It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Intelligent Life Exsists In Our Galaxy Then........

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Direction is another issue.

If E.T. did exist in The Galaxy, it would be pure luck they came toward Earth, when there are so many other directions they could head for.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   

And others, by making a tiny, slight change to one variable, come up with thousands. At the end of the day, it's a pointless equation without actual data.

We may find that life is quite common - there may well be life within our own solar system - which would drastically alter any outcome for the equation if that were so.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Blame the governments for making E.T all top secret.

They are the ones who panicked in the 1950s when they lauched their first satellites into space.

They saw some disturbing things, Like hoards of UFOS. So what a military to do in the face of such an unfathomable enemy?
BUILD NUKES. LOTS AND LOTS OF NUKES.

But what about Johnny public? Jane and John Doe? What will we tell them?

TO duck and cover if we have to push the red button.

Very good sir, But what of the Aliens. Do we tell them about that?

OF COURSE NOT!!! The public would panic if they found out we were arming nukes to annihlate the surface of the planet should they invade. Were going to leave those parts out.

Well what do we tell them?

Get Stallin on the phone, STALLIN. Were going to need to fake a war.... (Russians and Americans Congrigate) Okay it's settled.

We're going to call this the Cold War, And if anyone see's anything strange in space we can blame it on the space program.

Some 60 years later, That plan is still in effect to this day, The Cold War may have died down. But the plan the Cold War was used for to cover it up is still very much in Effect.

And if the goverments unleashed all of their UFO files, It would become clearly evident of what their intentions were and still are. And that is why it is being suppressed.

Because the government does not want you to know that it would rather have you incinerated than be Abducted by aliens.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

The flaw in your argument, is rogue nations and nations who are anti-U.S. would have great pleasure in telling The World of the existence of E.T. ; purely to poke The U.S. in the eye.
You can hear them now " Hey World, The U.S. are lying to us all. E.T. is visiting Earth and The U.S. are covering it up.

However, not a peep from anyone.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

That's why "The Creator" put the planets so far apart, by the 'time' (space) You got to the next planet/star, everyBody You knew and knew You would be 'gone' so why go?? Why should "We" (humanity) learn/know more about 'space' than We do about the sea/oceans? What do We actually 'need' to survive, rather than 'want' to survive? What is "water" Alex, what are We? What is water again, Alex...

Stay hydrated My friends...

namaste

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: stumason
We may find that life is quite common - there may well be life within our own solar system - which would drastically alter any outcome for the equation if that were so.

I don't know. If we found alien bacteria in the oceans of Titan, it would open up a new range of speculation in one of the variables, but most of the others would stay the same. It would just mean that one of the variables in question isn't zero. But all the others could still be.

There's always a problem with this kind of speculation, and there's probably a way to express it mathematically, but I don't know how to do it. If we assume that life itself is common in the universe, and that life has a natural tendency to go from virus-machine-like to intelligent in a human way, there has to be a point at which interacting with these creatures is inevitable. Their existence becomes obvious, and we don't have to look far or hard, because there are so many of them. And actually, even if there was only ONE ambitious, intelligent alien species, even they would become obvious relatively fast as they spread through the universe. But that's not the case. We haven't heard a peep (yet) from anybody, even though we have one of the best ways to see/hear them, which is through the EM band.

So their lack of obviousness becomes a bit of evidence suggesting that not only is the universe not crawling with easily identifiable intelligent life, we could very well be the only game in town.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
If E.T. did exist in The Galaxy, it would be pure luck they came toward Earth, when there are so many other directions they could head for.

Here's something to consider as well... No matter which direction an alien went from their home planet, unless they headed dead straight for us, in an expanding universe they would always be going rapidly away from us. If they started on a less-than-straight line from their planet to ours, even going at the speed of light, because of the expansion of the universe they would be traveling on a parabolic course farther and farther away from us as time went on. And the farther they are from us when they start, the farther away from us they would go.

So they better have either pretty good aim or a LOT of power to make continuous course changes if they're going to hit our bullseye.

edit on 3-11-2014 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

They do tho. But it's not like people Believe everything they are told ( Which is a good thing )

As far as i know the US has been the slowest to make their UFO and Extra-terrestial documents public.

There are many *Rogue* countries out there that are saying exactly what you just said.

Iran says Aliens run America

Nukes and Aliens

Serbia and aliens

The rest of the *Rogue* states are all muslim states so not sure what to expect from nations experiencing turmoil right now.
The others on the list are Afganistan Iraq ect.

I guess i meant some third world nations as well lol anyways Iran is pretty entertaining with their claim.

this should be pretty entertaining.

edit on 3-11-2014 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Once they find a planet to study ect. They leave a becon.

Just like what we humans will be doing in the future when we start interstellar travel.

And not all E.T seemly arrive in a straight line.

Worm holes are possible where a tunnel will carry you and transport to your destination much quicker.
It's almost like Teleporting but not quite.

