It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To those who are religious.....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by quango

Originally posted by Ulvetann
And obviously he has forgotten this small corner of space,

If there is a God, then it's more likely that Man forgot Him, and not the other way around.

Which would be a great idea. That mankind finally started to think on their own, relying on their own. Realizing we aint gonna get any help to fix whatever we do wrong. We have to fix it ourselves. Stop waisting this planets resources on crap, we aren't going to get it back easily!

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 02:41 AM
link   

If there is a God, then it's more likely that Man forgot Him, and not the other way around.

Which would be a great idea. That mankind finally started to think on their own, relying on their own. Realizing we aint gonna get any help to fix whatever we do wrong. We have to fix it ourselves. Stop waisting this planets resources on crap, we aren't going to get it back easily!

God helps those who help themselves.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56

-Prove it!

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 03:32 AM
link   

-Prove it!

Um one word. Televangelist! God certainly helped them help themselves, and boy do they help themselves.
Benny Hinn
Joyce Meyer
Kenneth copeland
and the list goes on!

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 03:41 AM
link   
christianty is based around 3000 ad to 0 b.c
and dinersours are based like millions of years ago?
i do belive in god i mean in this earth there is'nt really much to belive in aprt from a relgon and and the name of this to[pic makes no sence to all religions out there yet you only speck of one religon

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   

"The Lord moves in mysterious ways".

"God helps those who help themselves"

Gotta love these "All purpose" excuses they made up though.

Wonder if the dudes that thought up Christianity all sat around a table making them up to cover every possible situation that could threaten thier new religion.

[edit on 11-12-2004 by Johnny Redburn]

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 02:47 PM
link   
The story of Genesis is not about the beginnings of man as history, but of the creation, which is yet to come. A problem you have is that the bible is full of symbology and spiritual things. Genesis describes 6 days of creation and one day of watching football, but we all reason that an infinite God does not require any time at all to make something. He should be eternal and time should not matter. The number 7 of creation is about the beginning to the end of our current state. It is of no surprise that in Revelation (the last book) God states he is the beginning and end. The creation story is a sort of story within a story. It does not conclusively give a beginning or ending, but makes wild claims taken literally that everything was made in 7 days. I really don't believe God sets his alarm clock and woke up daily working on the known Universe. With this theory that time to God is immeasureable, then evolution could be a fact along with some creation at some point previous. Don't take 7 days so literally. If you had no concept of time, you would assign a symbolic number to something and describe a creation in terms we could understand also. Time is very relative depending on how long you live. Evolution requires that species that exhibit bad traits tend to die out. This is not out of line with Genesis scripture which states that animals will be subserviant to man. If dinosaur came after man and subdued him, then this would be an obvious lie.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I posted this on another thread and well I'm still waiting for a reasonable, believable explanation....

If there is a godly entity that made us, why didn't it give us a more stable planet cause this one's kind feisty or does it just like to play bad creator or do shoddy work??

Or how about a Sun that will not blow up into a Red Giant, thereby wrecking it's handiwork and all us humans at the same time?? Yup sorry, going to happen and nothing we can do to stop it....

And what about all the crud floating around in our solar system, playing a proverbial game of Russian Roulette with the planet - what's up with that??

IMHO - the thing is a piss pour creator and should have it's license revoked by the Universal Creator Commission....

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   
LOL, the best thing I can tell you is that in reality we lived in perfection and we had to come to an imperfect world to learn anything.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnny Redburn
Wonder if the dudes that thought up Christianity all sat around a table making them up to cover every possible situation that could threaten thier new religion.

Oh you mean the 27 books of the New Testament written by lots of different people speaking about many of the same events from different perspectives and viewpoints? Were all the authors in on this �lie� in an attempt to mislead the people? Not a chance. The stories of the New Testament actually happened; Jesus was as real as you and I. Christians only follow Christ and his teachings.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Hurdy Gurdy

The stories of the New Testament actually happened; Jesus was as real as you and I.

And you can actually PROVE that statement and all of the "stories"?? Bring it on..!! You got DNA and a body - multiple proven eyewitnesses and no literary hubris along the way to suit the people who exploited those stories - or maybe it's just a belief of yours now - correct??

Most religions are about mob control, power and cash and Catholicism is the biggest offender in that regard....

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I am a christian and it is unproven that you have any physical evidence that Jesus existed. Why not have faith? Isn't that what it is about?

