It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OBE Experience Meeting Aliens

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Regardless of whether or not it was OOBE or a hallucination it's still a fascinating experience. I can recall one time where I had a weird experience. I can't explain it but I was having a dream within a dream and it felt like an OOBE in my dream. If that makes sense, lol.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

Thank you, I really appreciated it.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: HawkeyeNation

Oh yeah, such experiences are fascinating because they shed light on how our minds do work.

I remember that time when I "slipped" on the other side of reality for almost a month.

Fun times. I could hear and see stuff, bend reality to my will. Really cool stuff.

And no I'm not being sarcastic. Just I had a lot of time to integrate it and to understand the difference between what my mind sees, and what exists outside of it.

These experiences ARE interesting but never make the mistake of taking them for something independent of your own psyche, because they aren't.
edit on 5-11-2014 by JUhrman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I'd like to thank everyone for your encouraging words, and I'd also like to thank those ATS members who shared their own experiences.

I am very sorry, but I don't have anything more to add, I don't have any more details to share.

Please feel free to share your own OBE experiences.
I would be glad to read them.

edit on 5/11/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: spelling

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Hawkeye good to see you tell your experience here, for the people who dont believe in this things let it be, they are free to believe or not thats their choice.
I have my own experiences of visitations (OBE has far i know), i have seen ufos far in the sky and close by (a few hundred meters from myself) physically.

In my experience with this phenomena there are two types of "abductions" , the physicall and the OBE, most of the times its the OBE one because it easier for them and for us, the physicall is more "rare" meaning that its 4 or 5 times in a human lifetime span.

How can you know if it was and OBE or or a physicall one? easy, in the presence of being call it ET, alien or whatever if you are damm afraid, pissing your pants, pooping and frightned to the death and you cant move at the same time then thats a physicall one!. People believe that when you meet an alien is going to be something like E.T. the extraterrestrial movie or Close encounter of the third kind movie, of course this not the case, we piss, poop, try to scream and frightened to the death because we have in our genetics a code, an instruction that kicks in when we are in the physicall presence with an ET, they dont need to use high tech stuff on us to paralyze us , this is a "feature" us humans have in our DNA code if you are smart enough you can conclude who put that instruction on us. When this happens they can minimize this effects on the human but not entirely. If the human is not ready for this type of "abduction" they will erase your memory complety or put another memory like a nightmare so you think that happen, why? because they can measure if you are ready or not to deal with it, this type of thing can affect the human deeply and will interrupt your normal life here on earth and affect your daily basics stuff.

So for the people who wants a physicall contact with an aliens or see a ship close by, are you sure you are ready to deal with this??? are you???

The OBE one is easier, there is no pissing and pooping and is more free, you can ask questions, get answers, they can take you for a good ride, and in the way explain you a few things on how the universe works, they choose this form because the person is custom or ready to deal with it in some part.

Maybe i could explain more if people wants to hear it.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: AlexDJ

Thank you for the explanation. And, yes, it does make sense.
I for one would be very interested to read more from you, whenever you have free time please feel free to share more.

Thank you

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: compressedFusion

a reply to: AgentShillington

I tried to choose my words carefully. I regret the hasty edit with the last quote because I wasn’t able to convey my point correctly regarding analysis. I believe that we should analyze the phenomenon of OBEs. It would be nice to see more study done on this topic in controlled conditions.

My comment about over-analyzing referred to reasoning of the OBE content (not the phenomenon). I mistakenly got the impression from your original request that you were not familiar with the subject of OBEs. I noticed that your analysis made several assumptions about the mechanics of an OBE and waking recall. I attempted to highlight this with my last quote.

it is our responsibility as a people to verify the validity of statements like the ones made by the OP. What do you think investigation is if not calculated judgements based on empirical research?

Should we as a people that investigate claims of paranormal activity simply take every persons story and experience as valid evidence of said activity?

I don’t have a good response for you. I wholeheartedly agree with your desire to investigate and pick things apart. I love doing this much to the consternation of my friends and family. I have been forced to find a balance.

I am confused about one point though. What scrutiny can a singular personal internal experience stand up to? Certainly there are clever experiments that can be devised, but this would be under controlled conditions and adjusted iteratively by data. I don’t think there is an equivalent set of clever questions that can ferret out data from the OP. Am I missing something?

