It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Seeking to Absorb East Ukrainian Rebels Into Armed Forces, Says Kiev

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Russia Seeking to Absorb East Ukrainian Rebels Into Armed Forces, Says Kiev

More than 30,000 militants in eastern Ukraine’s pro-Russian Donetsk and Luhansk regions have received conscription summons to join the Russian armed forces a day after their self-styled elections, according to Ukraine’s Security Service (SSU).

Both leaders of pro-Russian forces in Donetsk and Luhansk won in landslide victories on Sunday. The elections were accepted by Russia, however neither Kiev, the EU nor US have recognized the result as legitimate.

The request for the separatists to become a part of Russia’s armed forces is seen by Kiev as another step towards the de facto annexation of the eastern Ukrainian territories by the Russian Federation.

Libkiyvskiy also posted images on social media of conscription summons made to citizens of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic’s Ministry of Defence urging them to comply with Russian federal law and report for duty at their local military command office by November 5.

Alleged images of summons made to citizens of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic’s Ministry of Defence urging them to comply with Russian federal law and report for duty at their local military command office by November 5. Markian Lubkivskyi/Facebook

Click link for remainder of article.

And so it begins...

Do any of our pro Russian friends have any evidence to the contrary they can share?

ETA -
Pravda.RU - Novorossiya will have more republics, Luhansk leader says
edit on 4-11-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   
If true it basically confirms what we have been saying. This is definitely not what the people of East Ukraine want, as they overwhelmingly have spoken about being free, including free from Russia.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:15 AM
link   
One thing I will say is that Mr. Putin must be driving the western puppets and their masters nuts .Not that he needed to do that ,but he defiantly makes moves that no one seems to be able to predict .He also seems to be taking a legal (of sorts) approach to it . I am thinking that he will move in some new hardware and re-position the military to contend with any kind of a advance from the western powers .

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:17 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Unable to predict? People said he would do this months ago. This is exactly what was predicted, and people like you said would not happen.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:22 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

I feel like I shouldn't like those videos, but I just can't help it. My wife freaks out over centipedes and I have to save them before she kills them in the house.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   

You know how it is. Inside joke.

At any rate, Is anyone really surprised by this? What was the pro-russian excuse? It will be an independent territory? Sort of the same excuse used prior to the annexation of the Crimea? The Ukrainian people have been #ED. Nobody should be surprised when they get mad. And they will.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

Russia has the rebels bent over hard and Putin knows it. They can't hold Ukraine off without Putin's help. They made a deal with the devil and are now realizing the price.
edit on 4-11-2014 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Where did I say that ? I know I was thinking that he may and probably said he should but I don't recall saying that . a reply to: OccamsRazor04

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

You are looking for Pro Russians ???

You found one, PROUDLY PRO RUSSIAN

After all, am I supposed to be pro US or pro NATO, these guys formed ISIS and attacked half a dozen countries and destroyed them utterly in the past 15 years.

So yeah let me be clear, if you are thinking that pro Russians on ATS are hiding or ashamed of something, you are in for a surprise.

If western bankers and their puppets like Obama Merkel etc, if they can set up and recognize their puppet government in Kiev

So can Putin recognize Eastern Ukraine votes and legitimize their Army, they can be made strong without the need for cloak and dagger stuff.

What's wrong western puppets, you don't like that the gloves are off, maybe you shouldn't have started it with NGOs financed to destroy yet another country.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
Where did I say that ? I know I was thinking that he may and probably said he should but I don't recall saying that . a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I have no interest in combing through past threads which is why I said "people like you". Just for the record, are you saying you always claimed Putin was going to do this, and you never claimed the West was lying about Russian involvement in the Ukraine?

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   
a reply to: WineWithIce5

Except that is not what this says is happening. It's not Russia making the Ukraine strong, it's Russia demanding the rebels join the Russian army, and telling Ukrainians they must comply with RUSSIAN law.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   

So you claim

Perspective on the ground is very much different, and I got news for you, they don't care what you think.

Once the army is legitimately backed by Russian Federation, your precious fascist Kiev puppets will never be able to kill them like dogs in the streets.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Except that is not what this says is happening. It's not Russia making the Ukraine strong, it's Russia demanding the rebels join the Russian army, and telling Ukrainians they must comply with RUSSIAN law.

AAHAHAHHA

What a wonderful example of western thinking, no wonder you guys are doomed long term with the way you analyze reality.

Since this whole thing began with rebels in Eastern Ukraine, they ASKED AND WANTED to join Russia but Putin was wondering if they would be an asset, or not. Putin wasn't sure.
edit on 4-11-2014 by WineWithIce5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Just for the record, are you saying you always claimed Putin was going to do this, and you never claimed the West was lying about Russian involvement in the Ukraine?

I cant say I have ever said Putin was going to do this nor can I recall anyone ever predicting this move .Oh and I have claimed that the west was lying about some things that were going on inside Ukraine .They have from the start and as far as I can tell are still making claims that may not be true .Think about the two phone calls released on the web or the propaganda piece about the jews just to name a few .How about that UN helicopter used by Kiev or what about the cluster bombs .There has been lots of things we don't have the full picture about including the shoot down of the airliner and I suspect we may never know because of the gag order imposed on the investigation going on . As for the latest elections in the east and Russia's move dealing with military, well we shall see how the west moves now .Putin made his ,it's the west's move now . a reply to: OccamsRazor04

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   

I did not see anything in your rant that deals with the op.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

I think its so Russia can gain justification for invading Ukraine completely. By taking this action should Kiev forces engage the rebels they would be engaging Russian military units. That encounter would be used by Putin for justification on moving further west into Ukraine.

I think Putin knows the south and East of Ukraine cannot hold without russian assistance. I think this is a way for Putin to backdoor the annexation of those regions.

With the head of the UN, Ban kai Moon, denouncing the elections I dont see how Russia will spin this one. Porshenko was meeting with his security advisers to discuss scrapping the cease fire the rebels just violated.
edit on 4-11-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I really shouldn't be surprised that the pro-Russian folks here just throw around words like "fascist" and "puppet". After all, when your main source of news regarding the situation is the state run Russia Today news network, you only get one heavily biased side of the story. I'm not saying western news sources aren't biased. They are, but RT constantly tows the Anti US line, and to great effect, it seems. Russia has been quite literally backed into a corner by Western powers. They had been given multiple opportunities to play ball with us. They took the ball, threw it over the fence, gave us the finger, took their lunch and went home. Now they're claiming sour grapes when their juvenile way of dealing with the modern world doesn't fly.

When Putin finally loses it it and presses that red button, well..

It seems John Titor may have gotten a few things correct.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Source Newsweek citing Ukrainian Goverment i am quite sure its very reablie.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   

"Markian Lubkivskyi/Facebook "

Very reablie.

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join