It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To those who are religious.....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   
....For example Christian's.

I have a question for you, If God made you and this earth for you too as told in the bible. If he made you as his son's and daughters then why oh why did he make dinosaurs first and put them here?

Do you honestly think God made dinosaurs and if so doesn't that concern you? afterall you are supposed to be his divine creation yet he made a bunch of dumb animals first?! why?

And why was it never mentioned in the Bible atall, not a word about Dino's by any religion that I am aware of, woops! perhaps God made a mistake? in which case he is not perfect and he is not all knowing. Or he simply is not what you think he is whatsoever.

Is it not more logical that this planet has been used as genetic testing ground for millions of years by advanced races to test and monitor their ongoing creations? we being the current pinnacle of this?

If we evolved from Apes then why do apes still exist and why did God then make ape's first? -Personally I don't think we evolved from apes atall.

Is it not more likely that we, mankind, have been upgraded from time to time much like we update operating sytems on our computers? that we have been manufactured by a race more advanced than us?

Is this not the logical explanation?

[edit on 9-12-2004 by Indy_Vidual]

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Do you think God ages like man? I am not talking about ages as in time, more like a child growing in stages.

Dinosaurs maybe plaything with a purpose, oil. A gift for his future sons and daughters.

Maybe he became bored with the dinosaurs and moved on to more complex toys.

[edit on 9-12-2004 by Justanotherperson]

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Why would God make creatures for oil- a substance that is far from Godly and far from good.

If that were the case then I shudder to wonder what are bones are intended for!

....No don't buy the oil thing so its a very good point.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I'm certainly not Christian! LOL as you all know, ...but I do think there are "some" Christians that believe dinosaurs are mentioned in the bible....as to which came first..does that really matter? I doubt to a Christian it would...why would it? Makes no sense.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Why would it matter which came first?!

Thats obvious, the whole Christian faith is based upon man being God's divine creation, this earth being our home.

Therefore WHY did God make dinosaurs? for what purpose? there is no supporting evidence that oil came from dino's so why?

They were hardly the work of a divine,eternal, all knowing perfect being and they seemed to have no purpose but to become extinct.

If you were the all powerful God would you make Dinosaurs? I doubt you would. You would make intelligent beings with independant thought or something like that, beings with souls who feel and evolve.

It just doesn't make sense why the same God-as portayed in the Bible, who supposedly made us, made Dino's first, never explained why and allowed them to be utterly wiped out-his own creation?!

What does make sense is that God had nothing to do with either their creation or ours, directly atleast.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   
If was God, I would make humans so I can amuse myself by planting jokes in their daily life.

Look at that little ant, what a boob.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indy_Vidual

Umm..yeah that's what I said! "If" I were a Christian....it wouldn't matter to me.....why should it...regardless of what you say....divine...blaa, blaa, blaa.....the only thing that would matter...in the eyes of a Christian, from what I can see...would be the arriving of their Jesus, his death, and resurrection.....

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

Umm..yeah that's what I said! "If" I were a Christian....it wouldn't matter to me.....why should it...regardless of what you say....divine...blaa, blaa, blaa.....the only thing that would matter...in the eyes of a Christian, from what I can see...would be the arriving of their Jesus, his death, and resurrection.....

Well I was a Christian for about 20 years and it isn't quite that simple though I appreciate where your coming from.

posted on Dec, 9 2004 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Asking why God created dinosaurs is like asking why he invented mosquitoes, fleas, or ticks. These creatures seem utterly useless to
me but they're here. Nature always has a purpose for things.
Sometimes we don't always understand what that purpose is or was.
Maybe dinosaurs somehow or another helped prepare the earth's
environment for the arrival of man.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Then again, compared to the dinosaur, man is an infant. An infant in a rapid hurry to go extinct.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 12:52 AM
link   
if u read the bible u would know that he created man last and other creatures like birds and lizards first. So there u go.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 01:32 AM
link   

If we evolved from Apes then why do apes still exist and why did God then make ape's first? -Personally I don't think we evolved from apes atall.

We did not evolve from any of the Great Apes around today like chimps or anything. We share a common ancestor about 11-16 million years back but none of the great apes are our ancestors.

None of our ancestors in the ape family are still around.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Might be moot point but i thought oil was from fossil plant matter, not dino bones??? Maybe dinos were just too big so He scapped em!
Could be why they died out, huge plant eaters eating constantly as required, depleted plant matter way too quickly(faster than the climate al;lowed regeneration?) and perished. with less herbivors to feed on the carnivors also got scarce and died out. Just a theory mind you. Combine this with possible climate change, hence possible lack of adaption of plants to flourish. less plants, less herbivors, less herbivors, less carnivors = eventually no dinos???
Time for smaller creatures ~aka mammals.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by instar
Might be moot point but i thought oil was from fossil plant matter, not dino bones??? Maybe dinos were just too big so He scapped em!
Could be why they died out, huge plant eaters eating constantly as required, depleted plant matter way too quickly(faster than the climate al;lowed regeneration?) and perished. with less herbivors to feed on the carnivors also got scarce and died out. Just a theory mind you. Combine this with possible climate change, hence possible lack of adaption of plants to flourish. less plants, less herbivors, less herbivors, less carnivors = eventually no dinos???
Time for smaller creatures ~aka mammals.

Yeah i thought of that to. I think evolution is Gods way of erasing mistakes and makin corrections.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 01:58 AM
link   
First off the bible is a rehashed reedited super sanitized history book that has been tore apart and rebuilt so much that any truth possibly left in it is a fluke.
If you look at the dead sea scrolls sumerian texts etc. not only will you find the origins of what became the stories in your bible. It also explains much better how things actually happened as far as the human history part. As to why a God would make dinosaurs, if he exists, maybe he had a biology test and whipped em up!

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by astral_ice
First off the bible is a rehashed reedited super sanitized history book that has been tore apart and rebuilt so much that any truth possibly left in it is a fluke.
If you look at the dead sea scrolls sumerian texts etc. not only will you find the origins of what became the stories in your bible. It also explains much better how things actually happened as far as the human history part. As to why a God would make dinosaurs, if he exists, maybe he had a biology test and whipped em up!

Well most of the stories in the bible are probably not true but its the moral of the story thats the important part. You dont have to believe it just live by the lesson it teaches.

[edit on 10-12-2004 by Croat56]

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 02:02 AM
link   
I just love the standard quotation:
"The Lord moves in mysterious ways".

It is so simple and self-explaining, isn't it?

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ulvetann

Well its his universe he can do what he wants with it.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56

Well its his universe he can do what he wants with it.

And obviously he has forgotten this small corner of space, either being delirious, drunk or on some acidtrip. I think the 60's broke his spirit, man.
Gods biggest mistake, was making man believing in Gods/a God.

posted on Dec, 10 2004 @ 02:27 AM
link   

And obviously he has forgotten this small corner of space,

If there is a God, then it's more likely that Man forgot Him, and not the other way around.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join