It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Crazy Music Thread

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:06 AM
link   

edit on 4-11-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:17 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

Nivek Ohgr is a personal hero of mine

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

Love Tool too and this is probably one of the craziest music videos ever made.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: CagliostroTheGreat

Who would have thought we had so much in common

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Another crazy one.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Awesome band.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:35 AM
link   

edit on 4-11-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:46 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Here is one that is out there.

Naked City
edit on Tue20142014TueAmerica/ChicagoTue, 04 Nov 2014 06:05:33 -0600 by DooDer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Sag..for real? Are you a Sag cause I am...
Greatest ever Sags...My brother is the last greatest of our time rhythm guitarist ever to grace a stage. He played on the biggest tour in the history of music...The Bad Tour...that's my brother with the eagle feather Jon Myron Clark. Just wiped his a$$ with Cirque Du Soleil, on the Michael Jackson "Immortal World Tour."

Awesome Sag...like Jimmy, but not quite as awesome as Jimmy. Pretty f'ing good though. Look him up...Jon Myron Clark (he has no idea I'm doing this BTW...lol), Michael Jackson...Greg Phillinganes (MD on Michael Jackson solo just about everything)...just please check him/them out.

Rhythm Guitar...it's all there!!!!!!!!!!

Bad Tour 1987 to every 2 years with the eagle feather hanging from his hair, with Jennifer Batten playing lead (yeah right). BTW, JMC played all the leads front...yet, behind Jennifer Batten. as she was the star guitarist...(whooooo) Everything...(I was there and I mean all the leads...every single freaking lead a year...JMC played them them all....every single one...tuned, ported and played). He played all that rhythm and the leads. Jennifer is a beast now...not so much then. But she's ultra dope now!!!!! JMC. Played all that $hit back then....all of it!

One of the greatest Rhythm Sagittarius of all time! Probably the last of our time....hell Lenny Kravitz learned from my bro! Little kid from BH, CA trying to hang with the big dogs and got kicked out and did his thang,,,thanks to those he's never bowed down too. JMC...is definitely the one. The one rhthym dude to bow down too! The big dogs all know it. Justice is served to a degree today. Check my music post...you'll see. It's all there. Don't loose sight of the real music and funkism'...just keep it real funky. The next Clark Boy is coming real soon, but he's coming with a double and electric bass...just like my (Brother's Johnson cousin) did it. Yep! We're going to bring real music back...just wait! With a classical twist.

Promise to watch all the way up until my brother strings that fuc&ing guitar while face to face with MJ and afterwards quickly playing Jennifer Batten's parts...most of them anyway (My son is learning from all of them and that other bass player (who happens to be Don Boyette...that guy...that electric bass is so funky....it kills me) as my son plays Double and electric bass.

I know all of them...they're fam bam! The most awesome musicians I have ever met in my life...what a freaking tour. I have to say good bye to Ricky Lawson, who was the drummer, played with ToTo and received a grammy for the YellowJackets and wore it proudly around his neck as well. Ricky has moved on to a better place and he will be forever be missed.

Ricky Lawson and I were working on a documentary about all the jazz drummers from the 1940's and on. Mainly, my uncle Sonny, Robert "Sonny" Johnson of the Johnson-Montgomery Quintet (Yes, Wes Montgomery and Monk too...all from Naptown) and who played in a band with Lionel Hampton and Quincy Jones (I'll hold my opinion of Mr. Jones for the documentary...biting my tongue like no other). But yes, we were working on something very strong along with Paul Riser. It will be done. Yes, a formal "Quintet" with Mr. Guitar Himself...Mr. Wes Montgomery. I'll leave that for another conversation and for another day. The only one missing...was Miles Davis. But as I hear it, he was too far ahead and far to unwilling to settle for those sucker a$$ playas...lmao! Funny huh? Can you imagine the music? The difference in music had all those guys gotten together back then?

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's rich in story though...tune in later folks.

But God Dang Mr. Music? What a group of flawless musicians that performed day after day, after day, after day, after day....with Michael Jackson...whether you like MJ or not...he's the world's greatest entertainer ever...ever in at least 100 years of performing....the greatest entertainer we'll ever see in our lifetime!!!!!!!!!! In my lifetime? That's a huge leap...and those are huge performances...like no one else in the history of music/entertainment has ever done before! Hats off to those men and woman and MJ for entertaining, playing and being themselves...and keeping us entertained.

Rhythm is very hard to perceive...you either have it or you don't! Many of you don't have it! Be mad at me for saying so...so what, the truth is the truth. If we all had rhythm, the world would be so much better
By the way, I have it too!

This is just a snippet of my family's tradition:

ETA
Notice at 2:10 (in the video) how "Eagle Feather" as my brother was referred to, leaves sight? It's because he went off into the dark to play the lead...even though Jen Batten, appeared to play in front...lead. She did not...my brother played all of that. Like I said, JB is a bad mo fo'. Now...Orianthi ain't got nothing...not near nothing on JB. JB would/will blow out a dozen candle sticks next to Orianthi (remember her in rehearsals in Burbank with my Bro...who turned down the "This Is It" tour). The tour was never ever going to happen with that lame ass band...ever! EVER! With a new MD, courtesy Tome Tome......never ever going to happen happen on MJ's dime. By the time MJ got Frank Dileo back, it was too late. AEG had total control of the whole tour. Now Frank is dead too. Everybody important has died since 2009. Hopefully, they're both well and living it up! Billions of dollars up in smoke...or maybe being smoked. I dunno, you be the judge. Investigate.

MJ was all about illusion. Making you think he disappeared...when he didn't. It was Greg Philiingaines most of the time filling in for MJ and disappearing on a whim from the stage as MD...while MJ reappeared...lol. The trick with the shoe bending/leg leaning on "Smooth Criminal"...it was just a tackled down staged trick...tacked down shoes to the stage which MJ has a patent on. MJ patented that one, master of illusion he was

Grand Master of the stage. I loved that crew...that Bad Tour Crew...awesome and dedicated like nothing any of us will ever see...ever again. No one can top MJ or his band.

edit on 11/4/14 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   

^^^ Start around 1:18:00 for epic finale

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   

How about this then? For when you cannot decide between black metal, and experimental jazz there is...

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a lot of franks music is out there but this is one of his more bizarre songs.

you want musical value too so here it is....frank and vai on guitar......
ya honza

hocus pocus by focus

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

I've always liked this kinky little after-hours tale from Kentish prog-rockers-gone-pop Caravan.

Please excuse the idiotic video and the mangled lyric subtitles. Shut your eyes and listen — better by far.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
This was from when David Lynch and Andy Warhol cowrote an album for Barry White.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Star for that. I didn't think it was weird, though. Thought it was bloody impressive.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Sonseed - "Jesus is my friend"

Drone - "Strange craft"

Joe Pesci - "Wise Guy"

And one more, give this a listen its not what you think whatsoever.

One Direction without the autotune

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 11:18 AM
link   
My crazy music tree is growing! Thanks for helping me nurture it everyone!

Heres another seed:

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join