It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

OBE Experience Meeting Aliens

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 11:18 AM

originally posted by: Rainbowresidue
a reply to: spazze

Thank you Spazze,
I've been warned of that before.

You are right.

I'm actually feeling so sorry right now, that I made this thread. It was a big mistake.
I should have kept the experience to myself.

Please don't fall for the hate & proof brigade's fluff - I have had similar experiences, too - but it is like trying to share a mathematical proof with someone who can't count. Thank you for sharing.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 01:19 PM

And they even told me how they had the technology to remain unseen to us.

Yes they do and all other planets around with life are cloaked from our sight just like our planet is cloaked from un-evolved civilizations like ours.

This is the main reason why we still haven't found any other planets with life.

Thank you for sharing your experience which further accentuates the probability of my theory.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 01:21 PM

I'm actually feeling so sorry right now, that I made this thread. It was a big mistake.
I should have kept the experience to myself.

Oh no no no!
Don't let the bastards grind you down, thank you for sharing your experience.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 01:24 PM
a reply to: theMediator

I second this!

Thank you, Rainbowresidue for sharing your experience with us.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 01:43 PM

originally posted by: longy9999
That's what I'm trying to understand, if your having an obe then that would mean your in reality, just not in your physical body?

That is the theory!

Lots of people have tried to prove out of body experiences are a physical phenomena by locating and identifying something in the environment that they couldn't have known about beforehand. As far as I am aware, there are no 100% repeatable controlled lab experiments.

Though there have been studies where the test subject was able to identify something they shouldn't have been able to. Robert Monroe and Charles Tart are probably the first pioneers to work alongside a major university to seriously test the out-of-body hypothesis.

I won't spoil the ending. The rest of the story can be read here.

So you can go anywhere and do anything?

Depends on your proficiency.
I am still rather n00bish. Sometimes I can walk through doors. Other times I run forward to pass through a wall, only to find out the wall is as solid as it is in real life. After I pick myself up I spend the remainder of the time fumbling about trying to turn the door knob.

Honestly, I get so blown away any of this is even remotely possible, that even a simple leaf will completely capture my attention.
edit on 2014-11-4 by Xtraeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 02:14 PM
a reply to: Rainbowresidue

I commend you for the courage to tell your story. A little sad I cannot add a tale of my own.

But yay for Canadians.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:56 PM
a reply to: Xtraeme

Thanks for the info, its interesting stuff. I'm going to have a good look around the net and research this all a little more, this thread has peaked my curiosity.

I seem to remember seeing a tv program years ago where they tried to get subjects to have an obe and describe what items were hidden on top of a wardrobe that was in the room. I can't remember the results of the test but I'll check youtube and see if I can find it.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:28 PM
I'm one of the people with the LONG way keep posting,data is data. Asking for a confirmation of any psychic activivity is really not possible unless in person any way.
Don't read ME by the way you won't like it.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:45 PM
a reply to: Xtraeme

… sometimes lucid dreams and OBEs blend together. The continuum isn't always as nice and orderly as we'd like it to be

I agree. I wanted to include this point in my original description but I had trouble keeping my description short. Thank you for helping clarify this point.

a reply to: longy9999

I'm confused about the difference between your description of a lucid dream and an obe, I'm assuming obe means 'out of body experience’?

Have you ever had a false awakening? In a false awakening you believe you have woken up and you interact with your surroundings just like you would if you were awake. Your nervous system might receive the same type of stimulus as well (taste, touch, etc). However, your mind isn’t aware that your body is asleep. This has the physical aspect of an OBE but lacks the awareness.

A lucid dream on the other hand lacks many of the physical aspects of a false awakening but you have the awareness of your waking conscious mind.

A rough approximation for an OBE is a combination of a false awakening (physical) and lucid dream (awareness).

As Xtraeme mentioned this isn’t a perfect description. It is just a guidepost for some high level concepts. For instance in an OBE you can move by walking, gliding, flying, or simply “teleporting”. This has elements of what I described as a lucid dream.

a reply to: AgentShillington

I tried to choose my words carefully. I regret the hasty edit with the last quote because I wasn’t able to convey my point correctly regarding analysis. I believe that we should analyze the phenomenon of OBEs. It would be nice to see more study done on this topic in controlled conditions.

My comment about over-analyzing referred to reasoning of the OBE content (not the phenomenon). I mistakenly got the impression from your original request that you were not familiar with the subject of OBEs. I noticed that your analysis made several assumptions about the mechanics of an OBE and waking recall. I attempted to highlight this with my last quote.

it is our responsibility as a people to verify the validity of statements like the ones made by the OP. What do you think investigation is if not calculated judgements based on empirical research?