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Why would dinosaurs conflict with the existence of God? Why do we think that God just pointed His finger and everything was? Why not that God created the natural laws of things and set the motion in process. The Bible does say that humans were created last. So, why is it controdictary that evolution isn't just part of God's plan and His way of creating things in a natural world? Would it make His power any less to say that He created the Universal laws of the Universe and started the process in motion staying closely involved then if He had just created everything instantly?

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 07:43 PM
link   
And God's plan included - really crappy work??

Feisty planet with all sorts of nasty issues - quakes, storms, etc.

A sun that will go Red Giant and kill the planet. Yup, going to happen....

A solar system that's a Russian Roulette game with crap zinging around us and will likely hit us at some point.

The dude sucks IMO - get better work out of a day laborer in front of Home depot.... Maybe they yanked its permit which is why we don't hear anything from it these days....

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Hmm lets look at this. Storms cool the atmosphere, earthquakes relieve pressure from the Earth's crust so that it doesn't get majorly damaged, by the time our sun changes we will most likely have the technology to move to another world, we have the outer planets and other things that protect us from space junk, and well if you're ignorant enough to only see the negative aspects of things then you're going to live a very sad life. There are always bad things that happen, but in the context of all the incredibly bad things that haven't happened I think so far things were set up pretty well.

posted on Dec, 11 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by UofCinLA
And God's plan included - really crappy work??

Did anyone ever tell you life is not fair. Life has a host of duality in everything around you. It is good and bad. If God wanted us to be in eternal bliss, then we wouldn't be here doing whatever it is we are to achieve. I am hopeful that after the body dies, we are given a clue of what it is we learned from life on earth. If I don't get any answers after that, then I will kill myself - ooh wait I would already be dead?

The dude sucks IMO - get better work out of a day laborer in front of Home depot.... Maybe they yanked its permit which is why we don't hear anything from it these days....

Well, as a christian it does piss me off that God isn't really pro-active. I have always said I have a lot of hard pressed questions I wanna' ask him. I cannot guarantee that he will have the answers according to the precedence he has set while I have been here. I, and everyone else has the right to some answers.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I brought up this on the general area of a message board (non-conspiarcy site) and was flamed. I don't know if it was people lashing out at a possible threat to their beliefs or what. I did learn however, that the Bible does, in fact, mention dinos in the Book of Job. I am a Catholic, but only by birth (Dontcha hate that?). I don't find it so surprising, however. I mean, this was just one big experiment. Who's to say God can't have several different experiments? Just because we're here now and we're possibly smarter than the dinosaurs, doesn't make us greater than any creation of God's.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Hurdy Gurdy

The stories of the New Testament actually happened; Jesus was as real as you and I.

And you can actually PROVE that statement and all of the "stories"?? Bring it on..!! You got DNA and a body - multiple proven eyewitnesses and no literary hubris along the way to suit the people who exploited those stories - or maybe it's just a belief of yours now - correct??

Most religions are about mob control, power and cash and Catholicism is the biggest offender in that regard....

40 days after jesus`s reserection he was lifted into heaven so there wouldnt be a dead body and if there was dont u think every1 would go to it and pray like crazy? You honestly dont think they would just throw him in the woods do u?

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 04:00 AM
link   
My point basically - there is no way to prove much of anything from biblical times and a resurrection and ascension is a whole lot more dramatic than "we burned him and tossed his bones into a hole".

It would be more believable if we had some corroboration from other religions that did not sprout up in the mid-east - say asia or south america, etc. or did those folks just get left out of the game to rot??

Also, I don't think there's yet been any evidence found of a global biblical flood in the archaeological record - which should (but won't) cause people to re-examine their beliefs and question the validity of the whole series of stories....

Faith and beliefs are good, but I also recognize that organized religions have done their fair share to cause a whole host of problems and conflict along the way....

Maybe when the aliens show up they'll clue us in

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Faith and beliefs are good, but I also recognize that organized religions have done their fair share to cause a whole host of problems and conflict along the way....

Yes, but what are organized religions made of?

People.

People are the source of all problems and conflict.

Maybe when the aliens show up they'll clue us in

There's nothing to be clued in to.

Stop killing other people. Share. Feed the hungry. Help the disadvantaged. Create. Live. Love. Prosper.

We don't need aliens to tell us this.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join