Opinions, we all got em, right? Well, this is my opinion on why I choose to not vote. I'm expecting a crap storm from some, and you are welcome to
reply, but keep in mind it won't change my mind, and it'll just serve to get your danders up. I'm only saying all of this because I can. End of.
I'll agree to disagree, and hey, post as you wish. We all have those rights, definitely. But don't try to change my mind because I've had enough.
Enough, enough, enough!
I don't and won't vote because:
1. All politicians running are horrific people and don't do anything but make things worse. Why should I support that? By me voting, it's saying,
whether my 'guy' wins or loses, that I support the crap they spew and later on do or don't do.
2. I refuse to have my vote associated with any jerks who win.
3. I have all rights to complain because I didn't vote so I had no influence IN said jerks winning.
4. I love playing games. I don't love playing games that result in every single time a jerk/jerks win and ruin things for everyone in some way or the
other. That aint playing fair.
5. I'll vote once they all start listening to and working for the people again instead of their own personal agendas.
6. It's already known ahead of time who will win. At least that's the story told after someone's fave didn't win.
7. I won't vote because the small things that do go in the people's favor are just enough to molly coddle for a short while while worse things are
being passed either behind our backs or buried deep into 60 encyclopedias worth of other laws and such that no one realizes are being passed til later
and it's too late.
8. Government itself. I won't/can't support anything that doesn't hold my or my fellow struggling Countryfolk to high priority first and
Til it returns to By the People FOR the People, count me out. I don't have to vote to be a good proper obedient American. In this case, 'govt' is
NOT people. And I'm not 'obedient' either, but I'm also done being a sheeple.
I'll repeat my most favorite part: By me voting, it's saying, whether my 'guy' wins or loses, that I support the crap they spew and later on do
or do not do. It just lets them keep on doing as they do because we're enforcing it by literally saying 'it's okay.
"We don't mind at all
because it's patriotic to vote." It's patriotic to vote some jerk into office who screws everything up? Nice. Keep it up. I'll just watch from the
sidelines and shake my head sadly.
Oh I may still vote. But I'll forever write in my favorite super hero. Or a long dead person who actually gave a crap while in office. Yanno, way
back in the 1800's. This is the person we need, this is the kind of mindset we need in office. Can't put that through? Then I'm going to vote Mr
long dead Mister. Over and over and over. That matters. Even a fake superhero would do more for the people than those in office that we repeatedly
vote in and then whine about later on after a few years. Happens every time. Something has to change. I'm not the only person who feels this way
either. We need to drop the two party craziness and start a For the People Party. Would it fail because it's still politicians running in it? No
doubt. Nothing is sacred any longer. Unless you're sitting in a seat in the govt somewhere. Then it's fine cuz like breeds like. And there is plenty
of that sitting in those seats. Believe me.
I feel like freakin' George Carlin right now. A tiny little bit of me feels a tiny little bit like Carlin. And it feels good, dammit. It feels good.
Point blank: It plain don't matter who gets in, we're all screwed. So why be part of it? Why? Why why why?????
So then why 'okay' that unending, repetitive crap storm over and over and over by even voting? Maybe if the People took a stand and *GASP* stopped
voting, some kind of light would maybe go on over the govt's and politician's heads. A dim light. Probably a dusty, dirty, flickering, ready to die
light, but a light nonetheless.
Any light in this dark oppressive state we're in is a good thing. We haven't gotten far really by voting. Think on it. We get a few things for US,
the People, but is it honestly enough? Look at what we're going through! Just scour the posts on ATS and tell me voting does something great and
good. Yanno, why not try the other side of it? Make a statement without punching a ballot hole. No one will do this though. "Voting is the American
thing to do!"
Look where it gets us. Just take a look at where it gets us.
Does it make you content?
Then by all means continue on.
Just don't whine about it when your 'guy' waddles off the 'he's great!' platform and falls into the deep end of 'Oh gosh, the Country is
getting awful because x,y and z."
Voters can't whine about it because you voted em in. Your issues. Not mine because I had NOTHING to do with it.
That felt good.....