As of this writing there is zero empirical data that supports Astral Projection and OBE. There are hundreds of thousands of pages of writing on the subject, and at best, it is filled with anecdotal evidence, but nothing has ever been able to be confirmed.

Let that sink in for a moment. Hundreds of thousands of pages of stories about Astral Projection and OBEs without any type of scientific verification.

I'm not simply burying my head in the sand here. I would -love- to be wrong. I would -love- for Astral Projection to exist. However, with all of the scientific study that has been done, and the increasingly large mountain of evidence against it's existence, it is hard to imagine that anyone within the realms of scientific inquiry are going to spend much in the way of grant money on what amounts to chasing unicorns, when that research money could be going to more worthwhile pursuits, like ALS research as an example.

That's one reason James Randi has his prize for anyone that can prove this kind of stuff is real. It puts the burden of proof on the experiencer, and frees up people doing scientific research from having to put money into first, finding someone with this ability, and then studying it. If someone can prove they have the ability, EVERYONE would want to study it.

Before one even begins to investigate a claim, one should investigate a claimant. I simply asked a few thought provoking questions, and got a heated reply coupled with evolving details. That alone was indicative of a story that was less than outwardly useful for anything other than entertainment.

Do I believe the OP had an OBE? Nope.
Do I believe the OP thinks she had one? Yes.
Do I believe there is scientific value in this story? No.
Do I believe there is entertainment value in this story? No.
Do I believe there is therapeutic value in this story? Yes.

That's really all I have to say about it. Points for the Ben Franklin quote in your sig.
edit on 5-11-2014 by AgentShillington because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Very interesting story. I believe we humans are very spiritual beings but over time we have lost that part of ourselves. It isn't mainstream. Mainstream is twerking and Paris hiltons boobs and some crazy radical groups mentioned over and over on the news, and oh don't forget Ebola, the year before that was some other flu that would kill and one year before that was another.

I believe we can achieve GREAT things by believing and feeling, opening up our "third eye" so to speak, but there is too much noise out there in the world.

Anyway, I'm very curious about OBE and AP, can someone tell me how to easily practice this? is it something that takes months/years to get a hang of? I'm not even sure i've had any AP/OBE in my 30 years but who knows, I'm curious to know more.

Regarding ET's I believe in them. One of my craziest sightings that actually was kind of frightening and had my girl cousin scared was 2-3 years ago and I made a post about it here on ATS but had NO response lol, oh well.
I believe a way of contacting them is spiritual, as I'm sure they are spiritual beings.

Thanks for sharing your story, very interesting least to say.

kix

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I had one OOBE, 10 years ago It scared the crap outa me...

I know it was because I floated to another floor on the same building and saw what was going on there, then I realized that got frightened and came back to my body, later I asked to guys upstairs if they had the conversation I saw and heard and they were pissed because they thought I was spying on them.... Creepy.

Thanks for sharing your experience

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I think you and I have different definitions of an OBE. I believe the "out of body" label is a misnomer.

it is hard to imagine that anyone within the realms of scientific inquiry are going to spend much in the way of grant money on what amounts to chasing unicorns,when that research money could be going to more worthwhile pursuits, like ALS research as an example

I disagree about chasing dreams. It is not about chasing fantasy it is about exploring. It is about exploring the limits of our knowledge.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Honestly, experiences are subjective, and the level of realism or authenticity that is felt may not have any bearing on whether the experience occurred in the mind or in our physical world, or even in a parallel dimension or something similar to that. Even those who constantly have lucid dreams or out of body experiences can only judge realism based on their experiences, yet they have no way to truly know whether these experiences are occurring independently of the mind. My point is simply that any event which happens while sleeping might very well be occurring within the mind, regardless of how real or authentic the experience seems to the observer. So basically the realism one feels can be misleading.

With all that said however, there is definitely no way one can say that experiences like yours are only occurring within the mind, because the uncertainty works both ways, as there is no proof. Of course one could argue that fewer assumptions are made with the conclusion that everything is happening in some type of dream state, or that scientifically speaking this explanation just makes more sense...but seeing as how the scientific community has not progressed beyond studying the physical world and the reproducible experiences associated with it, it is very plausible that there is much more to be learned where the non-physical is concerned. We haven't disproven it is what I mean, precisely because we have not or cannot study it at the moment. I imagine that such things can be scientifically studied, perhaps utilizing advanced concepts in physics that we have yet to discover, or even those we have discovered but have yet to understand, and that we will reach a point sometime in the future where certain "out there" ideas are vindicated.

