It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newcastle 'bomb alert': Tyneside estate cordoned off

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: JHumm

Exactly - which is why I deliberately avoided speculation in my OP and reported on what I knew, namely someone has been arrested for being in possession of explosives and nothing else. I won't blame the media here, at least the BBC anyway, as they have simply stated the facts so far, but I wonder what the Mail says about it....

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

I find it odd that you agree with me about converts and then ask me why I feel the way I do.

I find your constant generalisation of Muslims as a whole as odd!

That we agree that it could be a convert may stem from completely different reasons.

I think it's a convert because they're the most likely to lack the true knowledge & understanding of Islam.

As a convert myself I have had the benefit of having Muslim friends & my partner who have taught me well.

On the other hand, some people are just extreme human beings, & are probably easily "recruited" to "Islam" via media bulls#.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Yeah, we got it off the internet back 1995 - we even sold recipes for fertilizer bombs and the sort for 50p each to raise money for the tuck shop! Such terrorists we were!

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

I wasn't derailing I was being rhetorical, I even got back on topic to prove I wasn't derailing.

I have no intention of shifting the narrative.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: stumason

.......but I wonder what the Mail says about it....

Probably nothing - it is quite a distance away from London and the Home Counties.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I shared the Daily Mails version on page 1.

Here you go pal, nothing too sensational just yet!

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Relatively tame, for them! I suppose they need something to go on before they declare the imminent collapse of Western society!

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

I shared the Daily Mails version on page 1.

Here you go pal, nothing too sensational just yet!

Probably because there's nothing sensational to report. Perhaps a disenfranchised youth with nothing better to do, because the Tories have turned their back on the North, leaving people with very little aspiration or ambition?

edit on 3/11/14 by Cobaltic1978 because: Grammar

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

To be honest I'd doubt very much it'll be a Muslim, convert or otherwise.

More likely to be some disillusioned Toon Army supporter who is looking for an alternative target now that Pardew's men seem to have turned the corner.

Seriously, it's more than likely he's a local nutjob who may have even been targeting a local Mosque or something.

We'll know soon enough.

edit on 3/11/14 by Freeborn because: grammar

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Give it a day they'll find a way to connect it to princess Diana.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Nah, that's the Express' job to do that, or blame it on the Weather....

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Could be so Cobaltic pal, it's a little bit different from the usual Daily Mail rhetoric.

But then again I doubt they'll blame the Tories either!

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Interesting you say this.

What's the Protestant-Catholic situation in Newcastle like, it's as close you'll get to Glasgow I wouldn't be surprised if this was "religiously" intended whether Christian or Islamic!

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Could be so Cobaltic pal, it's a little bit different from the usual Daily Mail rhetoric.

But then again I doubt they'll blame the Tories either!

You can be assured they won't blame the Tories 😉

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I wonder if this is linked to the story?

A 19-year-old Russian student who sparked a major scare after making explosives in his room has been jailed.
Vladimir Aust was arrested after a highly-explosive chemical was found in his room in June, prompting Newcastle University's campus to be evacuated.

If it's not Muslims it has to be Russians

Sentencing Aust, Mr Justice Coulson, said he knew the substance was dangerous and that he would have posed a further risk had he not been stopped.
But he also said there was no evidence of Aust having links to any dangerous political group, or evidence of him intending to attack any group.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   
No one was hurt . It is all good ,let the facts roll out as they may .

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Nutters are nothing new, a while back someone tried to blow up the local petrol station to get at some kids nearby for bullying him but apparently they lock off the supply tanks overnight so the fire he lit never had a chance to get to the fuel thank god as i dread how much of an explosion it would of caused

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:06 AM
link   

What's the Protestant-Catholic situation in Newcastle like,

Like the vast majority of the UK, there is no Protestant - Catholic situation in Newcastle.

it's as close you'll get to Glasgow.....

Its 150 miles from Newcastle to Glasgow....about the same distance from London to Cardiff.

I wouldn't be surprised if this was "religiously" intended whether Christian or Islamic!

To be honest mate, I'd be amazed if it was religiously motivated other than a random nutjob seeking to bomb a Mosque.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Congrats Stu with a level headed post (sorry to sound patronising, just majority of people jump to assumptions when these events occur)

Very true (know a few people who work there) unless it's in London area or involved a Muslim they won't report it to promote their racism- while in reality more white British and white Irish have been convicted under the terrorism act but it isn't seen as newsworthy.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
My gut feeling is it was probably some EDL nut job, plenty of them about around Tyne & Wear. Or it could be a troubled youth.

Too early to say. I'm glad he was caught out though and nobody was hurt, he'll get the help he needs quickly too due to the nature of this. Too many mentally unstable people in NE have a lack of support and it's unfortunately when something like this happens or worse when the authorities and support come out.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join