It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever dreamed you were in another time period?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Ever dreamed you were in another time period? I've had two. First one when I was a child. I remember it well. I stepped through a curtain into a large room, sat at a round table and had a small drink. I wore a brown suit. The walls were decorated with large red curtains and couples slowly danced in the middle. The women wore dresses like this picture 1.bp.blogspot.com...

I remember another a few years ago, I stepped out a building with some others. I had a blue suit jacket. Like the one here in the picture, www.fashionvip.org...
Except mine was light blue and not open.
To my left were trees, then a large field & a white schoolhouse. A woman was bringing children in and I said something to her. She asked what I said and I replied, God see's. Well, that's all that happened.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I've don't recall ever having a time travel dream myself personally.

There is an extremely fascinating post here by someone who appears to have stepped into some type of a time portal while wide awake.

Not really a dream but the encounter is definitely one of the most incredible that I have read on ATS...

originally posted by: lance_covel
When I was very young, I would often play outside our home into the evening and darker hours, also at times I would be asked by my mother to go to a McDonalds to get a few sundaes or such. We lived on what was then a dead end street, which ended at a schoolyard which had a gate opening at the end of the street. The address was 1343 Lead Street, Norfolk Virginia. On every occasion after sunset during the summer hours, and on every occasion just before sunset during the winter hours this is what occurred.,,,

Upon approaching the gate to the school yard I would always see a busy street with many people walking in each direction, I also saw cars. They were cars that you would see in an old movie depicting the early 1900's. Each time that I approached the schoolyard, I would stop at the "street" and wait for the traffic to slow or for someone else to cross at the same time. this went on for years. On a few occasions, I noticed that people on the street would stare at me as if I was an oddity of some sort (also please note that they were dressed in what I would describe as Zoot suites and long dresses)

Up until the time that I was 18 and was preparing to get married, I thought that this street with people and old cars was actually there. Fast forward 6 years,,, after being married and serving in the ARMY, I returned home. At night I would sit on the porch with my parents and enjoy a beer. Each night, that same busy street with people on it would fade into view.
Being older, and a lot braver, I decided to walk over to the "Street" and stand on the side-walk. Once I positioned myself in front of what appeared to be a small butcher shop (I had NEVER noticed this shop in the past) people passing me started pointing at me and staring.

After what seemed like 15 minutes, an older black man stopped and stood by me, while looking at the ground and avoiding appearing to speak to me, he said quietly "You not from aroun heun, you bes be keep movin' less you specting trouble, theyas plenty" I remember those words exactly, and the pitch of his voice. That was the last time I ever saw that street which didn't exist. Now,in 2014 the schoolyard is still there, but the street is no longer a dead end, it runs all the way to Princess Anne Road. I have driven to where our old house use to be and sat there till way after dark, waiting to see if that street still appears, but it hasn't.

(Click to zoom in)

edit on 3-11-2014 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: soaringhawk

Yes. The most vivid dream like this that I had:

I was in a teepee, surrounded by other men. I was native american, and we were listening to the Medicine Man. He was telling us how he had a dream that we would be attacked soon by another tribe. He had just finished speaking and we heard war cries and women screaming. I ran out of the teepee and grabbed what looked like a stick, with a rock tied to the end of it with leather strips. A very primitive hammer. It looked like this, but it was not sharp like a tomahawk. It was blunt at the end:

I ran out and quickly encountered the other tribe, with black and white war paint, assailing women and savagely killing the elderly. I ran up to the first one who had a screaming woman with child by the hair, and savagely smashed his face in. His entire right side of his face caved beneath the blow and blood squirted everywhere.

I continued fighting, stealthily choosing my targets who were already engaged with other villagers or braves of my own tribe, delivering the most gory blows I did not think my mind was capable of conceiving. As we beat the other tribe back out of the village and into the trees, I heard a familiar scream.

I looked to my right, and I saw a woman that I knew. In my dream I did not know if she was a wife or sister or daughter or what. I just knew I loved her very much. One of the other tribesman had a weapon similar to mine, and he had her by the hair with one hand, and clubbed her in the face with the other. I knew he had killed her instantly. His weapon was a club, but looked more like this:

(Sort of a combination of the top and bottom one, but without a spike)

I flew into a rage and let out a war cry, and ran straight for him. I looked to my right again, and I saw a tribesman from my own tribe, with a drawn bow. We made eye contact. I did not know what relation to this man I had, I only knew in the dream that he was a friend or brother somehow, and he too knew this woman. He loosed the arrow and I looked forward again at the target before me as I approached him. The arrow penetrated his throat, and pinned him to a tree behind him. He gurgled for life, still alive, as I closed in and finished him off with a vicious blow to his face.

