It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Public Apology to Flyers Fan

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Sorry... I really didn't know where to put this! It doesn't seem to fit an actual category!

Anyhoo... Just wanted to apologize, publicly. I didn't have faith in your ability to moderate and I was wrong. You are a wonderful moderator and doing one hell of a job!

I said a while back, that if I was wrong I would say so publicly, as well as apologize for what I said and take it back...I am doing that now.

... keep up the great work FF! And I'm sorry for being a "B". Please forgive me..
edit on 3-11-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Why did you think that Flyers Fan wouldn't be a good moderator? I was more worried about not seeing flyers fan in the threads anymore.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

I wont say why... I just hadn't thought she would do well, and I was wrong..

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: OpinionatedB

I think it's awesome that you choose to apologize in public.

It says a lot about character.

And your willingness to share your truth, brightened my day.

Thanks for the lift.

Cheers,

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Why did you think that Flyers Fan wouldn't be a good moderator? I was more worried about not seeing flyers fan in the threads anymore.

I agree.

I knew she would be a good moderator. She is one of the nicest people on ATS.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
In all honesty,I wondered what took them so long to offer her the opportunity. Imho she certainly has earned her place in the ranks.

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Awesome sauce here OB. Two big thumbs up for being able to admit you might have been wrong. That's a trait that's damn hard to come by these days.

ETA - That I thinks she's pretty awesome as well. And nobody paid me to say it.

edit on 11/3/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe
i thought i was the onlty person who said awesome sauce

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 06:01 PM
link   

FF is one of my favorite chicas on ATS.

I was paid to say that..But I still mean it :p

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe
Awesome sauce here OB. Two big thumbs up for being able to admit you might have been wrong. That's a trait that's damn hard to come by these days.

ETA - That I thinks she's pretty awesome as well. And nobody paid me to say it.

The ATS PTB have done a great job of selecting mods lately.
Just my opinion. I used to get dinged for the littlest slight, but now I know I earned the point deduction (whatever that is) because I tend to be succinct in explanations and may come off as a bit of an ass.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Awesomesauce is one word people... ONE word!

And, yes, FF is definitely earning her "great mod" hat!

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Hey... I can be like everyone else here and use words however I want.

Freedom of speech and junk.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   

lol... I believe that is called grammatical freedom!

edit on 3-11-2014 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

I think the first amendment encompasses that...

I think.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Well...

It's the decent thing to do, to admit ones errors before ones peers, but I have to wonder, what in the world made you think that FlyersFan would not make a good moderator?

As a member I always found FlyersFan to be reasonable, fair minded, and although we might not have agreed on every little thing, I always recognised that the member in question had their head on straight with regard to their manner of dealing with things.

I am baffled by the thought.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   

kudos to you for honoring your word

The past details surrounding your asertations are in my mind but vauge.

Your actions and sincerity, regarding your OP, in this moment stand out!

I like you

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Very big of you to apologize in public. Sometimes that is a hard pill to swallow.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Frequently we see people being so quick to call someone out just because they don't agree on a subject or an opinion and ATS is no stranger to that behavior. But I have to admit that we have some of the most honest and sincere people here and OB you are proof of that. It's not easy admitting that we're wrong and it takes a well grounded person to be able to do that. Much respect to you for doing so.

I have to admit though, never thought that FF would be anything but a great mod.

SnF

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I was pleasantly surprised when I discovered she'd been made a mod. Don't really agree with her on every subject, but she has always struck me as a rational person who is willing to see debates through to their conclusions without personal attacks.

Hats off to you for admitting your error and issuing an apology, at any rate. It takes a good person to be able to say "I'm sorry" when it would cost you nothing to simply keep silent. I'm sure FlyersFan appreciates your sincerity as well.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:32 AM
link   
OpinionatedB .... you apologized to me privately weeks and weeks ago and it was all good. No need for a public apology but thank you. I appreciate the sentiment. Don't give this thing another thought. Even the few times I disagree with your position on a topic, I know that you are an awesome poster.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join