It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debris patch spotted in March ignored by MH370 search

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
The JACC seem totally fixed in their thinking and unable even to consider a debris field spotted just 300nm from the Southern Arc

i257.photobucket.com...

This debris field of at least a hundred floating objects which French Airbus engineers described as metallic looking included one huge object seen on a Chinese satellite 22m x 13m. A chinese search aircraft actually photographed this debris field on 24 March and then JACC switched the search area to a new location west of Exmouth where the vessel Ocean Shield heard pings from the ocean depths.

Meanwhile a new search has returned to the southern Indian Ocean to scan along the seabed along the Southern Arc. The problem is that search is driven by a variety of calculations which seem at best flawed and in error. The radii of the Southern Arc from the satellite is calculated from a signal path delay but there are several un-known and estimated signal delay factors. If these delays are estimated wrongly, then the calculation for the Southern Arc could be out by hundreds of miles yet just a few miles away was a debris field which JACC stubbornly refuse to consider.

Whilst small debris can drift quite fast the largest 22m x 13m object, possibly a wing would drift only very slowly. The drift of this object would not travel 320nm from the Southern Arc in just 11 days.

More importantly at the Southern Arc calculated by JACC the current was easterly.

At the debris location the drift pattern was southwesterly, therefore the debris patch could not have drifted there from the Southern arc so why look where they know it isn't?

i257.photobucket.com...

MH370 could not have dived west from IGARI flown across Malaysia at low altitude and then climbed again in the Straits of Malacca before turning south to the Southern Arc because it would not have enough fuel left. Only a direct flight following a magnetic heading from Vietnam to Kuala Lumpur would cause a path to the debris site and even that would have to be at 35,000ft the entire distance for reasons of fuel consumption.

i257.photobucket.com...

edit on 3-11-2014 by sy.gunson because: inserted direct links

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
This was the largest object sighted, far bigger than any shipping container

And when search aircraft tried to locate this debris they were greeted with this type of visibility:

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: sy.gunson
The JACC seem totally fixed in their thinking and unable even to consider a debris field spotted just 300nm from the Southern Arc

i257.photobucket.com...

This debris field of at least a hundred floating objects which French Airbus engineers described as metallic looking included one huge object seen on a Chinese satellite 22m x 13m. A chinese search aircraft actually photographed this debris field on 24 March and then JACC switched the search area to a new location west of Exmouth where the vessel Ocean Shield heard pings from the ocean depths.

Meanwhile a new search has returned to the southern Indian Ocean to scan along the seabed along the Southern Arc. The problem is that search is driven by a variety of calculations which seem at best flawed and in error. The radii of the Southern Arc from the satellite is calculated from a signal path delay but there are several un-known and estimated signal delay factors. If these delays are estimated wrongly, then the calculation for the Southern Arc could be out by hundreds of miles yet just a few miles away was a debris field which JACC stubbornly refuse to consider.

Whilst small debris can drift quite fast the largest 22m x 13m object, possibly a wing would drift only very slowly. The drift of this object would not travel 320nm from the Southern Arc in just 11 days.

More importantly at the Southern Arc calculated by JACC the current was easterly.

At the debris location the drift pattern was southwesterly, therefore the debris patch could not have drifted there from the Southern arc so why look where they know it isn't?

i257.photobucket.com...

MH370 could not have dived west from IGARI flown across Malaysia at low altitude and then climbed again in the Straits of Malacca before turning south to the Southern Arc because it would not have enough fuel left. Only a direct flight following a magnetic heading from Vietnam to Kuala Lumpur would cause a path to the debris site and even that would have to be at 35,000ft the entire distance for reasons of fuel consumption.

i257.photobucket.com...

Of course the search is politically motivated. Governments want to create the illusion that they're "doing something". Almost certainly, no trace of this plane will ever be found unless it is on land. The massive money being spent on this could be put to better use. Yes, I feel for the loved ones of the lost people but it's not like they're going to be found alive and saved. Enough.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

Of course the search is politically motivated. Governments want to create the illusion that they're "doing something". Almost certainly, no trace of this plane will ever be found unless it is on land. The massive money being spent on this could be put to better use. Yes, I feel for the loved ones of the lost people but it's not like they're going to be found alive and saved. Enough.

You don't have to quote the whole previous post to make a brief response.

Agreed there are many politically motivated deceptions.

However there is a real point to finding MH370 and that is to determine what went wrong and prevent the same thing happening ever again. If you don't get that then you better get used to playing Russian roulette every time you fly.

The political motive is to shift the blame to the pilot and accuse Zaharie of suicide to deflect attention from the possibility of electrical failure causing a cockpit fire.

If you think that's not important enough to care about then I sincerely hope you are in the next airliner to suffer an inflight fire so you can use the last terrified seconds of your life reflecting how wrong you were.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

You don't have to quote the whole previous post to make a brief response.

Agreed there are many politically motivated deceptions.

However there is a real point to finding MH370 and that is to determine what went wrong and prevent the same thing happening ever again. If you don't get that then you better get used to playing Russian roulette every time you fly.

The political motive is to shift the blame to the pilot and accuse Zaharie of suicide to deflect attention from the possibility of electrical failure causing a cockpit fire.

If you think that's not important enough to care about then I sincerely hope you are in the next airliner to suffer an inflight fire so you can use the last terrified seconds of your life reflecting how wrong you were.

