It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

A Stunning View Of Sunlit Seas On Titan

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 01:04 AM
a reply to: Phage
Why would you go to Paris for a bottle of wine? There's plenty of them in local stores, even if there from paris the company would likely trade worldwide as its more profit that way. In fact I cant think of a single reason to go to Paris but I am sure people would go for half the reason of a wine bottle, they even have that big lightning rod there. Whats it called, Eiffel tower or somesuch.

Besides you and I know that the whole collective of the human race and its most brilliant minds would have a whole host of trouble even going as far as mars and the asteroid belt much less Saturn and its moons. So ya your right the journey would not be worth it, especially since there is likely no oil on titan. Though the liquid hydrogen fuel ships if they were self sufficient would be able to at least fuel again and come back from such a trip and also carry a payload considering all the ingredients to make fuel for them would be on that moon. But that's a big if, especially considering that with current tech no humans would survive that trip.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 01:08 AM

edit on 11/5/2014 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:31 AM
I read an interesting assault on you just yesterday, Phage. Bunch of folks on another site making the claim that you are not one person, but actually four. Those people being Disinfo shills, of course...

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 01:39 PM
a reply to: charlyv

but essentially oceans full of fuel

I wonder if this is one reason to visit this place

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:23 PM

originally posted by: RockerDom
a reply to: rebelv

I believe that's because it's a composite image made from several pictures laid on top of one another.

Oh okay. I looked at the picture again, and its still a beautiful picture,
I didn't mean to be so negative, was just a little disappointed.

Rebel 5

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:39 PM

originally posted by: quercusrex
So how long before we can get tankers there to start syphoning off all that methane? Why bother with boring, dusty Mars when there's petro-chem glory to be had on Titan. Though I did get a chill bump moment when I saw the image earlier. It is quite a glorious view.

Well I'm Pretty Sure if we had that ability we would of got the Helium 3 on the Moon First , See what we Could Find On Mars , Life on Europa , And of Course Mine Titanium and other Rare Minerals on the Moon Io like " thinking of a SCFI Movie called "Outlander" ...

Humans are So Depraved .. from Space in the Last 42 years ... Should We be having Colonized Bases on Mars and orbiting around Jupiter's Moons by Now !... ??

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 10:50 AM
I cannot wait until we get a rover down there. would be amazing to see a picture of the shores.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 01:02 PM
a reply to: RockerDom

Amazing share OP

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 08:40 PM
a reply to: Phage
Um whatever you said its gone now.

But hey I can deduce what you said. In fact I remember you from some other thread, your the guy who was arguing with me on the constitution and elasticity of dolphin skin. I dont remember what it was about now, but I am quite sure you were wrong on that as well.

So no Phage guy, your little wine from Paris quip while you may think is off, its actually right on the mark. While there may be no benefit right off the bat on going to Titan, and while the technology does not exist or at least to make it more then a one way death trip. If it did you can bet that there would be a line of people miles long who would want to go even if the survival chances were minimal, even for the simplest reasons at all, in fact some would go just to get off this planet and are just itching for any excuse.

And how does this relate to your whole quippy whine from paris trip. Well as you know for me personally there is no reason to go to Paris at all, its pointless. But there are all kinds of people going to paris every year in fact yes so do go just to taste the wines from there and get drunk, in fact I have heard that females thing the place is romantic. Which off course it isn't, but the simple fact that people believe it makes it so, and in fact people have made trips to farther places for even less reasons.

So ya its a case of if you build it they will come. But personally I dont think I would not want to see humans in space, in fact over all I do believe that humanities reach has far exceeds its grasp, in fact maybe the whole thing needs to be set back a peg or two, or even back to the stone age. Well not that far, but considering that we have the technology to go to space and farther, but cant even have a stable society and thousands of other things, so much so that its like looking at a bunch of blind retards always running against the same brick wall...Well, ya to say that the reach far exceeds the grasp. Is an understatement.

And yes there will plenty of material on Titan to make trips back and forth. But then again, only one way to find out.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>