It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is There Hope For Hope Anymore?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Very well written and I could not agree more with you. Thank you for this post.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I barely have an ounce of hope left in my body.

I thought ATS would help fill what is so empty inside me.

I was wrong.

The only feelings I have left are reserved for my family and friends.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

Seeking outside sources to fill inner voids is always doomed to failure. Your salvation can only come from you. I spent well over a decade learning that lesson the hard way.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Thanks, couldn't have said a lot of that better myself.

I offer you a challenge ATS. No matter what labels you have been stuck with, or claim with pride... The next time you find yourself posting from a position of indignation, rage, and absolute dismissal of your opponents views. Take a minute to see if that long forgotten spot within you, that used to house your empathy, has anything left in the tank. Try to walk a mile in another's shoes. Try to understand why they might have an opinion different from yours. None of us is perfect and we can all learn from one another - even from those we disagree with.

Labels also open up for being offended because it makes it all the more personal and falling into aggressor's trap of making offensive claims.
No labels!

More seriously,

I ask this for a very simple and obvious reason. For all the fear this community has of "TPTB" it seems to me like we are all very good at doing their job for them. We, as a people, are cutting our own collective throats through absolutist thought - through thinking that only we might be right on any given topic.

Pretty much so. If not just ATS but the whole of the Alt and conspiracy community cannot agree to disagree without name calling, perpetually fight for fun, be contrarian just because, to those who make money off sensationalism, to also call out those who make extraordinary claims to make the community laughable, might as well just give right into TPTB.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

Understood.

I am personally fine. I still love life, my family, and my hobbies.

I am just beginning to not really care about other people or what happens to them. It sucks because that is not me.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Just need to put you right on the fact that it was Jesus Christ who said that a house divided cannot stand against itself; Mark 3:25. Abraham Lincoln only quoted Him.

What is hope? Man, we are all going to die. We are going to have to watch ourselves grow old (and that is if we don't manage to fall to illness before old age), we will have to see our loved ones and friends die. That is life.

Do you mean transient hope? Like just for a few years with a few happy memories before we die?

Do you mean political hope and society hope? Where people somehow learn to not be such monsters and governments, banks and corporations stop feeding like parasites on everybody else?

Hmmm! It is a mind game of a trick to go playing with hope. Can leave you feeling pretty disappointed.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

It is division that I want to address tonight, as I ponder and write words, freely flowing and unedited. I prefer this style to the more prudent methods of creating drafts and revising. To me "off the cuff" is far more honest - even if it is also more prone to lighting matches far too close to powder kegs. It is manufactured and emotional division that is eating at my heart right now and it needs to be addressed.

Awesome post for sure, and the above quote is a killer and will stand the test of time here on ATS.
Many thanks for a good logical read.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Saturn is gone.
Jupiter will be entering the Asteroid Belt and does not return for 300 years.
Venus will have periodical flareups.
Mars reins supreme.

This is the future. Its also the past. Our modern world merely mimics the celestial events of antiquity.

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Hi Heff

Long time no see. Hey, I still have hope. All one has to do is believe. Then get up and move onward.

CdT

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join