I think it's very important, but certainly analyses and testing of existing same model airplanes would cost far less and, considering that finding the wreckage is like finding a specific grain of sand in the Sahara, more likely to yield results. Would I feel differently if I were a loved-one of someone on board that plane? Of course I would. Your wish for me to die in a fiery plane crash has been duly noted and raises as many questions about you as have been raised about the missing plane. Perhaps a better investment of your time would be exploring why you feel such anger toward someone you don't know who has done exactly nothing to you.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Tangerine

If they have a likely debris field then it is just a question of working out the drift from recorded weather and wave patterns.

A piece of scrap wing from a widebody aircraft should be lowered into the water in a similar location and the drift speed noted according to wind and wave strengths to provide an analog. Large debris does not drift very fast due to inertia. They already know how far the smaller debris in the same field had spread away from the largest which also provides a clue to the spread propagation.

You disregard for the wellbeing of fellow humans and focus on personal self interest is also noted.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Weather at debris location 19 March 2014

19 March
edit on 6-11-2014 by sy.gunson because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Wind strengths on 08 March 2014 were 103-17 knots from 249 degrees True. This would have produced mountainous waves of 40ft high.

Wind strength & directions 08 March

winds eased and by 14 March had backed to 225 deg True and just 17 knots

edit on 6-11-2014 by sy.gunson because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   
An array of satellite images for a debris field of up to 300 separate floating items said by French satellite technicians to be highly shiny like metal.

Assorted debris

and various items between 2 metres and 5 metres seen from the Thai satellite Thaichote

Debris spotted by Thaichote satellite

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Wind strengths and direction suggest MH370 impacted SW of the debris field as much as 340nm away from the Southern Arc calling into question the accuracy of BTO calculations for the final ping ring and by inference casting doubt on all previous ping ring radii.

Suggested MH370 debris drift pattern

Post Script:

Contrary to my earlier personal belief, when I started plotting debris to Google Earth on my own Computer I noticed something interesting. The largest debris traveled furthest to the NE.

Intermediate sized debris traveled slightly less north-east whilst the really light debris seemed to make least progress and actually began to head east rather than NE.

A real effort should be made to understand and plot the drift pattern as the focus of this debris fan will be the impact site for MH370.

edit on 6-11-2014 by sy.gunson because: Added Post Script

posted on Nov, 7 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Open Letter to JACC boss Angus Houston

sent 8th November by email

Dear Chief Air Marshal Houston,

In reference to the debris sighted approx 915nm east of the Kerguelen Islands on bearings between 76-84 degrees true by Chinese, Thai and French satellites, I note that winds there on 08 March 2014 were 103-107 knots from 249 degrees True.

These were ferocious winds which suggest a healthy drift speed from a possible impact location further to the South West somewhere about 47.30S and 83.10E. This is beyond the Southern Arc as currently calculated, but I suggest the BTO value for the Southern Arc was incorrectly calculated by just a small percentage.

What this wind drift pattern implies is that those debris drifted North East and if it came from MH370 then MH370 impacted the sea about 390nm beyond the final ping ring.

Since the BTO ping ring is calculated from signal delay and that delay is variable and not able to be calibrated with certainty there is every possibility that the Southern Arc has been calculated to the wrong radii.

I understand some of the signal delay from MH370 is actually imposed a by a temperature sensitive frequency oscillator in the AFC. had there been electrical overheating before take off then the average signal delay used to calibrate BTO rings could be vastly in error. Likewise once an aircraft was decompressed at 35,000ft the same oscillator would undergo prolonged cold soak issues and this too could distort the signal time delays.

The most promising lead, a debris field which included one item 24 metres by 13 metres and scores of debris up to 5m across, some which China noted bore the colours of MAS airline livery have been totally ignored because they do not fit the theories, however nobody seems to question if the theories are wrong?

Searches for these debris were called off when somebody realised late in March that a Boeing 777 would burn too much fuel flying low across Malaysia and out around the tip of Sumatra to reach so far south as the Debris field just mentioned.

Yet in alternative scenario where MH370 perhaps turned back from near Vietnam first as a precaution returning towards Malaysia at 35,000ft on autopilot, possibly MH370 was next struck by a flash cockpit fire, this would explain a prolonged flight at altitude by a hypoxic / unresponsive crew. It would also accomodate fuel consumption to reach the debris field.

Such a flight profile at 0.82M never descending below 35,000ft would also furnish the fuel consumption necessary to reach this debris field.

If flying back towards Kuala Lumpur on autopilot with an unresponsive crew, at some point the autopilot would reach co-ordinates previously selected whilst the crew were last conscious and then just continue to fly a magnetic heading. The agonic magnetic variation in such a flight would gradually alter the flight path east as MH370 flew south.

An extra transponder signal from MH370 detected at 17:50 UTC just 27nm north from IGARI which the website flightaware records seems to support this turnback from near Vietnam, not west from IGARI.

This cockpit fire scenario is plausible because decompression would extinguish any fire through oxygen starvation once the hull was breached.

Rather than doubt the claimed route around Sumatra however, investigators have chosen to doubt the debris field.

Please may I suggest the JACC consider shifting the seabed search to a location suggested by the drift pattern from the debris field rather than trying to prove theories which may be wrong?

Regards

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
By tracking the date stamps on three images for the same object (24m x 13m) I have been able to construct a drift pattern from 16 March to 25 March (French sat/Chinese sat/ TOMNOD)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   
On 21 March 2014 the US Navy dispatched a P-8 Poseidon search plane with an ABC reporter aboard from Perth.

Report of sightings

The reporter excitedly Tweeted they had found floating debris ( 20 March 2014 US time)

flic.kr...

edit on 23-12-2016 by sy.gunson because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2016 @ 10:28 PM
link   

edit on 23-12-2016 by sy.gunson because: (no reason given)

top topics

join