It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bad Luck

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Have You ever had bad luck and wondered if there are other forces at work causing it?

This is and might be happening to me. I'm not talking about the "Oh, I got hit by a car and broke my leg last week, and my Mom died yesterday, and then today, lost my Job" Scenario. Agreed that yes, this type of scenario would be considered a spell of bad luck, and in turn, most likely the bad luck would end for that particular person.

What I'm talking about is a constant "barrage" of inconvienient occurences and oddities that happen to me all the time such as always getting stuck behind a slow driver all the time, doing things at work, and know that you "did" it right by the "numbers" or "figures" or "processses" and suddenly these figures change, causing problems. Things seem to dissapear or wont operate correctly. Just when I think things are going good or I'm progressing in my like or work, something causes a setback.

It's very hard to describe, and to come up with numerous instances of such acts, but I DO notice that something is NOT right, and I feel that Something, or some Prescence is causing this. It's almost like there is a force guiding any mishaps that might be happening to me. For instance, if I'm reaching to grab something, and I know that my "reach" or "aim" is accurate, somehow I'll knock something over or miss. It's a weird feeling. Almost like "it's" pushing my arm or hand so I'll "miss". I've recently moved into a new house. It's a older house built in the 50's. It's nice and all and has plenty of room. It was checked out above average by a building inspector, but now, after 6 months of living in it, it's having problems like lights flickering, flashes of light, floors seem to be sagging(which I haven't noticed before). Could have I picked up an entity from the house which is following me around, which seems that way because of this "bad karma" presence feeling I have. I am a very optimistic person, and I try hard at everything I do, yet there's always this "wall" that's stopping me so it seems.

I'm not here to spout off about my poor miserable life, and have people say, "things like this are a part of life, and it happens to everyone", because I actually "sense" something, and I've tried to tell it to "go away", but obviously, it won't listen. So it seems.

Is it the house? Is it some sort of Entity trying to wreak havoc in my life?
Does anyone else have this feeling such as I do? Oh, and I just want to say that no alcohol, drugs, or anything else like that is involved with these type of occurences. honestly, I'm at the point of being "fed" up with it and am more or less getting irratated at the whole situation.

Opinions? Suggestions?

Later......

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Did you walk under a ladder or break a mirror recently?

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Maybe it's a friendly entity just trying to help you to ease up and have more patience.

A driver is only slow if you want to be going faster. What's the hurry? Take your time, look around, and relax. You'll get there.

Sometimes, when I try too hard and things get in my way (stapler jams, for example), I realize that I don't control everything in the world. Sometimes things are broke when you need them to work.

I don't know.. when I can accept that some things are out of my control, I suddenly feel in control again...

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   
have this kind of luck. And still do to a degree. I guess all you can do is manage it and turn it into good luck. Now I have to try and figure out the best case and worse case situation in anything I do and plan for both. This seems to be effective in minimizing the "bad luck" syndrome.

Also, I try and see the positive side to everything. Keep positive thoughts. Some say that you create your own luck. I find this true to a degree. If you are always thinking about how bad your luck is, you will always have bad luck.

The mind is a very powerful thing and can make what you believe is true, to be true. Try focusing on the good stuff and stay positive. It might take awhile, but you should see a turn around in your luck. If you truly believe that it can change, it will.

Just my experience.

B56

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Thanks all for the replies.

-Blend56- You make a very good point.

I do try calculate best and worst case sceanarios, but in most cases, the worst case scenario keeps winning
!!

What seems weird about it, is that it's a recent thing that's been happening to me. Most of my life has been quite lucky and fortunate until recently.
Usually, I'm the analytical type of person and don't believe in "urban" legends such as walking under ladders and worrying over broken mirrors. -Croat56- I haven't done walked under any ladders recently.

What really gets me are some of the stories people hear about "Joe Blow"
and how most of Joe Blow's entire life has been nothing but disasters after another. I'm sure that there are people out there. So that brings me to believe that there must be something that causes this.
Is it a Bad 'Aura', who knows?, could it be the subconscious mind causing it, like bad vibes emminating from that person?

So when it comes down to it, people will say, "gee, poor guy.... he's the most unluckest person I've ever heard about"

Or, perhaps it going the other way like, a person winning the lottery twice or something.

Well, its all food for thought, I hope this "bad Luck" goes away for me soon!!

Later

[edit on 10-12-2004 by Starfox03]

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Luck is always there, you just don't notice it. There are three types of luck periods (I will not say spells beacuse some people will get this confused with witchcraft): Good, Bad, and Neutral. Self Explanitory. I just don't think that luck is affected by cats, mirrors, ect but just random dealings like in a card game, but the odds are 1:5 Good, 3:5 Neutral, 2:5 Bad.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Starfox,

I have that same problem! It's like "I can win the bad luck lottery, without ever buying a ticket!!" Sometimes it's worse than others, becoming ridiculious to the point of making me laugh!

I have often referred to these 'accidents' as stunts by my little 'gremlin'....but my husband says it's a 'karmic' test.....( oh please no, I do NOT have the patience of Job--a test like that I'm sure to fail!!)

