It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I will not vote and this is the reason why.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Opinions, we all got em, right? Well, this is my opinion on why I choose to not vote. I'm expecting a crap storm from some, and you are welcome to reply, but keep in mind it won't change my mind, and it'll just serve to get your danders up. I'm only saying all of this because I can. End of. I'll agree to disagree, and hey, post as you wish. We all have those rights, definitely. But don't try to change my mind because I've had enough.
Enough, enough, enough!

I don't and won't vote because:
1. All politicians running are horrific people and don't do anything but make things worse. Why should I support that? By me voting, it's saying, whether my 'guy' wins or loses, that I support the crap they spew and later on do or don't do.
2. I refuse to have my vote associated with any jerks who win.
3. I have all rights to complain because I didn't vote so I had no influence IN said jerks winning.
4. I love playing games. I don't love playing games that result in every single time a jerk/jerks win and ruin things for everyone in some way or the other. That aint playing fair.
5. I'll vote once they all start listening to and working for the people again instead of their own personal agendas.
6. It's already known ahead of time who will win. At least that's the story told after someone's fave didn't win.
7. I won't vote because the small things that do go in the people's favor are just enough to molly coddle for a short while while worse things are being passed either behind our backs or buried deep into 60 encyclopedias worth of other laws and such that no one realizes are being passed til later and it's too late.
8. Government itself. I won't/can't support anything that doesn't hold my or my fellow struggling Countryfolk to high priority first and foremost.

Til it returns to By the People FOR the People, count me out. I don't have to vote to be a good proper obedient American. In this case, 'govt' is NOT people. And I'm not 'obedient' either, but I'm also done being a sheeple.

I'll repeat my most favorite part: By me voting, it's saying, whether my 'guy' wins or loses, that I support the crap they spew and later on do or do not do. It just lets them keep on doing as they do because we're enforcing it by literally saying 'it's okay. "We don't mind at all because it's patriotic to vote." It's patriotic to vote some jerk into office who screws everything up? Nice. Keep it up. I'll just watch from the sidelines and shake my head sadly.

Oh I may still vote. But I'll forever write in my favorite super hero. Or a long dead person who actually gave a crap while in office. Yanno, way back in the 1800's. This is the person we need, this is the kind of mindset we need in office. Can't put that through? Then I'm going to vote Mr long dead Mister. Over and over and over. That matters. Even a fake superhero would do more for the people than those in office that we repeatedly vote in and then whine about later on after a few years. Happens every time. Something has to change. I'm not the only person who feels this way either. We need to drop the two party craziness and start a For the People Party. Would it fail because it's still politicians running in it? No doubt. Nothing is sacred any longer. Unless you're sitting in a seat in the govt somewhere. Then it's fine cuz like breeds like. And there is plenty of that sitting in those seats. Believe me.

I feel like freakin' George Carlin right now. A tiny little bit of me feels a tiny little bit like Carlin. And it feels good, dammit. It feels good.

Point blank: It plain don't matter who gets in, we're all screwed. So why be part of it? Why? Why why why?????

So then why 'okay' that unending, repetitive crap storm over and over and over by even voting? Maybe if the People took a stand and *GASP* stopped voting, some kind of light would maybe go on over the govt's and politician's heads. A dim light. Probably a dusty, dirty, flickering, ready to die light, but a light nonetheless.

Any light in this dark oppressive state we're in is a good thing. We haven't gotten far really by voting. Think on it. We get a few things for US, the People, but is it honestly enough? Look at what we're going through! Just scour the posts on ATS and tell me voting does something great and good. Yanno, why not try the other side of it? Make a statement without punching a ballot hole. No one will do this though. "Voting is the American thing to do!"

Look where it gets us. Just take a look at where it gets us.
Does it make you content?
Happy?
Satisfied?
Then by all means continue on.
Just don't whine about it when your 'guy' waddles off the 'he's great!' platform and falls into the deep end of 'Oh gosh, the Country is getting awful because x,y and z."
Voters can't whine about it because you voted em in. Your issues. Not mine because I had NOTHING to do with it.

That felt good.....

