of the alien in the photograph for the purposes of debunkery. The problem is that people aren't all grotesquely stupid so as to be fooled by that. Apologies.

Grotesquely stupid? Really?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join