I woke up at that moment, and sat straight up in my bed covered in sweat. Was one of the most vivid dreams I've ever had and I remember it to this day (probably had it about 10 years ago now).

ETA:

No, I'm not Native American, and have no Native American ancestry at all. Both my parents lineage comes from Europe (Norway and Russia respectively).
edit on 3-11-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I once dreamed I was back in a place I lived in back in the 1990's. Remember looking up at the sky and seeing how deep blue it was, and how green the trees were

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Yup. Dreamt I was in my hometown during the days of the Lenai-Lenape. It was filled with greenery, quiet and the air was crisp and fresh.

I knew in the dream where I was, someone told me in it. Then I woke up and realized we have Frack No signs everywhere and the Natives would run from their own land if they saw what happened to it

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   
No, not in another time....

Lately I have been having very vivid dreams of being in a different place. I live in Arizona now and have for 15+ years but keep having a dream where I am instantly somehow back in Montana where I used to live.

I am quite aware that My house and all belongings are still in Arizona and am not sure how I got to the town where I used to live across the country. I am aware of where I am and it's a familiar place since I used to live there but feel a great loss because everything I own and have worked for is so far away and I am not sure how I arrived back in Montana.

It's as though someone teleported me back there with just the clothes on my back......

Guess I should stop eating pizza before bed.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I've had several dreams not in this time period. I don't remember everything well but it's hard to forget running and hiding from a large meat eating dinosaur. A number of my dreams involved combat as if I was a solder fighting in various times past and future. Sometimes it's difficult to separate lucid dreams with regular dreams if you have super abilities in regular dreams on many occassions. I've also dreamed of at least 2 or 3 alien species. The most recent one was humanoid but with a lizard like green face with ridges going up and down the face. If I have a lucid dream, I can time travel as I wish. Sometimes I dream a change I made created an alternate reality. It gets weird.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

One of my favorite threads. Still have it bookmarked.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: orionthehunter
I've had several dreams not in this time period. If I have a lucid dream, I can time travel as I wish.

When I read your post I thought of George Rodonaia's experience.

He was run over and killed by the KGB, pronounced dead, and claimed that he explored the Roman Empire, Babylon, and the times of Noah during a 3 day NDE...

My first thought is surely there must be some kind of connection between Lance Covel's, George Rodonaia's, and your experience.

Have you written about these time travel dreams on ATS before?

"Everything in this experience merged together, so it is difficult for me to put an exact sequence to events. Time as I had known it came to a halt; past, present, and future were somehow fused together for me in the timeless unity of life ... I could be anywhere instantly, really there ... I felt it necessary to learn about the Bible and philosophy. You want, you receive. Think and it comes to you. So I participated, I went back and lived in the minds of Jesus and his disciples. I heard their conversations, experienced eating, passing wine, smells, tastes - yet I had no body. I was pure consciousness. If I didn't understand what was happening, an explanation would come. But no teacher spoke. I explored the Roman Empire, Babylon, the times of Noah and Abraham. Any era you can name, I went there."

Time and the Near-Death Experience

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Yes i have.

I dreamt I was in the time when slavery was still here. I was in love with a black guy. My father was some high elected official. He found out, and kicked me out of the house. I stole a bunch of silver, so we could sell it to live on.
We were on the run, and he hid me in some other plantation, living with the other people that were enslaved. Was wearing the period clothing, and getting around on a bicycle. It was a very vivid dream, as I still remember it today. I remember the store prices were even appropriate to the time.

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 04:12 AM
link   

This might sound dubious, however, I remember the song "Goodnight Sweetheart" by the Spaniels, despite the fact that I had not heard it before on the radio. I had the song in my mind and searched for it on YouTube and discovered indeed that it was a real song.

When I listen to the song, I get a feint recollection, perhaps being at a ball or a party where the song was playing. The context of the memory seems to be during WW2, so anywhere between 1939 to 1945...

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I once had a dream I was walking around in 1975. The music was awesome.

posted on Nov, 9 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Not of another time, but another 'earth''. It's modern times, but different. I was in the military, and for a long time, it would be a succession of events, from boot camp to combat. It was the USA, but felt different, different flag, different uniforms, everything. Everything was just a little more modernized then what we have now. Did I see things thru my own eyes from another parallel universe? I'm thinking so...

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

I probably only posted bits and pieces of my dreams since I've had so many weird dreams. I've dreamed of past and future time periods and some are not even on this planet or necessarily in this universe, maybe a parallel reality. I wouldn't even know where to begin if I tried to keep a dream journal. In one dream I dreamed in a somewhat semi conscious state that a very advanced AI from the distant future opened up a temporal or a time distortion that enabled communication with humans in a semi conscious state. I believe I posted about this somewhere. One thing I remember discussing was the nature of humans.