Should we as a people that investigate claims of paranormal activity simply take every persons story and experience as valid evidence of said activity?

I don’t have a good response for you. I wholeheartedly agree with your desire to investigate and pick things apart. I love doing this much to the consternation of my friends and family. I have been forced to find a balance.

I am confused about one point though. What scrutiny can a singular personal internal experience stand up to? Certainly there are clever experiments that can be devised, but this would be under controlled conditions and adjusted iteratively by data. I don’t think there is an equivalent set of clever questions that can ferret out data from the OP. Am I missing something?

edit on 4-11-2014 by compressedFusion because: typo. you => your

edit on 4-11-2014 by compressedFusion because: added "singular" to personal experience

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:20 PM

originally posted by: Viperion
I wonder, is there a way for some like me who hasn't experienced OBE or Lucid dreams be able to learn the ways of OBE?

Lucid dreams and out of body experiences are a universal human experience. Everyone is able to have them. There are lots of techniques, but I find the most effective is the timer method.

Scribd doesn't show bookmarks. So I recommend first downloading the PDF. When you open the document with Adobe Reader you will see a bunch of links in the bookmark panel over on the left.

Once you finish reading the 3 page tutorial, the videos should hopefully answer most of the questions you have. If not, feel free to ask. =)

Hope this helps!

edit on 2014-11-4 by Xtraeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:37 PM

Sounds like sleep paralysis to me.. used to suffer from it myself..
Used to get it a lot when i was resting..

just sayin

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:43 PM
Thank you for sharing your experience, good for you. And never mind those seeking to run you over the coals.
It always means a lot for others to hear from those who have had the far out times.

I've had a saucer 40 feet over my head, so close I could see distinct 'propulsion' mechanisms. It then zipped off like in a cartoon and was gone in seconds. Have thought to get some hypnosis to see if there was more, but I figure I might not trust the result and if I'm meant to remember anything I will. I've seen many many unexplainable lights in the sky and have always had experiences which are hard to classify using science or 'fact'.

Again, thank you for sharing. These are the threads which keep me interested in this community.

And I love love your screen name . . .

Be well,

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:43 PM
I'm not here to test your validity. I can't - nobody can. YOU know what happened and people will interpret the story as they wish.

Thank you for sharing your story. I, for one found it extremely interesting. I hope there are people watching out for us. And if they exist, I fear one day we'll need them to intervene.

Also, lucid dreaming and sleep paralysis seem such a cop-out. Although they are likely to explain a lot of events and perhaps this one. People are far too quick to give them as the only possible cause. Even then, those ideas open more doors than they close.

Thanks again.
edit on 4-11-2014 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:47 PM

Thanks for sharing your experience, OP. Next time, ignore members with the word shill in their name.

They want you to reply to their ridic posts and rile you up...No need for that when so many others believe you and have had OBE experiences themselves. Close minded people could never achieve an experience like this and, IMHO, they're probably just jealous.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 09:27 PM
The first one I remember happened when I was maybe 7 or 8 years old - early 1970s. I was asleep upstairs but I suddenly noticed I was going past the console TV/stereo in the living room downstairs. I vividly recall seeing the albums stacked up against the side of the set and thinking how odd it looked, as though through a veil. The vision was slightly tilted, as though I were floating past at a bit of an angle. I don't remember exactly how it ended or how I knew immediately that I my consciousness was outside of my body, but I had no question it had happened just that way - with "me" being downstairs and my body upstairs, asleep in bed.

I've also had contact with beings as you describe, on spacecraft, but these experiences feel different than that early OBE. And I've had shamanic and teaching dreams, which are semi-lucid but mostly marked by extreme vividness, that are different yet feel very similar to the ET encounters and the OBEs and so on, in that there's a separation of consciousness from the physical body.

My theory is that those who experience these kinds of things are wired for such contact, i.e., we are tuned to receive otherdimensional contact and to be able to experience being out of body. (It's a long story, but it's got something to do with neurotransmitters, brainwave oscillations, and our unique electromagnetic signature.) Some people simply are not wired this way, which doesn't mean anything more than that they are not able to perceive this other reality, and therefore I can understand why they would tend to be skeptical of what we experience. I see it as rather like trying to show someone who is colourblind objects of two different colours that they just are not physically capable of seeing.

I wonder, how did you sense you were having an OBE and not a lucid dream?

Also, to those who are wanting to see more scientific research into OBEs, perhaps you haven't seen this recent work.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 06:36 AM
Hey, thank you for having the courage to share your experience. Everyday i come to ats hoping to find this type of thread. You come across as very genuine to me.

There are some people who will never understand, no matter how many different ways you try to explain, they will never understand... until something happens to them. (we can only hope... I HAVE seen threads here that start out with "I never used to believe in this kind of stuff, until..." so, it Does happen!)

