It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone experience burst of happiness?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   
The last week I have been experiencing these sudden bursts of happiness in my chest. I was not doing anything in particular to cause this. I was merely walking up the stairs and felt it. Feels like excitement bursting up like a big bubble in the chest exploding. It is a very nice feeling. Anyone else ever felt this before? Has anyone experienced this in the last week?

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   
a reply to: mmirror

The last time I was in love, on the way to a date, that is the last time I felt that sort of a thing. That feeling, when you feel as if at any moment you might be lifted up by the sternum, such is the buoyancy of ones heart... there is nothing quite like it.

Tell me, is this state of near euphoria actually related to events in your life at all? If there are no initiating factors, then as much as I hate to be a buzzkill, it might be wise to seek some sort of medical assistance, as random, pronounced, and inexplicable changes in mood can indicate certain disastrous health complaints, including symptoms of exposure to various chemical compounds, naturally occurring biological agents, as well as a whole host of possible internal factors, like changes in organ function, over stimulation of certain glands...

Obviously, if you are just having a really lovely day, then I wish you the very best of luck, but if you are wandering around with a smile on your face that you have no source for, and life is not otherwise peachy, it might be wise to get a check up
I love being happy as much as the next person, but inexplicable joy is not always a boon, but sometimes a signal of something unfortunate!

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

The bursts do not seem to come from anything in particular. I know that I think of wonderful things when it happens. Like I just want to hug someone at that moment. I'm not too worried that it might be something wrong with me. If it would be that I would experience moments of distress, I might be more concerned. Seeing as it is feelings of happiness, I do not mind at all to have these feelings when they come. It might be something chemical in my body. Like endorphins running through my body.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:34 AM
link   
I always get this, maybe 15 - 20 times a day. It's like a fire coming from your heart, but a fire of joy and greatness, isn't it ? When I get it I feel like throwing my hands in the air and singing, it's more intense than a drug. Maybe equally so.

I'm a Christian, and It seems to happen when I do something good by Jesus' teachings.
Go figure lol.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Emerald53

Wow the amount of times you have it daily is alot. It must feel wonderful though. It definately makes you want to jump for joy. I get the feeling like I want to hug someone tight. Lucky you!

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:43 AM
link   

What you are describing actually sounds like the effects of certain illicit compounds, as well as being potentially related to several serious mental health concerns, including schizophrenic disorders, manic depression (which is not all about being down in the dumps, obviously) and several others. That is why I recommended that if this continues, you should seek some medical advice about it, because much as you may feel wonderful now, this random onset of euphoric feelings might indicate that something more serious might be on the cards.

I really hope that you seek medical attention. The worst that can happen, is that you get treatment for a potentially serious illness, which you would want if you had one!

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:45 AM
link   

It's not always so intense though, It usually feels only a little stronger than regular happiness. Maybe only 2 times a day is it an outburst of joy.
edit on 4/11/1414 by Emerald53 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I certainly hope that it doesn't come to this. That I have something wrong with me. If it becomes too much I will take your advice and seek medical advice. Thank you for your concern.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Emerald53

Emerald53,

While I am a Christian by faith, I am also prone toward caution when I hear about random incidents of euphoria because I have seen the way a person can decline into a downward spiral, if they are indeed in the grip of manic depression or bipolar disorder. I am glad to hear that you are blessed in Jesus name, but not everyone who reports similar feelings is similarly blessed, and I have to look out for folk who might be in danger from mental health complaint. I have to because friends of mine have suffered these things, and I know that all they needed was to be able to access the right help, at the right time, to avoid horrific distress.

Compassion drives my concern.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:57 AM
link   
last weeks new moon in scorpio conjuncts venus exactly. and a powerful sextile to mars in capricorn.

new moon= the monthly new start and its chances. scorpio= intense and deep
in conjunction with venus= together with love feelings
in sextile with mars in capricorn= intensive body feelings and power

and at least tregone to neptune in pisces= who knows, may be a wonderful love story will come in some peoples lives, which are connected with their personal radix and or progressive and or transit horoscopes.

love story= with another one as well as love for ourselves, our live, and a variety of somethings existing, possibly

so, be curious and believe that strong and beautiful love is possible...

I wish everybody the best
edit on 4-11-2014 by lotusaugen because: wanted to give a more universal explanation of love

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Have played around with the bliss for years so I know how wonderful the body can feel when the body start to feel the flow within. Happy for you that you can feel it.

Namaste.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   

I hope that everything is well with you as well.

But it makes good sense to be certain

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

I hope that everything is well with you as well.

But it makes good sense to be certain

It never hurts to be careful and use scientific sensors to see what happens in the body.

From my point of view scientifically a compound I cannot speak of on ATS is released inside the brain that physically causes the euphoria.

The problem is that many doctors are not aware of energized states (assuming this event is a energized state) in the body and therefor cannot understand the feelings the person is feeling and calling it an hallucination instead of instead thinking it as something real and learning from the experience people have in their bodies.

Emerald53 is from my point of view clearly getting it the feeling from spiritual source feeling the light/chi and loving feeling it brings in the body.
edit on 4-11-2014 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   
It's called the Pharrell Syndrome

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   
It's not uncommon, but in my case, I know what causes it.

It's a chemical that stimulates the CNS.

It's not without unwanted effects though; it is, amongst other things, a positive inotropic agent, which means I have to eat foods/supplements rich in calcium and Vit D to avoid calcium deficiency.

And on that note...

Let's leave it there.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle

A chemical compound released by the brain, or from an external source?

I would wager that any compound created by the body, and released by the brain, cannot possibly be censored by the sites Terms and Conditions. Compounds introduced to the body from outside it may be another matter entirely however.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I think the first thing people think of when it comes to experience is to say that it is chemical. I also think this is the most likely. However what if it has something to do with spiritual? What if the energy in the body is changing or rising up and this is what I am feeling? Some form of ascension symptoms. It certainly does feel like a rush of energy. I suppose it depends on belief. If it would be true that it was ascension symptoms that would be a wonderful thing. Then more people would be feeling it at the same time.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   
for sure these intense happy feelings are biochemical. the reasons for it may differ.
too, it is spiritual. we gain something positive that may cause more positive for us and others. For example you gave us this thread and we remember our own happiness.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: LittleByLittle

A chemical compound released by the brain, or from an external source?

I would wager that any compound created by the body, and released by the brain, cannot possibly be censored by the sites Terms and Conditions. Compounds introduced to the body from outside it may be another matter entirely however.

Internally naturally released.
. It starts with a D.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:26 AM
link   
in regard of ascension:

scorpio symbol = the eagle, flying high up to the sky
capricorne symbol = climbing up the hill and reach the top

top topics

<<   2 >>

join