Why a super advanced AI would bother communicating with me is beyond me if true. What was more disturbing is that after I got up, I did an Internet google search using words from my dream. I found one result. A PDF file. I read about supposed top secret military equipment stored at several bases across the country. It looked like an inventory list. I read in blue letters not to be shared with any other government department. I was thinking ok, I won't. Then my I Internet connection died and my pc was locked up. I rebooted and deleted everything I saw. My connection was really slow and made me think I was being watched.

The AI I dreamed about was way more advanced than anything I ever heard about. Some people could imagine the AI created our universe and we were like sims living within it. Just the thought that some super advanced AI could be playing God with our universe based off of some oddball thing I think of could be enough to drive someone crazy. This could explain a lot though.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I used to have a dream where I was on an old sailing ship. I was in command or second in command. I was wearing a blue coat but didn't have on the fancy hat you see in the movies.

posted on Nov, 15 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Wildbob77

Your post made me remember one weird dream. I dreamed in the future I was in a city that got hit by a nuclear blast. Instead of getting incinerated and dying I woke up I believe in the 1700's. The experience drove me a bit crazy. I grew a beard and became a pirate. I used fear to get people to be intimidated. I wasn't afraid to die myself because I should have already been dead. I remained in the Carolina's where I currently live. I had this dream a long time ago probably over ten to twenty years ago so details are fuzzy.

posted on Nov, 16 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I once dreamt that I was on an old-fashioned wooden ship, I think it was 19th-18th century-ish, also judging by my clothes and those of my companions. We were in the Arctic Sea and I wore a green-brownish thick warm dress, my fellow travellers wore thick warm clothing as well, huge coats, big boots. It was quite an unusual dream for me... anyway, next thing I remember was that we're in this snowy place quickly building a shack. Inside the shack/hut it's really nice and warm but outside it's very cold and snowy. I 'knew' that this was Nova Zembla and we were spending time for whatever reason there (related to whale hunting). It was quite a long dream, too. I liked it.

It was a whale-hunting mission.... but I'm a vegetarian! ^_^
edit on 16-11-2014 by Pitou because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-11-2014 by Pitou because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I dreamed before that I was in the future I supose, and I was on a military base with a bunch of robot soldiers running around. It was a dream I only had once about 15 years ago.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: SystemResistor

There was a UK Sci-fi comedy in the 90s called Goodnight Sweetheart (was freaking awesome as) about a time-traveller going back and forth between WW2 London and 90s London. The song you mentioned is the namesake of the show, and features the song as the introduction
If you were a young bub back then, it's probably influenced you maybe?

Speaking of WW2 though, I used to dream of creeping through fields and ducking from the view of old plans like lancaster bombers and spitfires.

One of my re-occurring dreams though, is what feels like me, but a grown up me (I started dreaming this from toddlerhood to puberty), wearing a trench coat and hat, walking up/down an alley towards the street at night, it was wet, I remember the brickwork of the buildings, and there was a bit of a light fog. I remember being scared, and then feeling a pain in my stomach where my birthmark is. The feeling I got from the dream was it was the 1980s.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I have had many dreams where I am me...but not the "me" I am now....In fact, I rarely dream of people I know in THIS life....but in my dreams, of people I only know in that DREAM life...

At any rate, I can only remember two very vivid dreams of another life. The first I had when I was a kid....maybe 6 until I was 10. I had multiple dreams of being a kind of test pilot in the German Lufftwaffe (I'm too lazy to look up the correct German spelling) during WWII. In the dream that I can STILL remember, (and I am now in my late 40's), I am flying over what I know in my dream to be "the Black Forest". I recall looking at a black and white photo of my wife and small son, (I am a female in this life), that is attached to my instrument panel. I look at it lovingly and longingly right before my plane explodes over this forest. I had a fascination with WWII as a child and actually knew a LOT of German, (I only know a few words now). I even got into trouble in elementary school because I drew a swastika on one of my book covers.

About 10 years ago I had a vivid dream in which I am a young Moorish or Arabic female living in a tent in the desert. I am giggling with my sisters and other female family members as I peek thru the tent flaps at my soon to be husband. I can see he is handsome and a leader of some kind. I get the feeling in the dream that I am extremely young and not to be the only wife of this man. I recall looking into some kind of a mirror and seeing only my eyes from beneath veils. I could actually FEEL the excitement and nervousness of being a new bride.

My dreams of the future are not too pleasant and every single one of them involved the US being under water....and very scary...I always see people in uniforms that I have never seen before...and in these dreams f the future, I am always hiding from these people in uniform....

Nice thread, by the way!

top topics

join