It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ebola Epidemic: Where Are The Faith Healers In Africa?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777
It was meant to be a bit of a punny, but still make the point in regards to "wakeupbeer's" post. We both know who and what "faith healers" are. I truly wish xtians would stop supporting these grifters.

I have witnessed some interesting things happen through prayer in my time as a xtian. I knew a man who used to wear coke bottle glasses, and had his sight restored in an instant. He now keeps the glasses around as a reminder. I also saw a very heavy woman hit the floor so hard, you could hear the damage being done to her head and body. I was sure we were going to need an ambulance. She walked away without so much as a sore muscle. I could go on. Whether or not there is a "god". The "prayer of faith" does have an effect sometimes. That I do not question.

Nevertheless, I notice the charlatans always avoid those places where their "healing abilities" are truly needed. As to the section of Mark I quoted on the first page. I'm sure you know those verses are not in many manuscripts. Which poses a conundrum for fundamentalists mostly. Either those abilities should be manifesting in every xtians life, like the verses say, or the bible is not infallible.

Mark 6 Jesus said to them, “A prophet is not without honor except in his own town, among his relatives and in his own home.” 5 He could not do any miracles there, except lay his hands on a few sick people and heal them. 6 He was amazed at their lack of faith.

Interesting verses to quote. I have had quite a few discussions in the past about that passage.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

There is another angle you may not have pondered. Givin that you have seen proof that miricle healing has happened in front of your own eyes and from post of yours long ago you stated you have also seen those miracles reversed too. So then perhaps there is an element of needed suffering and death we must all go through and we do not understand it all fully enough to judge it. Suffering hurts but in evolutionary terms it also changes our physical make up.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

it is an interesting quote, and I don't disagree with what you posted about faith healers, add to that those prosperity doctrine preachers as well

I hit the floor so hard one time both my pieced earring flew across the room, didn't feel a thing

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Thanks ketsuko for taking the time to reply and add the links…

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join