It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newcastle 'bomb alert': Tyneside estate cordoned off

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

About 50 residents of a Newcastle housing estate remain unable to return home after police found a number of "suspicious items".

Officers were called to Hamilton Crescent earlier following reports of concern for a man's welfare.

An address was searched and an 18-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of making explosives with intent to endanger life.

Newcastle 'bomb alert': Tyneside estate cordoned off

Not much in the way of details, but the Police have made an arrest which means they have found something of concern. A bomb squad from Catterick Garrison was called to the scene, but again no details of what (if anything) they found.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: stumason

Do you know what kind of area this is, is it a large muslim community?

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

I wasn't going to try and make any link without more info, to be honest....

But, looking at some demographic information, it is a poor area, lots of single parent households and a minority of Pakistani/Bangladeshi decent. Around 5% of occupants identify as Muslim...

Source
edit on 3/11/14 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Oh yes - lets blame the Muslims.
A quick search and I found this.

An 18-year-old white man has been arrested on suspicion of possession of explosives with intent to endanger life after a bomb scare in the west end of Newcastle

www.itv.com...

I suppose he could be a convert, right?

edit on 3-11-2014 by stargatetravels because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: stargatetravels

I wasn't making the connection, let's just be clear.

But, being white doesn't mean one cannot be a Muslim.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

You didn't initiate the 'claim' no but you just posted about the percentage of Pakistani & Bangladeshi population in the area?
Why not get the facts , not just you but the other poster, before jumping to conclusions.
They may turn out to be Christian, Jewish, Muslim or no religion.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: stargatetravels
Oh yes - lets blame the Muslims.
A quick search and I found this.

An 18-year-old white man has been arrested on suspicion of possession of explosives with intent to endanger life after a bomb scare in the west end of Newcastle

www.itv.com...

I suppose he could be a convert, right?

White teens can't be muslims?
To be honest I would be more worried about a recent convert, they seem to be more radical.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: stargatetravels

I just answered the guys question and even bolded the word minority - I guess you missed that as you were busy putting words in my mouth. As it happens, I got the "facts" (see link to street info I gave), so get off your high horse.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: stargatetravels

You didn't initiate the 'claim' no but you just posted about the percentage of Pakistani & Bangladeshi population in the area?
Why not get the facts , not just you but the other poster, before jumping to conclusions.
They may turn out to be Christian, Jewish, Muslim or no religion.

That's because I asked, should he just ignore questions?

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Do you know what kind of area this is, is it a large muslim community?

Its just an average, run of the mill area in Newcastle.

As far as I'm aware there's no specific problem with Muslim extremists in the area.

www.thenorthernecho.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Probably a convert!

They lack true Islamic understanding!
Edit: Even as a convert myself, I can see that.

Sane One, you're too quick to judge and generalise, may I ask what affected you in life to feel such a way about Muslims?
edit on 3-11-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: Stated!

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Glad they caught this guy before he was able to hurt others.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   

It's probably some bored teenager - when I was a lad, me and a mate got a hold of a copy of the Anarchists Cookbook and Jolly Roger, which includes among other things information on how to make explosives. Back then though, the world wasn't such a scared place, but we'd probably be in the same boat if that was today.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
Probably a convert!

They lack true Islamic understanding!

Sane One, you're too quick to judge and generalise, may I ask what affected you in life to feel such a way about Muslims?

9/11

I find it odd that you agree with me about converts and then ask me why I feel the way I do.

edit on 3-11-2014 by thesaneone because: Add

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   

That's what came to my mind first, probably a bored kid amusing himself. Why is it that when people hear explosives they think Muslims? That thought didn't even come to me. I guess that is the way the media wants people to think. ..pretty sad actually.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

How about those dancing Israelis eh!

Or Dick "The Christian" Cheney telling Norad to stand down!

You truly feel that 17 Saudis were that adept at flying passenger planes?
Fair enough!

Back on topic, the teen "intended to harm" others...

"He has been arrested on suspicion of being in possession of explosives with intent to endanger life.

"We don't know this man's motivation but we do believe he intended to harm people.

"We are in the early stages of establishing his lifestyle to gather a picture of what his motives may have been.

"We are currently searching the address and, as public safety is a priority, local people have been evacuated from their houses."

They'll probably find an underused copy of the Quran...

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

It's probably some bored teenager - when I was a lad, me and a mate got a hold of a copy of the Anarchists Cookbook and Jolly Roger, which includes among other things information on how to make explosives. Back then though, the world wasn't such a scared place, but we'd probably be in the same boat if that was today.

I remember the BBC teaching kids how to make mortar rockets using Pringles tubes, water, bicarbonate of soda and balloons, along with the lines "remember children, if your rocket doesn't shoot up into the air, don't go near for at least 10 minutes, otherwise you may be seriously injured".

Then there was the Brittas empire where Gordon Brittas accidentally mixes various industrial sized tanks of cleaning liquids.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Don't let your emotions derail this thread.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 06:48 PM
link   

The Anarchist Cookbook!
I think I still have a digital and hard copy knocking about somewhere.

Like most kids I experimented with banana skin scrapings etc - treat it all as a bit of a laugh and never understood what all the fuss was about, especially now considering what's freely available on the internet.

I think this may be something a bit more serious than just a teenager larking about.....guess we'll find out soon enough.

As has been said, at least he got caught before he do any damage or harm.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Them white folk who may have converted to Islam and living in a area in which 5% of the population are of Pakistan/Bangladeshi origin, sure like to liven things up in an otherwise run of the mill estate.

Of course, we should always look at the demographics, it's all the immigrants fault, UKIP says so.
edit on 3/11/14 by Cobaltic1978 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join