One thing that strikes me as odd has to do with the aliens you describe. I do not entirely understand how such a race or races of beings could claim they are simply observing, while they are in direct communication with, and exerting certain influence over, humans here on earth. When one is observing they do not interfere in any way in my opinion, because it could skew the results. Perhaps there is a larger picture that I do not grasp, and which could make such encounters acceptable or even necessary, but the reasoning behind such a move escapes me. And this is not even considering the thousands of abduction reports. The beings you describe seem to be of the same type many supposed abductees encounter, and from the little I've heard of such encounters there seems to often be an overwhelmingly negative aspect to such experiences. This has always suggested to me, if aliens are real and are visiting earth, that they may not be benevolent. Actually, the very fact that they would expose humans to some of these things seems almost cruel. I am straying from your original topic a bit, and I apologize, but I find it difficult to discuss a very narrow portion of a topic sometimes, because often the broader aspects of that topic seem important to the discussion.

I do not want you to think that I am dismissing your experience as a hoax, a dream, a hallucination, etc. Something obviously occurred. Even trying to debate whether your experience occurred within your mind might be misleading, precisely because such a thing could occur in the mind and yet still involve some type of alien beings. Perhaps there is a non-physical dimension, or even a different type of physical dimension, that one can only access through the mind, and perhaps this interface allows contact between humans and a variety of alien species...or even non-physical beings. It certainly would explain a variety of strange encounters, from alien encounters to paranormal activity. So essentially the brain acts as an interface between various realities. We already know that the brain acts in a similar capacity where varying levels of consciousness are concerned, and one would be hard-pressed to support the position that there is nothing amazing about our subconscious. We barely understand this aspect of our being, and in my opinion it is almost a miraculous manifestation from our minds. We already know some of the insane capabilities of our subconscious mind, and seeing as how we cannot directly study it, I imagine that there is so much there that we would be amazed. So perhaps this portion of the brain is what allows experiences like yours. Yet even though it occurs within the brain, it is not necessarily a manifestation of your brain, or to put it another way it was an experience that occurred within the brain with entities that exist outside of your brain. If that makes sense, lol. Anyway, thanks for sharing, and I know how tough it can be when you know that certain people are going to make fun of you in one way or another, or worse. So while science struggles with the possibility of aliens visiting earth because there are no propulsion systems that would allow a species to travel interstellar distances quickly, the answer might simply lie beyond the physical.
edit on 11/5/14 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Good for you for having the courage to share this. There are some experiences I woldnt post here, not just because of the out there nature of the experience but also because there will always be someone to cast doubt.

I'm only the second page in so, interesting to see how this develops

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Voyaging
Thanks for sharing!

Had a similar experience in troubled time, sorry naysayers no drugs/mental illness just bad karma.

The only thing I remember about this love is that it's unconditional, timeless, off the chart like a zillion orgasms without being sexual, and vibrating with every atomic part of you. It's like opening your eyes for the first time. For an instant I 'melted with it', words do limit me here, and I couldn't even imagine the bliss. Since then I still don't want to suffer but hell I don't fear leaving my body and coming home
The other thing I sensed was that we're all linked to the source of that living love, like tiny drops of the same eternal lake.
edit on 2014 11 5 by LoveSolMoonDeath because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rainbowresidue
a reply to: Vageryn

I'm sorry, but I'd be lying if I told you I remember any more details about the dark skinned or the lighter skinned aliens I saw in the OBE.

The only things I clearly remember were:
How tall they were
And the difference in the 2 pairs skin.
That's cool. Thank you for the reply.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 02:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: kix
I had one OOBE, 10 years ago It scared the crap outa me...

I know it was because I floated to another floor on the same building and saw what was going on there, then I realized that got frightened and came back to my body, later I asked to guys upstairs if they had the conversation I saw and heard and they were pissed because they thought I was spying on them.... Creepy.

Thanks for sharing your experience

You see, that's an OOBE.

