It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taxation Must Go Global

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: aorAki

originally posted by: LewsTherinThelamon

My next door neighbor is very poor. I don't really feel like helping him out myself, so I'm coming over to your house and I am going to forcibly take your belongings to give to him.

You don't need to forcibly take them as I have already willingly offered them. If you don't feel like helping him out, that's fine, but remember that your taxes have already contributed to providing a hand up, so that we can work towards diminishing poverty and selfishness and aim for community and engagement.

Pretty sure my entire premise just went over your head. You are a noble pirate, but still a pirate. You are forcibly taking from your neighbors to give to the "less fortunate" because you feel entitled to other people's property.

You cannot force people into charity, doing so does not make you morally better than someone that you consider to be selfish. It makes the both of you morally bankrupt.

I could do more good in my community by giving a helping hand to my actual neighbors. Not feeling morally superior because I voted to force people into building my ideal civilization.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: LewsTherinThelamon

Is that a big cup of TEA your avy is dreaming about? lol. (couldn't help myself).

ugh

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting

Is that a big cup of TEA your avy is dreaming about? lol. (couldn't help myself).

ugh

Lol, yes, Chai tea and bytecode.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

nvm
edit on 11/4/2014 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:14 PM
link   

It didn't, but I should have used the disingenuous icon.

I agree that community involvement through choice, not force, is a much better way. As it is with 'compulsory' involvement, however, sometimes the community will decide on priorities that I disagree with, and sometimes on priorities that I support.

edit on 4-11-2014 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
" Taxation Must Go Global "

Yes of course taxation must be global.

How else can they control the failures of all the busted-out in-debt countries.

||::||

They're Broke

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Do you have a single shred of negotiating power over whether or not you join a business that taxes you? If not, then it may be an exaggeration to call it a choice that you made. Most people, especially men, do not consider whether or not to have a job as a choice.

Lets say I am starting a business. At what point do I agree to take money out of your paycheck and hand it over to the government for tax withholding? Unless you object to the concept of a business owner having all the same rights as everyone else, I imagine you expect that business owners should have all the same rights, like the right to remain silent, as any other business owner.
www.filetaxes.com...

Maybe business are putting in that term under duress, you think?

What penalties are associated with W-2 reporting?
If you fail to file a correct W-2 by the due date, and cannot show reasonable cause, you may be subject to a penalty. Penalties apply for:
Failing to file on time
Failing to include all required information
Failing to meet electronic filing requirements
Failing to file compliant paper forms
Or, failing to include correct information

The amount of the penalty is based on when the W-2 is filed:
$50 per Form W-2 if you file after August 2 or you do not file the required Forms W-2. The maximum penalty is $250,000 per year ($100,000 for small businesses).

Who contributes more to society on average: Street beggars, or people a job who pay no taxes and also donate nothing to charity? So, maybe it is a bigger burden on society to be a beggar than a greedy person who gives nothing to charity.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join