It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FAA Whistleblower: No-Fly Zone Designed to Keep Out Media

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   

At another point, a manager at the FAA's Kansas City center said police "did not care if you ran commercial traffic through this TFR (temporary flight restriction) all day long. They didn't want media in there."

This comment is in regards to a no-fly zone for the political protests in Ferguson, Missouri.

www.bloombergview.com...

I believe this would be a violation of the US constitution because it is an attempt to censor the press. Despite that the US has one of the highest support levels for freedom of the press, it none the less continues to be a place where heavy media censorship is attempted by nearly every police force.

I constantly wonder whether police abuse is on the rise in the USA or its just now coming out because the internet makes it widely known much more quickly. I have been treated pretty badly by police on at least two occasions and know a couple people severely abused by them. It seems police will leave wealthy people alone to some degree but will beat you up for fun if you are poor and therefore cannot afford a lawyer.
edit on 3-11-2014 by wayforward because: Added "Feruson, Missouri" line for context.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: wayforward

Yay for fascism

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   
This type of story needs more attention and the PUBLIC needs to employ a much Higher level of SCRUTINY whenever something of this magnitude comes into public view. IF in fact there Were intentional "No Fly Zones" enforced with the purpose/knowledge of a media coverup, it would be a HUGE violation of our constitutional rights something none of the Founding Fathers would ever tolerate. They would already be turning in their grave to see things like NDAA, the Patriot Act, and McCutcheon vs. FEC.

Just another potential example to add to the ever growing list of unconstitutionality we are seeing on an everyday basis.

#@&$ NO! We need to get people to realize how monumental things like this are. Before it's too late, ATS let's work to awaken people more - we can post on ATS all day but if we don't begin to initiate movements in our local communities how will anything ever change? Talk to your neighbors, share things like this on social media - whatever it takes to gain awareness. I don't think people realize how important a role they as a single individual can have. a reply to: wayforward

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

No one cares about the constitution anymore. Almost everyone cares only about themselves. The great experiment of America is clearly a failure. If you think constitutional violations of the rights of those "thugs" in Ferguson will get people's attention you haven't been paying attention. I'm sorry to say (i still am working against it and staying hopeful) but we are clearly headed towards either total societal collapse, WW3, or imposition of pure unfiltered fascism. Maybe all 3

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:48 PM
link   
a reply to: wayforward

Police abuse is on the rise because they want to get people riled up and protesting in the streets. They want people to get super angry and break out into Mob Mentality. That way they can sweep in with curfews, Martial Law and military people and take away more Freedoms & Rights from the U.S people.

Doesn't surprise me that they want to keep some media out because they need to be able to take as much control of what information is getting released & to help amp up fear & concern. It is also to try and hide some of the abuse by police/SWAT to the people at the protest.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Sabiduria

It's all a set up. Start a rebellion, an excuse to clamp down with an iron fist.

How about we don't rebel, we just stay in our homes, tell them to go to hell and take their Nazi ideology with them?

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   
In this forum for conspiracy theories, the one right in front of our noses is the one we most often ignore. The subjugation of Africans globally, but most prominently in America, used to be overt, in segregated schools, extremely fewer work opportunities, and a fierce national hatred.

Today, the subjugation is covert. This makes it all the more sinister. You can defend yourself till the cows come home that you aren't a racist because you don't segregate, you hire African Americans, you don't use the N word. But given the sames chances in life as a white American, the African American will always come up short. Small transgressions by the everyday folk coupled with the massive ones masked by "urban violence control" and legislation, such as those laws requiring an ID to vote, result in one of the greatest conspiracies of our time. This is a conspiracy that white people may benefit from, so is difficult to let go, but a huge fraction of our fellow Americans are suffering because of our opportunities. Ferguson is not a single event. This is happening daily. Every single day you can find a story of a black man shot and killed for something that would leave a white man in jail at worst, or at best just ignored. Ferguson is just the most visible it has been to us because the media can't ignore something this big. That's why they don't want the media in Ferguson. There have been protests weekly since Michael Brown's death, but have you heard about them?

No?

That's how they want it.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: caprellid

White or black, yellow or brown we're all oppressed in the same system.

Divide and conquer.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
a reply to: caprellid

White or black, yellow or brown we're all oppressed in the same system.

Divide and conquer.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you, but our weakest link in the chain right now is the African Americans. To think "I don't see color" is one of the most harmful trains of thought. You have to see color to understand what's going on. If you act colorblind to race you stop thinking "these people are in the ghetto because of generational poverty with roots in segregation and slavery" and start thinking "these people are in the ghetto because they messed up their lives!" You have to be aware of cultural institutions that synthetically divide us.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Originally I was under the impression they didn't want a ton of news choppers crowding the area. A bunch of choppers fighting for coverage in a small area could cause a mid-air collision.

Well, if what the guy says is true...then that wasn't a concern after all.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

I didn't consider that but I can imagine it being a concern. And if anybody used drones over there it could complicate it I bet.

I think the reasons here are that they won't show the "ground war" on the news. So no one's concerned about the atrocities that could be taking place on our own soil.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

It's hard because they know how to manipulate people and get them all worked up into a frenzy. They've been studying for decades on how to accomplish this in the most effective ways, there are too many people who will be susceptible to the manipulation.

Until we can get enough people to realize what is going on, this vicious cycle of manipulation, abuse, fear & chaos in order to get us under control will continue.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Greetings,

The chief of St Louis County police address this subject on tv the other night.

The reason a no fly zone was put in place was because shoots were fired at heliocopters and also laser beams.

It was for saftey.

The ground media had pretty much open access except for a couple of cops that got out of hand.

I drive thru Ferguson on occassion and we have friends who live there that keep us posted.

new topics

top topics

join