I'm not even entirely sure you can instantaniously appear from one galaxy to another but maybe that's just how fast these tunnels work? Donno. But it defenantly cuts travel time dramatically.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

You mention the EM radiation such a civilisation would emit, but remember we have only been doing that for 100 years or so ourselves out of our entire evolution and, in the future, may well cease to use it, so there is probably a finite window where a civilisation would use radio and also the distances involved mean that there could well be one out there that has been broadcasting, but we missed it or it's not yet reached us.

Not to mention that picking up such weak signals in the rather noisy cosmos is far from easy, even detecting our own radio waves here on earth can be problematic.

I'm just rather optimistic - 100 Billion stars + in our galaxy and it seems the majority have planets, so even if only 0.1% have life and 0.1% of that grows to intelligence, that is 100,000 potential star systems in our own galaxy alone that could be home to an intelligent ET.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Also to put into perspective, if your population is in the trillions and you sent out billions of individuals to scout star systems individually.

Along with dropping probs which multipuly the effort.

It wouldn't be as impossible to map galaxies as much as you think.

Our galaxy has billions of stars.

The reason why space exploration is so slow is because we only have a handful of operational units scouting portions of the sky up there. Most are orbiting around Earth. Not zooming around in interstellar space.

It's very possible Straglers could find our planet. And all it takes is a becon for the rest of the hoard to investigate.

Just my oppinion.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I visited the two working links and it seems to me to be tabloid level junk. Sorry I need a little more convincing...

Why would aliens bother to spend 70 years to "influence" world politics when they could take over easily? If they don't want to take over and want to experiment on us then they need to use a light touch to avoid fouling up their own experiment.

If there are multiple species of aliens flying around, why do they all act similarly?

I would guess that most abduction experiences will eventually be traced to sleep disorders.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Direction is another issue.

imho we are being to linear, why do you assume they have to choose only one or even 100 different directions?

What IF they have advanced so much in technology that they can explore out in every direction at once? at whatever speed they wish?

The first sailors who traversed the oceans thought it impossible and due to distance, that barriers were impossible to break or overcome.

Why do we still think in terms of light speed? ( 2 million years even at light speed to Andromeda as you pointed out) what happens if we can go ... Twice the speed of light , or 1000 times the speed of light , or the speed of light * speed of light.

We cannot think in current terms when applying situations to our future endeavors in the universe.. in time we shall accomplish everything, we are masters at adapting and using our environment, we might not see it for 100yrs or 10000 but if we managed to survive we would eventually get their. what we know is nothing even our solar system is just a spec of existence.

again this is just my opinion but if true current barriers mean nothing then advanced civilizations could be everywhere!
edit on 3/11/14 by Quantum_Squirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: sdubya

It's the media, And if this stuff was 100% and wide spread as well as accepted we wouldn't be discussing this right now.

As far as letting us know what's going on. To us this is all just entertainment.

Frustrating, But entertainment non the less.

I didn't say what that these people in other nations were telling the truth.
the question was if anyone pointed the finger at the U.S and the answer is Yes.

Your question as to what the E.T want and why they are doing this covertly is because an opened up nation would not require the use of deadly force, weapons of mass destruction.

The population would have to be buddy guy with humanity, otherwise if they tried invading now of all times the experiment would self destruct, literally.

The reason why there hasn't been an Invasion is because we have been moderately protected for some time by E.T.
There have been invasions in the passed.

My best guess why Earth has been attacked so many times by *Gods* flying around in chariots and on wheels ect.
edit on 3-11-2014 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Fair enough, but it would be nice to have actual info leaked. Wikileaks had how many docs sent by Snowden and others, but where are the ones that talk about aliens?

Where's the close up of alien technology in action? Where are the aliens themselves?

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Humans have only been on Earth for the past 2.5 million years.

HUH???

And you got this number where exactly?

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: sdubya

HA that is the question, Like i said i didn't say these guys were being honest. I was just mearly saying it was stated lol.

I can't find the documents anywhere.

But if you want to find out about the E.T i encountered you can check through my Threads.

Basically i saw a shapeshifter that is a non-physical being. In the definition that it was not a solid being of biology but rather a being made of condensed energy. They do travel around in solid saucers tho.

They are often seen as large pitch black canines or felines. But they have the ability to assume any animal form as well as non existant animal hybrid combinations. Such as the story of the warewolf, Half man half wolf which has been in folklore since the dawn of civilization.

If you wish to dig through the rabit hole, you will see that the shifters have been here for quite some time.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   

What's the name of the thread?

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: sdubya

What's the name of the thread?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Enjoy.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I agree with the OP's statement.
If there is life in our galaxy, it's definitely likely it's just dying out or just beginning.
For it to be in the same evolutionary phase would be highly unlikely.
I always joke that if we discover life elsewhere, we would be shocked at the fact they're just now discovering fire.

I do not believe that we are being visited by other beings from other planets. That just seems hard to believe.
Even if they did exist, why would they be interested in Earth/humanity who has only recently become a spacefaring race...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join