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   
lol I didn't read the whole thing but I agree to a certain extent. The worst part is the voters just see you as a ignorant idiot when it is really the opposite.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Im not voting either--

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I am now on permanent absentee vote because of my health. The vote comes to me and I fill out the card and mail it in. I decided to vote this time and I voted third party everywhere I could. When there was just a (D) or an (R) I didn't place a vote.
edit on 11/4/2014 by FlyersFan because: spelling

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: sarra1833

Oh I forgot, you should atleast toss your ballot. This will show them that you ARE willing to vote but do not agree with all the candidates, I believe if enough people do this it will force change.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
I am now on permanent absentee vote because of my health. The vote comes to me and I fill out the card and mail it in. I decided to vote this time and I voted third party everywhere I could. When there was just a (D) or an (R) I didn't place a vote.
That's what I am going to do also.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I wish more voters felt like you when Obama was running in 08 and 12.
Six years of the crap you speak about could've been avoided.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Shepard64

That's a right proper idea there!
I like that.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I agree in full. Not to mention the ones before Obama too. It's just a landslide and sadly it's the voters adding the water to keep the landslide growing bigger and bigger.

Really.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

That is the most sensible thing I have read in the thread.

Not voting does mean you can not complain if you don't like the way things are run. It is the apathetic way, not heroic at all, or better yet, purposeful non-voting is letting all the people you disagree with have their way.

Voting third party whenever you can is a sensible vote right now. I too looked for third party on my sample ballot and will vote third party when I can. I have been advocating that and will follow what I have been saying.

We can not expect what we consider positive action from our government if we refuse to participate.
That only gives the government license to do anything it wishes to us.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Voting has always been a kind of hilarious irony: "You have to vote to ensure democracy ensues". You are forced to make a decision, rather than being given the free will to choose not to vote (in most national circumstances). I agree that the current governmental system if flawed in terms of elections, and have no idea why there has been no development of a new governmental system that operates to provide us with options that are not ridiculous. Why can't I vote for the common sense party? Oh right it doesn't exist.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
The hardest part when voting is... trying to decide who is the lesser of the two evils.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Just so everyone knows, if you agree with me or not, I am giving all of you stars because every opinion matters in my eyes.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Unavoidable off topic post to wish you get better.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: sarra1833
Just so everyone knows, if you agree with me or not, I am giving all of you stars because every opinion matters in my eyes.

If, as you say, EVERY opinion matters in your eyes, doesn't that include votes, as well?
Votes are opinions too.
Just asking.
edit on 4-11-2014 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Romney would've been just as bad. All politics are corrupt right now. It's all about what benefits them, not the average citizen. I also believe that as soon as enough people catch on to the Republican/Democrat bull****. The people really running the country will just place their pawn as a third party candidate to fool everyone into another corrupt election. I won't vote until I see changes that benefit the American people. But, I believe there will be a revolution before that happens.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

The sad thing however, is politicians are still running even in the third party land. So really, it's just a lesser known person who would ultimately end up screwing people over in the end.

I believe that every person in the govt is only in it for themselves. If someone were to win who was truly for the people, they'd be silenced or made to go with the majority of those in the govt itself. The People just can not win no matter what.

Out of all Parties, I'm pro 3rd party; but I have yet to see anyone who truly wins me over 100% or even close. Way back when, Ron Paul said a lot of things which resonated with me - but there also were things I did not agree with. However, I became a precinct leader for him and was going to be a delegate because the aspects that DID ring a bell with me were a breath of fresh air, something we the People needed badly.

Would he have held to them if he'd won the Presidency? Who knows. Probably not. There are always others who want things their way and will ensure it happens how they want it to. Benefits a few, not the whole. In this case, the 'whole' are the People, and the 'few' are the govt.

It's a sad state of affairs. I'm done with it all.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: sarra1833

If, as you say, EVERY opinion matters in your eyes, doesn't that include votes, as well?
Votes are opinions too.
Just asking.

Just because I am anti-vote, doesn't mean I'd look down on those who do. I'm more speaking my own feels and if it resonates with someone, great. Votes definitely are opinions, hope, drive.

They've just not gotten us far at all if you look at history to current times.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:40 AM
link   
This is the issue I see with people wanting America and politics to change, but not wanting to vote. I understand your reasons and, honestly, agree with a lot of them. But to the masses with voter turnout being so low they simply construe it as indifference from potential voters, not that these potential voters are disgusted with America.

I think the best strategy to show you are fed up with government and political agenda is to vote 3rd party. If the majority of potential voters do this the ball will start rolling and others might see there is a change happening.

How do you think older political parties like the Whigs were voted out?

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
It's almost 9am and I just got home from work about an hour ago. Bed is calling me but I will definitely check up here once I wake up before work tonight.

new topics

<<   2  3 >>

join