It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dollar smashes through resistance as mega-rally gathers pace ! Can it be true ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   
The sudden drop in gas prices has happened too fast for my comfort, and it seems to have happened just in time for QE3's ending. Im afraid that this "good news" will be short lived, and is not really good news at all. I think the collapse of the dollar is truely imminent now. Just when Obama was elected, the gas prices had dropped to a low point, then bad things followed. Im afraid that this is a repeat of 2008-9.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Just watch what happens after the elections are over...

I will predict:
1) Dollar to go back down
2) Stocks start to slide in value
3) Ebola news
4) Illegal alien news
5) General freak-out when people see their new health insurance rates

Oh, and
6) I think the current administration really, really, really wants boots on the ground in Syria
edit on 11/4/14 by AnonymousCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

If most american goods were fully manufactured in the US that might be true, but they aren't any more. The US has moved to a service industry. The dollars worth in regards to other currencies doesn't have as big an effect on our economy as it once did for that very reason.

Also, since much of the core products that US companies use to manufacture goods are purchased overseas, the stronger dollar will mean reduced costs and reduced prices for US goods, the only thing we could do to # it up is something stupid like raising minimum wage or something...

Jaden

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Masterjaden

Well, I don't think that a raise of the minimum wage would be a problem for the "worth" of a dollar in comparison to other currencies, as the dollars for the minimum wage would still be fluctuating in the US-local economy.

As I said, a "strong" or a "weak" dollar doesn't touch local prizes that much, as only imports and exports are depending on the value of the dollar.

But this crap with outsorcing work is happening around here (CATERPILLAR, I am looking at you!) - parts are produced in Germany, then shipped to southasia for assembling.. That will work for a year or two, dwindling earnings by rising times to manufacturing and increasing numbers of complaints about the quality of the assembling will force the company to move on.. My guess would be to some southern european country.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

You have some old information here US manufacturing has been on a study increase over the last 4 YEAR'S. Partly because manufacturers are reluctant to ship in parts after a lesson learned in 2011. In 2011 there was an earthquake in Japan which also caused flooding in Thailand shutting down the auto industry and electronics as well. This caused manufacturers to open up american markets to prevent this.

Than Chinas labor is no longer cheap they have rising labor which means cheaper to find skilled labor in other coutries. And then foriegn manufacturers are moving to the US just read an article on BMW spending a billion dollars upgrading a plant in Spartanburg. Even Lenovo a chinese manufacturer is opening up plants building computers.

See on the internet there are alot of Amarica haters that want to have you believe the US economy is on the brink of collapse far from it right now it is the most stable market with continued gaines. Dont believe internet blogs look at the numbers like inveators do.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

See on the internet there are alot of Amarica haters that want to have you believe the US economy is on the brink of collapse far from it right now it is the most stable market with continued gaines.

Where are you buying your cool-aid from man? The economy still sucks, and healthcare is through the roof.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: BELIEVERpriest

Really have any stats or is this just your opinion. See you cant base your beliefs on how well your doing. Unemployment is down GDP is up inflation less than 1 PERCENT. Manufacturing is increasing interest rates low housing market is up. The only concern i can think of is student loans there way to high but this is a result of poor lending as banks looked for new revenue when housing market tanked. It should start falling in line. Remeber there is always sharks in the water and to many young people are eaten by sharks.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
The economy was in a bubble in 2007 and the Federal Reserve, banksters and Obama have tried to print their way back into the bubble. Wall Street at 17000+ has nothing to do with a recovery on main street, its been all about propping up asset prices underwriting bank loans. There is no recovery for main street, in fact its the opposite, the Wall Street parasite is printing money and that causes inflation and is a tax on savings, pensions, wages and the standard of living of every American. Heck just look at banks, with their raising fees and low to nonexistent interest rates for CDs and savings, you have in fact a negative interest rate. The whole idea that was sold to the public was to avoid deflation at all costs and to bubble up the economy in order to save it. It has failed and it is now very apparent that QE and bailouts were about forestalling the inevitable in order to give the banksters time to prepare for the inevitable.

The recent increase in the dollar has nothing to do with a "healthy" economy. The rise in the dollar is a direct result of the Fed's announcement that its ending Quantitative Easing aka free printed money for the banksters. After the end of QE people will see the dollar as more stable, as in less Fed printing, and so the market is just baking in the result of the end of QE.

Now that QE is ending and the dollar is rising, it is the sign that the economic collapse is going to happen. Why? a stronger dollar will make goods cheaper in the US, this is a deflationary mechanism. also the pushing down of oil prices to hurt ISIS is also deflationary mechanism. This will start the deflationary trend that should have happened in 2001 after 9/11 and should have been allowed to happen in 2008. A faster crash would have lead to a sooner recovery. But Banksters have printed money and delayed the crash rather than accept their fate as financially destitute and morally bankrupt.