I've never seen an actual ET, that I recall. But I have seen UFOs 2 different times and a possible 3rd where i was too young to fully remember what actually happened. And I had one very intense paranormal experience that I admit could have been a dream but i really dont think so. Its the only time I've ever had a dream where i woke up in my room at night with my room looking exactly as it does in real life, same lighting conditions due to the streetlight outside my window and everything. My dreams are usually a confusing blurry mishmash in random never before seen locations.

So, I understand as best i can without having a similar experience. I understand that there are other things out there.

Best of wishes to all!

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 06:46 AM

Are you sure it was an OBE and not a lucid dream? just curious.

I Lucid dream constantly and I did have one about greys. In one dream A few friends an I went camping and after a few brews I walked to the next camp and introduced myself to them, and as it turns out they were greys on holiday. They acted just like we would-they stood around a BBQ, making small talk, until I asked them why they were here, and then I woke up.

Lucid dreaming is very powerful, at times you'd swear that you reach out and touch your surroundings. But at the end of the day if you gained something positive from the experience then it's worth sharing despite it's origins.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 08:46 AM

originally posted by: longy9999

Thanks for sharing your experience, its not easy to come forward and share things like this.

What did the light and dark skinned beings look like? Were they similar looking to the greys or completely different?

The greys looked like how we see them in movies.

The fairs looked neon white but like us, and the dark ones looked like hispanics.
Please don't call me racist now, I'm only giving a description.

Both darker skinned and lighter skinned were a lot taller than me and thinner too. They were at least 180 cm tall.
I'm 160 cm , 57kg. so normal weight and height.

There was 1 light skinned woman and man , both same hight, about 180cm tall. and another woman and man , dark skinned, also about one head taller than me.

I saw 3 greys operating the craft. They were shorter than me, about a head shorter, and grey. They didn't even take notice of me. They seemed busy with the spaceship.

I also have to mention that there was another human being there, a male, I've never met him, but he was listening to them too. (Looked European, short, little fat, and dark hair, he looked just as confused as I did. )

Can you remember what the neon white color beings' eyes looked like?

I have enjoyed reading your experience as well as others who post what they have seen. I personally haven't had anything close to a OBE but Ive never put forth the required effort to try, from how its been described I might want to come back. My experience comes from being very young so it was easy for people to say it was just a reoccurringdream. Reading my own experience I think I want to talk to that thing again.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 09:03 AM
Interesting story.

As far as I'm concerned as see 2 holes in your argumentation:

- 1st you claim this is an OBE. If it was an OBE, your consciousness would still be in the real world, out of your body. The fact that you saw nuclear explosions proves you were not in the real world, but in the mental world. Thus it doesn't qualify as an OBE.
- 2nd if you were in the mental world, then your experience is not different from a dream, an hallucination or a vision.

You may feel like "this wasn't an hallucination", the truth is that a real hallucination is indistinguishable from reality. This is what makes it look real. During an hallucination, the mental censors are de-activated and things that are normally impossible are seen as possible by the brain.

It's quite hard to understand, but if you never had an hallucination, you are certainly not in a position to say it wasn't one.

The only way for someone to be sure if something is an hallucination or not is to ask for a second opinion.

Your story is interesting for sure, but it should be classified among "prophetic" dreams and visions where it belongs. It wasn't an OBE.

PS: The mental world can be surprising for sure, but a lot of people (especially here) tend to mistake something internal (the mental landscape) with something external (the physical reality). It's not healthy and the source of many delusions. I recommend exploring the mental space always remembering it's the product of your own subconscious.

Basically, what you saw was more the projection of your own fears and concerns than reality. It was a message for you, to show you what worries you, what lurks in the dark corners of your mind, so you can grow out of it. It wasn't a message for the people of this board.

PPS: If you doubt my understanding of your experience, if you mistake my comment for a dismissal of your feelings (it is not), if you classify me as a skeptic, I can reassure you and give you a tarot reading of my own to prove you I am not a newbie in this subject matter, and that all I want is for you to ease your worries and allow for peace of mind to come back to you. You think you saw the future, what you saw was your own fears. I'm not mocking you, belittling your experience nor calling you a liar. I just want to shed some light on something you tried to understand for 12 years now.

The mysteries of the mental realms are not so mysterious for the people who devote their life to understand them. The literature is abounding, the explanations are available, the conclusion is beautiful.

With love.
edit on 5-11-2014 by JUhrman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 10:19 AM
a reply to: Vageryn

I'm sorry, but I'd be lying if I told you I remember any more details about the dark skinned or the lighter skinned aliens I saw in the OBE.

The only things I clearly remember were:
How tall they were
And the difference in the 2 pairs skin.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>