I seemed to have some relief from a cleansing ritual....might just have been my imagination, but it did make me feel better.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
i believe that what you suffering from is a very bad case of Murphy's Law (also known as Sod's Law)

this law basically states:

whatever can go wrong, WILL go wrong

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I am happy to say that one of my friends who had extraordinary bad luck is now experiencing good luck. I'd like to say I helped do my part by influencing them every chance I got by slipping in positive suggestions (concerning winning prizes) during conversations. For the 1st time, they now believe in good luck because yes, they unexpectedly won an awesome prize recently. That also gives me feedback on the efficacy of slipping in positive suggestions every now & then without making it seem like an intrusion to the receivers conscious thought processes so they get assimilated effortlessly. And with this one result, they can now effortlessly generate their own positive thought processes naturally/spontaneously (kind of like building interest on their 1st own generated positive thought - the principal, thereby encouraging more positivity in their life - accumulated interest on the principal).

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   
I am a huge believer in Karma and I believe that I have been very karmicly unkind to people in the past and I am working on turning it around. I also am very superstitious (As a goalie I used to talk to my posts and thank them when they'd stop one for me) But lately I have been having terrible luck in everything I hope I cand find something to turn this around.

posted on Dec, 14 2004 @ 03:20 PM
link   
With bad luck, I believe it's karma's way of sneaking up behind you when you least expect it. But if the " bad luck" appears to be overabundant, then it's probably something that'll you have to strive through until "good luck" will find you.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Usually the mind has a lot to do with luck. If you think you are going through a period of bad luck then it will continue. Try thinking you are having really good luck! It works for me.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I do not believe in coincidence...things happen for a reason. Also...you usually have to look to yourself and/or your surroundings for "bad luck" if you put such energy out ( That's, just my luck, I knew this was going to happen, I never get a break, No I wouldn't get it, I'm not that lucky) OR you are around those types of negative people a lot....that energy is around you and that's what you will draw back in.....that's one of the reasons you are not supposed to "worry" about things too much because worry is a form of negativity that can actually make the thing your worrying about, happen. Draw more postive energy into your life...avoid negative people...

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Hey Sky,

I'm feeling you 100%, I used to be the luckiest person I knew, then at about 22/23 my luck started to change into mostly bad. I think luck correlates to mental state, enviornment, and split second variables.

I had a bad luck streak for the last 4-5 years, where nothing would go my way. The only thing that was a constant, is that I would never lose the safety net to truly reach rock bottom. I've always had a roof over my head, and food, but everything else was horrendously ill-fated for me.

I personally feel difficult circumstances are a way God teaches and tests your ability to handle hardships. God does this so you will be a more humble person, I feel. I have humbled tremendously since all of these mishaps, and now I have embarked on my new life in Las Vegas. I think I have paid all of my Karmic debts, I have heard Karma will effect your life directly until 28 years old, from any previous unpaid Karmic debts. Since I turn 28 in 2005, I am cautiously optimistic that things are turning around for me.

Cheers,

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I gotta say that I myself am one who felt that I got whacked upside the head with the Bad Luck stick.. I feel like a rat in a Murphy Experiement to see EVERYTHING possible go wrong.. but the old saying says That which does not kill us makes us not only stronger but smarter in the process. Sometimes misfortune and BAD LUCK (How I wish it would die a QUICK death) is a necessary evil for us to see an even better good. For Smooth Seas make not a better sailor.... What I suggest is Grit your teeth look at this GOdforsaken misfortune and say what I say to it... BRING IT ON!!!!! I sucks when your not expecting it to happen but when your ready for it.... it seems to just... Go away..... But remember that everything changes.. even the most unlucky person is not stuck in such forever.. It may be Karmic in the fact that you may need to learn a particular lesson from such mishaps

heheheh that's my 2 cents.... Take it or leave it.. but I hope it helps...

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I agree with mysticshadow, I think it�s mostly in the mind, if you think you have bad luck you will have bad luck

I remember about a year or two ago i watched a TV programme about luck. The next day I tried to convince myself I had good luck, everything that day went right for me and that evening I won the lottery (although it was only �10, still winning is winning)

I can't really remember much about the programme apart an experiment they did. They had 5 people who though they were lucky and 5 who thought they were unlucky. They placed some money on the ground and asked them all to walk along the street. The ones who thought they were lucky all spotted the money and picked it up while the unlucky ones walked straight passed and missed it. They noticed the lucky ones were the one who were most observant of their surroundings.

[edit on 20-12-2004 by nibiru]

posted on Dec, 20 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Starfox03
It's very hard to describe, and to come up with numerous instances of such acts, but I DO notice that something is NOT right, and I feel that Something, or some Prescence is causing this. It's almost like there is a force guiding any mishaps that might be happening to me. For instance, if I'm reaching to grab something, and I know that my "reach" or "aim" is accurate, somehow I'll knock something over or miss. It's a weird feeling. Almost like "it's" pushing my arm or hand so I'll "miss".

You are definately right!!

There are special forces that know more about you, than you do about yourself. These forces are not meant to be "dealt with", therefore you exactly know that something just isn't right. Too systhematic, isn't it? You might be wrong thinking that these forces are hostile, also your theory that it will change through time is definately wrong. You know: some people never forget.

As you still think that your actions are right, there goes your real problem, you probably think you are too smart, and you bump into your own ignorance resembling that wall. You built that wall, and you hit yourself in something you created. Think about that.

Also, it's natural that you are fed up with that situation, I suggest you do whatever you feel most right to do. I believe the best thing you can do, is leaving that particular person who is in your way, and start a brand new destination with someone who deserves that. You'll never get any further, because you are restricted to move on due to your past.

Just a clear advice, I hope I was understood.

[edit on 20-12-2004 by Vertu]

new topics

top topics

join