The inflationary depression is about to begin. But I doubt bankster will be hurt by this. The Fed bought them some time and padded their books with printed money which the banksters have turned into hard assets including industrial metals and food stuffs, that's right the banksters are preppers. They are prepared for what is coming but the American public has no clue. All I know is that if austerity measures impact things like medicaid and cut off all the failed boomers and crazies from getting their antidepressants and methadone, we will really see pharmaceutical zombies and violence on the streets.

But anyway, please don't let me rain on the Wall street at 17000+ and the dollar is rebounding parade... it sounds nice but I'm not buying it.

edit on 5-11-2014 by dieseldyk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: dieseldyk

I think the reason oil is cheaper is because of all the black market availability all the sudden. Otherwise very insightful.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Im keeping and eye on silver. Its dropped to just over $15 /oz and seems to be on the downward trend. Not sure where the bottoms at but I do plan on investing more of it. If you look at the last 40 years, silver usually bottoms out around $5 /oz. And peaks around every 30 years.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Alchemst7

Me to your right!

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: dieseldyk

QE had already ended last one round 3 was summer 2013. The anoncement recently was saying they wont be doing a round 4. The dollar isnt strong because of the anouncement since the dollars rise. The key is foreign investors are hiding in us market. China is not a safe heaven any longer and Russia scared many in Europe afraid of supply problems ro Europe.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: BELIEVERpriest
The sudden drop in gas prices has happened too fast for my comfort, and it seems to have happened just in time for QE3's ending. Im afraid that this "good news" will be short lived, and is not really good news at all. I think the collapse of the dollar is truely imminent now. Just when Obama was elected, the gas prices had dropped to a low point, then bad things followed. Im afraid that this is a repeat of 2008-9.

Imagine if you will the gas prices dropping before every
election in the last 25-30 years; to give us plebs a slightly
fatter wallet to vote with. It's all cyclic salve really... but
a great point you made with the compensation to a
significant shift in the money supply, ie QE ending.

I think with all the scams/diversions/crises building up
and well juggled between themselves as only noisemakers--
they won't matter when the big guns come out and prove to be
plastic. Not any more than a positive change from a party
pendulum swing, big or small compared to the theater burning.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 03:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Dont believe internet blogs look at the numbers like inveators do.

Unfortunately most of those numbers are published by our government which sadly can't always be trusted. Such numbers are often skewed in a way to make the current leaders look good. The CPI is a joke and many other "official" numbers. The dollar is going to fall unless there are dramatic changes.

The reasons I believe the dollar is up is because of elections, a weak European economy, and finally our buddies at the Fed setting up fake buyers for our treasuries because China and Russia have cut down. I read somewhere that Belgium and Norway are buying huge numbers of US Treasuries even though they don't have the budget for it. The Fed needs someone to buy those treasuries or else the dollar will collapse.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
a reply to: 727Sky

Both things are good and bad:

Having a "cheap" dollar means that more us-american-made goods will be bought worldwide (as they are cheap by a cheap dollar) = more work for us-american companies. Imported goods are expensive in the USA.

Having an "expensive" dollar means that you could buy formerly expensive imported goods (like a Porsche or such) for less dollars. US-american goods are more expensive all over the rest of the world = less goods are sold = less work in the USA.

And therefore having an "expensive" currency does not automatically mean that all is well..

Maybe in the rest of the world. Against the Euro the Dollar was really weak, which was good for musclecarlovers here, but bad for export. An midsized German car would set you back 43.000 Dollars before you add anything (including taxes though). For the price of an S-Class or an Audi A8 after you add taxes and the conversion rate, you get a house in America, a good one.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Merinda

The Economy Of The Largest Superpower On The Planet Is Collapsing Right Now

How do you fix a superpower with exploding levels of debt, that has a rapidly aging population, that consumes far more wealth than it produces, and that has scores of zombie banks that could collapse at any moment.

You might think that I am talking about the United States, but I am actually talking about Europe.

You see, the truth is that the European Union has a larger population than the United States does, it has a larger economy than the United States does, and it has a much larger banking system than the United States does. Most of the time I write about the horrible economic problems that the U.S. is facing, but without a doubt economic conditions in Europe are even worse at the moment. In fact, there are many (including the Washington Post) that are calling what is happening in Europe a full-blown "depression". Sadly, this is probably only just the beginning. In the months to come things in Europe are likely to get much worse.

www.activistpost.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join