The OP saw nuclear explosions, so it wasn't an OOBE. Definitions are important because in the case of OP, what really happened was a "mental journey", and that can be a LOT of things BUT an OOBE.

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 02:08 AM
link   

However, with all of the scientific study that has been done, and the increasingly large mountain of evidence against it's existence

That is odd. I have a pretty large citation database and from what I have read (LaBerge, Voss, Holzmann, Hobson, Tressoldi, Kahan, Tart, Monroe, etc.) the evidence is still very much inconclusive about what's happening when people experience OBEs.

What journals and papers are you referencing?

it is hard to imagine that anyone within the realms of scientific inquiry are going to spend much in the way of grant money on what amounts to chasing unicorns, when that research money could be going to more worthwhile pursuits, like ALS research as an example.

Most people can barely write a two page term paper in an single evening let alone imagine and describe in perfect detail their surroundings. So I don't know about you, but studying how the brain is able to recreate a full simulacrum of waking reality and insert events that surprise the person who is dreaming it up while they are fully conscious in the dream is a pretty amazing feat. Obviously whatever it is that's going on, whether an actual out of body experience or simply the mind creating an unfathomable replica, is highly interesting to people who have even a modicum of curiosity.

Thankfully, science is done by people who have curiosity not by people who don't.
edit on 2014-11-6 by Xtraeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 02:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: JUhrman
The OP saw nuclear explosions, so it wasn't an OOBE.

Similar to how a person can go from a dream to a lucid dream. I think what what the original poster was trying to say was that he had an OBE/LD and then inside of the OBE he was shown a vision.

Then they showed me what could happen if WWIII ever broke out, and I saw the nuclear explosion from space. It scared me so much I zapped right back into my body.

He's not saying the nukes were part of the out of body experience. It was part of the vision. It was a meta-feature of the OBE. There is no reason to misrepresent what the original poster is saying.
edit on 2014-11-6 by Xtraeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Rainbowresidue

Many, most involving being on an operating table, or being ushered around by them. Also, when in paralysis, sometimes their procedures awaken me, and they appear to be tampering with my spiritual vessel. I don't know what to make of their intentions, or their purposes.

From my experiences, they are doing far more than just "observing"...

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Remember that there are many different races with different agendas.

Yes there are those who "mess around" with some people and there are those only observing and wanting to teach us.

a reply to: SystemResistor

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 03:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtraeme
I think what what the original poster was trying to say was that he had an OBE/LD and then inside of the OBE he was shown a vision.

I don't doubt that's what the OP believed. I don't doubt that's what the OP experienced. I doubt it's what happened.

Like I said previously I suffered from hallucinations for a very long time, and have extensive experience in meditation, lucid dreaming etc. I know what I talk about.

While it is possible to tell a dream from reality (and even then, many people mistake dreams for memories) It is IMPOSSIBLE to distinguish an hallucination (sleep paralysis/psychosis) from reality.

You can't understand this if you never had one yourself. An hallucination is NOTHING like a dream. An hallucination is a condition where you are fully conscious but your mental censors are down, and can't prevent your thoughts and your perceptions from mixing. You think about something, you literally see it. And it doesn't feel "out of this world" even if improbable, because it's actually originating from you, so you already accepted it.

Meditation, hypnagogic states, sleep paralysis, they all can generate that states of consciousness.

What you are "being shown" during these episodes is not external to you. It's coming FROM you. It's your desires, your fears, your thoughts, your subconscious.

You will almost never hear of such "OOBE"/lucid dreams where people learn something they couldn't know/believe before.

If they do, then it's a legit case of OOBE. Otherwise it's nothing more than a dream and should be treated as such if they have half a critical mind and don't want to become deluded over a fantasy of their mind.

originally posted by: Rainbowresidue
That was the only OBE I ever had with them.

I've had various visions, and my family has generations of seers, but this still shocked me to my core.

My point is that OP himself seems to mix OOBE/visions as one common reality, which it's not supposed to be. It shows that such an experience was actually very blurry and hard to make sense of. I don't think it's a good idea to jump to conclusions and call a vision an OOBE.

I'm all for analyzing this experience critically, but to mix in the same post seers/visions/OOBE/aliens/prophecies isn't being critical
edit on 6-11-2014 by JUhrman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join