It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Seeking to Absorb East Ukrainian Rebels Into Armed Forces, Says Kiev

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

In Libya, Mass Evacuation of Foreigners Continues

Source

An article from 2011, which states that foreigners from nearly every nation began to flee Libya. I would have to, if I were there during the uprising. How does this relate to the situation in Ukraine? I'm confused. It doesn't seem to point toward any U.S. involvement.

Why Syria?

Source

I almost stopped reading as soon I saw buzz-words like "neocons" and "Bush-clique". True journalists don't resort to these phrases to report facts. This is an opinion piece written by someone with a bias. Moreover, he doesn't seem to present any sources for his opinions beyond taking a Wallstreet Journal piece out of context.

I'm not saying the US is blameless, it's got it's spoon in a lot pots and Ukraine is one of them. I'm only trying to put a different perspective for those of you who come in and seem to think that Russia is the somehow the last bastion of sanity in a truly insane world, and that is simply not the case.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Meh... Absorbing rebel fighters. Big whoop. You have my attention when he invades Kiev

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

It would be a stretch to say Russia and China are aligned. From what I've seen, China has done it's best to maintain a neutral stance on this whole Ukraine issue, at least on it's public face.

Saying it's allied with the biggest economy in the world is a misnomer. China relies on the United States and other western nations quite heavily to support it's massive industrial complex. If the west goes down, so does China (at least economically).

I will give you that Russia doesn't have a huge debt.

That source is banking on if oil stays at 80/bbl. It's on track to close at 78/bbl today, so the fall is continuing. Not sure when it will stabilize.

Russia is in a dangerous situation economically, no matter how you slice it. Between sanctions, isolation, oil prices, etc, they've created a lot a kinks in their economical armor. About the only industry that hasn't taken a hit is their arms export, though even that is debatable.

Ideally, they could borrow from China, but that puts them in the same vicious debt cycle the US is in.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Because you are acting a whole lot better.....

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   

So you can believe some here on this forum who only want to make you believe it`s all Putin`s fault or you can choose to look at the bigger picture and actual see what is going on.

Putin's main adviser, well he said exactly everything you would expect him to say.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

Because you are acting a whole lot better.....

Just trying to be friendly there...sorry it ruffled your feathers.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

Neocons is short for neoconservatives and is not some buzz-word, here some more :

Link

It`s an explaining of what`s happening and not just some "opinion piece," and of course you won`t read it in MSM. If you keep disregarding information based on such premisses to want to keep believing in what you have been indoctrinated with and that is "America is the greatest country in the World," be my guest. But if you however want to figure out what`s actual going on the World I suggest you should take such pieces more seriously.

Both my parents used to ask me when I was young (age 8-12) when I made the excuse "but others did it too," "If others jumped in the river would you do the same?" Meaning, don`t try to minimize your own wrong doings by pointing towards others, so that`s basically kids stuff. And all I hear from Americans is the same thing, "America is not a saint, but hey, others aren`t too.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   
If this was the real news then it would have been all over the media.

However, it is from Newsweek so they do hold some weight.

Why would Russia ask NAF soldiers to be absorbed into its armed forces when Kremlin has openly said in the past that they do not want to have NovoRossiya join in as a part of Russia.

It would be a stretch to say Russia and China are aligned. From what I've seen, China has done it's best to maintain a neutral stance on this whole Ukraine issue, at least on it's public face.

There is some reality to this statement. It would be catastrophic for Russia to count on China even in economic war let alone the military one. Strategically speaking if West runs Russia to ground then next country on target will be China. Hence, it makes a lot of sense for Chinese to stand firm along side Russia in any geopolitical issue.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

What do you think BRICS is about ?

Not only Russia would feel it when oil goes down even more, so I could be wrong, but to me there are too many oil producing countries now who can`t bare the loss of way lower oil prices and by so I don`t think they will let it fall too much.

They are only isolated by/of the West, and the World is way bigger as that, so Russia isn`t isolated looking at it from a global perspective.

They are however feeling the pain, just as the EU is (maybe even way more), but they are not in a dangerous economical situation, that`s just bloated propaganda by western media to try to influence public opinion in Russia about Putin. Russia still has internet freedom and Russians do look at foreign news media.
edit on 4 11 2014 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Putin's main adviser, well he said exactly everything you would expect him to say.

He says how they think, and that`s what is actual important, because that gives the information to how and why they do things. And in that light, his point of view is way more important as to the view of any on this forum.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Attacking his thread is not really friendly....

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:37 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

That where you seem to have some misconceptions about me. I'm not some blind person who thinks America is the greatest country in the world. If you had read my earlier posts you'd see I have plan to Naturalize as a Japanese citizen.

And I'm sorry, "neocon" is in my mind, a buzzword. It's a word designed to elicit an emotional response in it's readers and lead them in a certain emotional direction with the piece. The author could have easily used the term "far right" or even "radical right".

You're right, I'm saying America isn't saint, but some folks here seem to think that Russia is, which is where my fervor in posting comes from.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I have read it and also your doubts about it, so easy mistake.

You can look at it that way regarding neocons, but remember, most don`t do that, it`s actual also used as being normally in our MSM news (the Netherlands) as an example.

About seeing Russia as a saint, I`ve seen many people, not only here make the same assumption, but it`s more about "finally a force standing up against the TBTB" or whatever you want to call them. There are simply a lot who see what suffering they are causing and have caused, and have felt helplessly against it, and when some people finally make a stance towards them they get cheered on, so there`s some logic in it.

And don`t forget, they can throw in some bad things about what Russia has done, but part of them can blamed on the same forces behind the Ukrainian mess. So making a balanced comparison between the West and Russia or China isn`t by far favorable for the West.
edit on 4 11 2014 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Question -

How does invading Ukraine equate into standing up against TPTB?

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   
It sure feels like 1939 all over again people something tells me a world war is coming our way , i really hope i am wrong on this but the way things are going in the world it looks more likely Russia knows it is maybe next in line for war , Isil or what ever they call themselves are just a distraction

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: douglas5

A similar, and equally BS map, exists with Iran.

If NATO wanted to take Russia it would have occurred after the collapse of the USSR. Since NATO is a defensive alliance it did not happen then and will not happen now.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I would hardly call it a defensive after the bombing of Libya when it was only meat to make a no fly zone .The picture there was bombing of infrastructure and little to no air traffic .But that was so the terrorist had free range to over throw the Govt . mission accomplished . a reply to: Xcathdra

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

You should read the UN resolutions that were not only passed on Libya, but not blocked by Russia.

You want to keep trying to invoke Libya then you must acknowledge Russian involvement as well.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: douglas5

A similar, and equally BS map, exists with Iran.

If NATO wanted to take Russia it would have occurred after the collapse of the USSR. Since NATO is a defensive alliance it did not happen then and will not happen now.

Right after 1991, the US missile defense was in no shape to stop incoming Russian ICBMs. Much advancements have taken place in last 20 years or so. We do not know the current status, but by 2020 or so it has potentials to stop the ICBM assaults. Aegis BMD is pretty advanced even now but there are chances that few missiles can slip through and create a nonsense.

That is why NATO is not currently in the mood to fight a war with Russia. However, regime change in Ukraine was a step in that direction and they are working on it to gain further grip.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join