It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just made a meatloaf so incredibly delicious I wanted to share the recipe with you guys

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   
What's up my friends. It's kinda a lazy cold day here on the east coast of the us today. All day at work I had that itch for something awesome and warm for after my workout, and I knew just what the perscription for that was. A nice huge friggin meatloaf.

Now I know this won't be for the vegetarian. But anyone who is looking for some good beef/pig/meat and veggies all packed in somethig more than likely heart stoping this is for you.

First you start with the gravy.
You will need to purée 3
Large onions of your choice of any kind and 10-15 cloves of garlic. I like red or pure white onions but they are all the same so don't worry about it.
You will next melt about a half stick of real butter in a big soup pot let it get nice and hot. Sautée the onion/garlic purée untill it turns brown, this could take a while since this will be a lot of gravy.
You'll need 12 cups of beef broth ready by the time you sauté those so you should start that while you're sautéing. Once the goods are browned add all your broth. Let that get nice and mixed.
Now you will need to make a rue. Melt some butter in the micro and add slowly flower untill it's thickened and not clumpy. You'll need a good amount of this. Slowly whisk this into your gravy mix untill it's your perfered gravy consistency, let simmer.

Now for the loaf. Since you started making so much gravy your gonna need a big meatloaf. I'm talking 3 pounds of meat. I was lucky enough to get a pound of veal a pound of angus beef and a pound of pork- a perfect combo I might say. But any beef with pork or just beef will come out awesome.

For this much meat this is what I used.
3/4 of a huge red bell pepper finely diced, I'm talkin fine as a mofo.
1 slightly big onion chopped as fine as the pepper as possible
1 pretty big carrot grated in the large portion of a cheese grater
A small can of tomato paste
About a table spoon of spicy mustard
About half a table spoon of A1 steak sauce-
If you don't have A1 don't substitute for any other and just skip, or add a little ketchup instead.
One packet of Lipton onion soup mix
3 eggs
About half cup of panko bread crumbs
2-3 large pieces of scaley (italian) bread chopped finely, soaked in water and squeezed out
You could put celery but I opted out for that today since I forgot it and usually skip it anyway unless I'm feeling really fat and want more veggies.
Anyway mix all this together at once! The smell may overwhelm you and you may want to dig into the raw meat like me, but don't , you haven't built up the tolerance yet, it takes years....
Now get either one or two deep sheet pans or a loaf pan, I use two since it seems to cut the cook time down some and it cooks far more even, but if you want one massive daddy loaf go for it, butter your said pan and make your loaf/s nothing fancy just like a block of puddy. Make it sorta twice as long as it is wide and about as high as wide.
Now what I do is in a bowl mix some ketchup one egg yolk mustard and a little black pepper, slather that on the loaf/s to make a nice flavor shield.

Now heat your oven to 350, in the pan you put the loaf/s in you're gonna want to ladle gravy up to about 1/3-1/2 of the height of the loaf, I go about 1/3 so to still get a crisp top. Let the rest of the gravy simmer.

Let this cook for around an hr at 350. for one loaf it may take a little longer, I use my thermo and look for a good 165-175 temp inside. That may be a little too high but usually that's where I'm at after an hr-hr twenty minutes. And it's goooooooood!

Once done add the gravy in the pans back into the origional gravy so all that flavor mixed good. let the gravy simmer and the loaf/s sit 10-15 mins....erve by itself in a huge plate of pleasure covered in the gravy, or add your favorite side dishes and feast the night away.
This is what I do on a Monday and about to go have seconds now it was so incredible. Thanks for reading guys and hope you try it one day!!

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   
That sounds great. It is quite a bit of work though. I like the gravy instead of the tomato sauce. I would need to scale it down though, that is a lot of meatloaf for the three of us.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: pryed -eyed-one

I have not found a recipe yet I cannot modify for vegetarians.
Beef broth is better than bullion veggie beef flavor... the ground animals is replaced with what we use so we make that or buy it first and walla!

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Char-Lee

I am not a fan of gravy but would try this,it sounds tasty.
My meatloaf and burger recipe calls to add cabbage but thats just me.

Also,its not walla...its voila,french for there it is.
From the word vois which means see or look or from voir which means to see or to look.
Voici means here it is and voila means there it is.
(sorry...I had to clarify)

Great recipe though even for a guy who is not a big fan of gravy...I would try this for sure.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

you are making me hungry. Why am i reading this. This does sound fantastic tho, Will try it

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Yummy ! Thank you for the recipe!

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Sounds great, I'm going to try it this weekend

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

First of all Drums...Cabbage!? Really? Cabbage!?

And second of all, that's just all sorts of wrong and would probably contribute to global warming, though I'm sure Canada could use some about now.

Bada-Bing! Bada Boom!

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Must be from Louisiana. That's about the only place they call it a rue and they do cook enough for Everyone there. This makes me hungry for meatloaf. I like cold meatloaf sandwiches the next day even better than meatloaf on the first day.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   
a reply to: AreUKiddingMe

Yep, Meatloaf is one of those dishes that get better after a few days in the fridge/freezer. Just like soup, Chili and some other sauces.

I think it's because it give the flavors time to infuse with each other.

top topics

join