It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese scientists unveil floating 3D projection

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   

The bursts of light come hundreds of times a second, and as the beam moves, are able to form what appear to the naked eye as rudimentary three-dimensional images.

Source

So here we have scientists that created a way to display floating 3D images by shining lasers into the sky. You know what they say about public technology vs private, military technology. If we have this, what do they have? I seem to recall something about the military finding ways to display fake images in the sky. Project Blue Beam, perhaps?

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   
That was a thought that I had when trying to rationalize some of the UFO's that I've seen. Satellites using lasers to create 3D projections.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23
Just for you? Why?

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
Just for you? Why?

Not always just for me. There were other witnesses.
Some of them moved like someone pointing a pen laser at the sky and jiggling it around like one would do playing with a cat.
edit on 3-11-2014 by skunkape23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:24 PM
link   
"You" is not just a singular usage. "You guys."
Better?

Why produce images of UFOs? What purpose? Would it be like youtube hoaxers? Just doing it to fool someone?
"Hey Bill, we got 10 MUFON reports out of that last one!"
edit on 11/3/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

I'm wondering if this is a revision of a former thing they did in '05 of 'rain drops' which land in your hand only to reveal advertising.
www.techdirt.com...

Nothing became of it though I don't think.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz

So here we have scientists that created a way to display floating 3D images by shining lasers into the sky.

Not exactly. Did you actually read the article at all?

You know what they say about public technology vs private, military technology. If we have this, what do they have? I seem to recall something about the military finding ways to display fake images in the sky. Project Blue Beam, perhaps?

They® have a really fun way to make a dramatic display that talks. You really have to see that thing to appreciate it. By "display", I mean a ball of boiling fog/fire with red smoke coming off of it. Not a picture. It is very impressive, though, especially if you haven't seen it before, and more especially if you're not so technical.

It's actually the same thing as this, just done a different way. What they're not telling you in the article is that the thing is noisy as all hell.

And no, while they've spent lots of your tax dollars on trying to project a free floating image in free air (the specs are often really hilarious), only one vendor has managed anything at all and it is a technical marvel that only works in the area of the equipment, that is, you have to set the thing up in an excruciatingly picky manner, and there's limits on the surround. If you were a billionaire and wanted to set up a really nice haunted house attraction, you might manage it. The demo was a lot like that.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Better?

Why produce images of UFOs? What purpose? Would it be like youtube hoaxers? Just doing it to fool someone?

Good question. I have no answer. Sorry.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Speculation about it being done but none about why.
Fair enough.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Better?

One explanation is to make them seem real, in case of war.
Sudden mysterious aircraft appearing over soldiers and seeming to be impervious to all forms of attack would be pretty damn demoralizing. Another use would be to make these aircraft appear over strategic enemy locations, such as missile launch facilities. It would cause all sorts of chaos and confusion. A large part of war is psychological.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be more effective not to show it to anyone until the time was right?

Another use would be to make these aircraft appear over strategic enemy locations, such as missile launch facilities. It would cause all sorts of chaos and confusion.
Probably not, since there would be no radar returns (missile launch facilities use radar). "Huh, look at that. Must be one of them hollowgrams or sumpin. I heard the Japanese had that."

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
Sudden mysterious aircraft appearing over soldiers and seeming to be impervious to all forms of attack would be pretty damn demoralizing.

Well, you certainly won't be doing that with this system.

A large part of war is psychological.

It might be good for this, though. "What's that damned noise?" would be coming from everyone.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Probably not, since there would be no radar returns. "Huh, look at that. Must be one of them hollowgrams or sumpin."

You actually COULD get a radar return from this thing, if you ramped it up really big. You couldn't make it look like a convincing airplane, but you could manage a radar return. Especially if you were using really short wavelength radars.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam
Really? As I understand it they are heating air molecules to incandescence. How would that produce a return?

Scratch that, not even incandescence.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Wouldn't it be more effective not to show it to anyone until the time was right?

Another use would be to make these aircraft appear over strategic enemy locations, such as missile launch facilities. It would cause all sorts of chaos and confusion.
Probably not, since there would be no radar returns (missile launch facilities use radar). "Huh, look at that. Must be one of them hollowgrams or sumpin. I heard the Japanese had that."

LOL oh my phage... We now your a bit of a troll but
this is toooo obvious... And i dont mean THIS post
alone....

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Speculation about it being done but none about why.
Fair enough.

actually he was saying it was witnessed being done, without knowing why. i dont suppose you know the motive for everything you witness do you? say you see a helicopter in the sky and cant make out any markings on it, can you answer the question of its motives being where it is? i suppose you too would only be able to either speculate or outright say you dont know, same situation.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: pryingopen3rdeye
Actually, he was speculating about it being done.

i dont suppose you know the motive for everything you witness do you? say you see a helicopter in the sky and cant make out any markings on it, can you answer the question of its motives being where it is?
Nothing extraordinary about helicopters, is there. I know what a helicopter is. Now, if I speculated that it was a false helicopter I would then be curious about why someone would be flying a false helicopter around.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   

a reply to: Bedlam
Really? As I understand it they are heating air molecules to incandescence. How would that produce a return?

Scratch that, not even incandescence.

They're making little plasma blooms in the intersection of two or more beams. It makes a 'crack' when the bloom forms. If you're making a lot of them, it's like listening to a chainsaw at low volume. This is far from new, if you gaze back through ATS history, there is one particular series of posts between Wembley and myself on this very thing, Wembley posted a link to a video of it complete with the irritating noise. IIRC, we were discussing trying to scale this up and actually getting a useful result. With some discussion about variations on it that I had seen.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   

a reply to: pryingopen3rdeye
Actually, he was speculating about it being done.

i dont suppose you know the motive for everything you witness do you? say you see a helicopter in the sky and cant make out any markings on it, can you answer the question of its motives being where it is?
Nothing extraordinary about helicopters, is there. I know what a helicopter is. Now, if I speculated that it was a false helicopter I would then be curious about why someone would be flying a false helicopter around.

ufo's dont have to be extraordinary either, just because someone is unable to identify a flying object does not equate extraordinary, sure its a common leap to extraordinary but not always, and regardless, either way, without solid confirmation motive will always be speculative, what is the point in speculation on motive when confirmation of motive is the step after confirmation of occurrence, lets focus on confirming the occurrence of the ufo first, then worry bout trying to confirm its motives.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

AFAIK some plasma absorb RF energy and can be used to make surface stealth while other plasma reflect RF since plasma in electrically conductive.

Back on topic, I'm not sure of the exact method they used to make those small ionized air spot but if its by conventional method using a pulsed laser to produce electrical breakdown of air, it possibly used larger diameter optics and I would doubt of the safety of such assy. Imagine a bird flying thru the beam waist zone...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join