It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Intelligent Life Exsists In Our Galaxy Then........

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   
It may not or never be on our own timeline.

The age of Planet Earth is around 4.5 billion years.

Humans have only been on Earth for the past 2.5 million years. That is just a blink of an eye compared to the age of Earth. That's over 4 billion years without human intelligent life on Earth. And we cannot even leave our own Solar System at this time.

Likewise the same timeline could possibly exist on other Planets in The Milky Way. Some Planets are much older and some younger that Earth. Therefore if the same rules exist on life being formed on those Planets, then it leaves us to being " all out of sync".

Younger Planets may not evolve life for billions of years in the future. Older Planets may have had life billions of years in the past and has since died out.

Therefore i think for there to be life at the same time on even two Planets in The Milky Way ( i.e Earth and a an other ) is very slim. That's why i don't believe we are being visited from E.T.

You may or may not agree.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

I tend to agree with you.

I think life may eventually found to be ubiquitous but intelligent life may be incredibly more rare.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

I also don't think we are being visited but that doesn't mean they are not out there, a slim chance on a cosmic scale is actually quite large.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

I agree with almost everything youve explained. But I do think we arent being visited because they ARE here....and have BEEN here...and have ways we cant fathom in the hows and whys.

You said galaxy? There are millions of galaxies in just if not more billions of UNIVERSES. Given that....our galaxy is like a grain of sand. All the rest? Its the real thing...billions and billions of possibilities and lifeforms so advanced...we have no clue.

We are a piece of dust in evolution compared to the vastness of space.

Thanks!

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

I hear what you say.

However the nearest galaxy to our own ( Andromeda ) is over 2 million light years from The Milky Way.

Therefore i think that makes it even less likely that E.T. is coming from outside our own galaxy.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Carl sagan used to have a hard time thinking about a world without radio waves as a form of communication, even if the other life has been around millions of years before us. He thought about how not even one radio signal has reached our planet, leading him to believe that intelligence is extremely rare, or we are just only a handful of intelligent lifeforms in the universe.
Which is completely plausible. Just look at all the diversity and evolution that has happened on this planet alone, extinction after extinction, rise of new species after another, and we are the most intelligent to come from it all, and at the rate we are going there won't be anything close to our intelligence for a long time.

There is life out there, and who knows maybe there is a life form the size of ants that can create tools and have mathematics and understand science, but imagine them creating something for space travel? or advanced radio's that won't bounce off the planets atmosphere. The way I see it, we are quite rare for our size, and evolved to be both work horses and problem solvers, creating tools to do tasks that would seem impossible.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I think they're visiting us and using means that make UFOs look like tin trinkets.

The universe is old. Old enough for civilizations to have developed, flourished and died out. I believe intelligent life (ones that make us look puny) exist and observe us. Some of them really don't care because we're primitive.

When you possess atomic weapons children throwing sticks pose no threat.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Only if time follows a linear path. Or I imagine any intelligent life that did evolve could quite possibly invent time travel along with FTL travel and then proceed to whatever point in space and time took their fancy.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   
We do see E.T tho. Look at all the UFO reports, Mass UFO sightings.

I myself have seen a saucer and an alien. So i think that statement about them not being here is bunk.

I prefer to think that humans would rather deny their existance until the day they are landing on our roads and shooting tanks with lazers on live T.V.

Not going to happen.

P.S.

Giving numbers to the planet and the galaxy sure is easy.
But kinda impossible to give an age for the Universe.

The funny this is the universe is not expanding.
It's only because of the distance of the objects moving relative to our position that makes it seems like galaxies are moving away from us. Well in reality. Everything is moving... And well we move the distance at which we view from space is amplified by panaramic view.

As we move objects will appear to be moving at increasing speed away from us as light warps around our galaxy and planet.
Think of it like star wars, When they go light speed all the stars move away and behind the ship. They don't fly directly into patches of stars.

It's the same concept for our galaxy travelling in space. Besides, How can we even record expansion if we are located on an arm of a galaxy. Well everything is being dragged along with it.

Sure as hell would look like objects are moving away from us when our galaxy is completing it's rotation.

Has anyone even considered the possibilty that a planet making one revolution around a galaxy would be considered a type of year of itself.

We don't know how long it takes for the Sol ( Our star) to Orbit around the galaxy anyways. So tracking all this movement and adding it to a computer calculation would seem like the universe is indeed throwing all mass into greater emptyness.

Right now we should beable to see galaxies and parts of Deep space we couldn't see before, because of to many stars from the Milkyway blocking our view.

If you want to believe the universe ever had a begining, and we are placed directly in the ages of that begining as the first sentient life-forms.

But had that actually been the case i would totally agree with what you said about life having different time periods on planets.
But since i believe the Universe is Eternal. There is 100% probability of a species who has gained inter-galatic travel will find us. Expecially if their species is trillions... quatrillions... googleplex years old ect.

The only requirement is surviving and remaining a nomatic colonist community.
Which is what we humans will have to do once Earth's purpose has been completed.
edit on 3-11-2014 by AnuTyr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

Of course they exist. As for UFOs we'd be shocked at what our own species possesses and what's used in and around our own world by our own people. Visiting, observing and using crafts. But many are so advanced vehicles are just unnecessary.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnuTyr
humans would rather deny their existance until the day they are landing on our roads and shooting tanks with lazers on live T.V.

Not going to happen.

Damn

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Scientists think, some of them anyway, there could be as many as 3,000 other civilizations that live in the Milky Way. Personally I think that is a low estimate. I believe they have been visiting us for some time and some continue to do so. I also think some are from the Milky Way and some are not. Some are probably wildly more advanced than we are technologically, and some are probably just more advanced, and then there are probably many less advanced than we are.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
a reply to: AnuTyr

Of course they exist.

That is a HUGE statement to make.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: data5091

Star Trek summed it up perfectly for me. Some are advanced, some are on the same level, others are still rubbing two sticks together.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme
absolutely!

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
ET better show up

I bought the perfect silver sparkly jumpsuit for the occasion.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

There can't be that many people hallucinating and reporting the same things lol.

I've never seen an alien or a UFO but I've seen a ghost and shadow people. Up until then I thought they existed but was unsure in a way. Seeing is believing.

We haven't figured out many mysteries about our own world and parts are still unexplored. Parts still baffle us. I can't believe this gigantic expanse of space was created solely for us.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Whilst I agree - and I think this is part of the Drake equation or at least factored in to estimates of life - what's to say the Earth has not evolved intelligent life before? The dinosaurs had total dominance of the planet for over 150 million years and some of them, specifically the Therapods, were estimated to be very intelligent...

Not to mention there are other lifeforms on this planet which are not too far behind humans in intelligence, they have just not evolved in the right environment or the right appendages to lead to "civilisation", as it were.

Just throwing it out there...

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: stumason

Who's to say we're the first advanced human civilization on this planet?

I agree, we assume so much but forget we're looking at the universe through human eyes. Pondering it using the limited functions of the human mind. We see a fraction of the universe through telescopes and despite our advancements we're only perceiving an infinitesimally small part of it.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
When I realistically (in my opinion) run the Drake Equation -- recognizing that there may be many, many more variables to it that we are not even aware of yet -- it pretty much always comes up zero.

It's not that we're so great. It's just that we are an incredible fluke. And two similarly flukey alien species happening to find each other in a universe so incredibly huge seems practically impossible, regardless how long time and motion exist.

Sometimes things only happen once.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join