It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newcastle 'bomb alert': Tyneside estate cordoned off

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Slightly more info on this - "Terrorism ruled out"

Although they did recover a firearm, ammunition and homemade explosives, so it does beg the question how can "terrorism" be ruled out? Unless they mean of the Islamic variety, but then there are plenty of flavours of nutjob about all with their axe to grind and they still engage in "terrorism", it's not an exclusive Muslim pastime....

Organised crime, maybe? Strange...

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: stumason
a reply to: stargatetravels

I wasn't making the connection, let's just be clear.

But, being white doesn't mean one cannot be a Muslim.

Being a bomber doesn't mean one is a muslim either.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Oh jeez - so it wasn't those pesky Muslims, oh well it won't be long until the next story pops up and people can bash them.
Shame this one fell through though.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
I live in Newcastle. Quite near to the area involved. That particular area i'm sure is home to a lot of.... 'characters'. Basically it's a # hole but very close to the centre of town.
Here is our local newspaper which has obviously been covering it.
www.chroniclelive.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Im only a few miles down the road from Newcastle, Newcastle is like every city or town, it has it good and bad areas.

One thing that gets me though is, how can the police rule out terrorism? the guy was arrested 'on suspicion of making explosives with intent to endanger life.' '

How is that not terrorism???

BBC

Whatever his motives may be, and regardless of his affiliation to any warped ideal, or even if he is loner building an explosive device in his bedroom, its terrorism, it really is as simple as that. Thankfully someone had the sense to alert the police before he had a chance to cause any harm!

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I imagine it depends on the concept of terrorism.

You can not argue that firearms and bombs are terrorist related but if it does not bolster the fear of terrorist threat and actions taken overseas then it's not really terrorism is it?

A bit like that bomb found in Ireland last month that got almost no media coverage at all whilst "terrorist" suspects found with "information" about bombs was splattered all over the place.

a reply to: ukmicky1980

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Slightly more info on this - "Terrorism ruled out"

Although they did recover a firearm, ammunition and homemade explosives, so it does beg the question how can "terrorism" be ruled out? Unless they mean of the Islamic variety, but then there are plenty of flavours of nutjob about all with their axe to grind and they still engage in "terrorism", it's not an exclusive Muslim pastime....

Organised crime, maybe? Strange...

Your disappointment there's no Muslim connection is obvious and shameful.
As is your internet terrorism.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I am sure that stumason will agree that we do not always agree but how does him posting this show him to have the views that you profess?

Sorry if I missed something as I am only half in this thread.

a reply to: Pardon?

edit on 1120141114pAmerica/Chicago2014-11-04T15:26:14-06:0026f26 by nonspecific because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
They've ruled out terrorism.
Apparently there was a specific 'target' and they know who / what it was but aren't releasing details.
I've heard one or two rumours....but that's all they are, unsubstantiated rumours and I wouldn't give any weight to them at present.

Its reckoned the guy was a 'bit of a loner' - seems to me like it was a lone nutjob out to settle some sort of personal score.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

To be honest I'd doubt very much it'll be a Muslim, convert or otherwise.

More likely to be some disillusioned Toon Army supporter who is looking for an alternative target now that Pardew's men seem to have turned the corner.

Seriously, it's more than likely he's a local nutjob who may have even been targeting a local Mosque or something.

We'll know soon enough.

My thoughts exactly.

Don't want to be the one that tars everyone with the same brush etc. but that demographic....more likely some wannabe EDL hero.

ETA. Ok, I admit it. i may have jumped the gun. RAY1990 got there first and it seems that unless the "specific target" was racially motivated, not an EDL loon. (whatever happened to them anyway?)

edit on 4-11-2014 by idmonster because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Nah, that's the Express' job to do that, or blame it on the Weather....

They'll only blame it on the weather...if they can blame the weather on the gays..........

my mistake, that'll be UKIP

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
I am sure that stumason will agree that we do not always agree but how does him posting this show him to have the views that you profess?

Sorry if I missed something as I am only half in this thread.

Just look at his other threads as well as this.
Pretty obvious agenda.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Disspointment? What are you on?

Internet terrorism, what a load of old bollocks
edit on 5/11/14 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Go on then, show me my "other threads" that display this apparent hatred of Islam.

Obvious agenda? Which is?

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason

Some people are just idiots and like blowing up bins/making fireworks and things like that - I did it a couple of times when I was a kid, we were very lucky not to blow our hands off or worse doing it.

Though on the organised crime route, in Liverpool gangs are known to have used grenades to gain entry to a rivals stash house. Though the BBC are now reporting he was acting alone.

It's certainly an odd one.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I shudder to think the kind of trouble I would get in now for what seemed like teenage kicks back then.

We once took apart 4 airbomb repeater fireworks and made a big one out of them. Then(just for the grins) we taped it to the local grumpy old mans doors and legged it.

The local police man obviously caught us and it turned out we actually blew a hole in the guys door. We were given a serious telling off, our parents paid for a new door and we all got grounded for a week or so.

I can't imagine getting of that lightly these days.

a reply to: bastion

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

Oh yeah, me and my pals did the same. Came close on a couple of occasions to meeting Mr Reaper.

It does seem a bit extreme for someone with a grudge, home made explosives. Not totally unheard of though, a few years ago a soldier tried to kill his missus with a bomb in her car - I forget why though, some daft reason.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific

You'd be in jail, for certain, for at least conspiracy to harm if not worse!

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I think it would make national news as a suspected terroist attack.

I swear we were just kids and thought it would be fun.

It was not fun, as soon as it went off we knew we were doomed.

a reply to: stumason

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   

When I saw the thread title I was expecting the same but it's clearly not the case.

At no point in this thread did he ever suggest it involved Muslims/Islam (which is a rare thing to see these days as people jump to conclusions) also in the post you're quoting he clearly states that terrorism isn't a Muslim only thing.

I don't see any sense of disappointment, just an update to the thread and perhaps an allusion to how the media disproportionately report on Islamic terrorism (as we all know if the guy had been non-white or Muslim it'd be front page news on the Mail, Express and the like).

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join