It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Photographs of Drugs Enlarged onto film negatives

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
In this whole war on drugs campaign it's always good to hear about the other side of the coin, the one where an open mind is being privileged.
Let's use this one for the next topic, shall we?

In fact, an artist by the name of Sarah Schönfeld had the brilliant idea to make art by dropping drugs onto film negatives.

There's a lot of art in the world that can be credited to drugs - but it isn’t always done so directly as it was with German artist Sarah Schönfeld. Schönfeld took liquid versions of drugs, both legal and illegal, and covered exposed negative film. Each drug interacted with the film differently, and the chemical reaction continued for variable amounts of time. She repeated the process for dozens of drugs and enlarged the negatives after the reactions were complete.

I must say the result is truly mind blowing!

I don't want to promote drugs in any way, we all know they have their + and -, but as far as I can tell, the results Schönfeld got from those photographs and the profound feeling they seem to project into our mind is similar to what one's might experience by using these drugs. I'm talking from my own experiences ofc but even Sarah exposed the number of people emailing her saying they could easily relate the pictures to their respective drugs experiences. And then another article brings this interesting finding -

I got a call from a drug rehabilitation center and they said that they had run their own little experiment. Without explaining the images, they had shown the book to their patients and asked them to pick a favorite. Every single one of them chose their drug of dependence, with 100 percent accuracy. Even the secretary who only ever drank coffee chose caffeine.

CAFEINE

SPEED AND MAGIC

Esctasy

'___'

SOURCE 1 (more pics)
SOURCE 2

Inner feelings perfectly represented by images, or not?
What do you think of this ATS?

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
S + F is what I think.

Oh and that it's amazing that they've gotten this close to these substances without taking them lol.

Have they ever done this with cannabis?

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Yes, she said she used THC also but the results weren't as mind blowing as the rest. I guess marijuana is too soft of a drug compared to the other ones listed above.

She also mentionned that the images were affected by the precise time length drugs stayed on the film, which could be weeks or months depending on Sarah's will, and could completely change form.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Spiders on drugs.
cdn1.relevantmediagroup.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Well that was obviously a newbie on marijuana.

A seasoned user would've finished it with more complexity and greater care than most. It all depends on the user though, but many are capable of great thought.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Yeah, I know what you mean....
What were we talking about?

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Spiders? Webs? I don't remember.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Maybe he got the munchies and ate the web, tastes like crap but who cares.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

"Why wait for the bug when you can have the web right now right here!?"

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Spiders on drugs.

Is this legit?

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

You decide

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

Yeah it is. I've seen it in several publications and reputable online sources.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Have they ever done this with cannabis?

They did. It looked like this....

And this....

edit on 11/4/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   
My favorite is adrenaline. Stress is my drug of choice. I've looked into adrenaline addiction for other reasons and I'm trying to get things in order for the sake of my health.

What I find interesting is these photos could tell a person if they would like taking a certain drug.

I find the photo of speed to be repulsive, but Valium looks interesting.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Speed looks like a brain that exploded and died
Caffeine is pretty

Interesting stuff

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: St0rD

Alice D looks like a lone blue planet floating in purple space. I like it!
Caffeine is kind of terrifying. A super nova of fiberglass.
edit on 11/4/2014 by ItCameFromOuterSpace because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: SubTruth

originally posted by: Phage
Spiders on drugs.

Is this legit?

I've heard that it wasn't. But it looks pretty believable to me.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Interesting that in this vice link www.vice.com... the first two drug images, caffeine and speed, both "uppers" look quite similar.

Keep in mind though, the artist says that the image produced is different depending on the length of time the film is left to "develop" with the drug sitting on it. So there are instances of multiple pictures with the same label, but this is not an error.

If she had to use liquid forms of each drug, I wonder what form of liquid thc were used. There are at least 3 or 4 different types i can think of. Too bad she was not able to form an interesting image using cannibus. Maybe the lack of toxic or volatile chemicals that can interact with the film was the reason. But she made one with opium, and i dont want an answer to this here or to begin a discussion on the topic, but i thought opium was just the ooze that comes out when you slice open a certain plant. Of course, natural does not mean safe, or chemical-free, so i guess there could be more reactive chemicals in opium than in cannibus.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

I guess caffeine needs to be banned by the spider queen.

top topics

join