It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin police deploy armored vehicle over dog poop dispute, SWAT team executes dog

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

I think that shooting the dog was an attempt to provoke the dog's owner into rash action, so that they could murder him.
They just didn't count on it being caught on video.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
They knew the guy was nuts and would potentially sic em, but weren't tactical enough to get doggie treats in case the loony decided to actually follow through on his declared intent to release the dog. They saw how small it was for an hour and a half MINIMUM before this. The mailman is smarter than the swat team and uses pepper spray where I am from to deal with NASTY dogs. For the others, he brings a big bag of treats to win affection and show his good intent for intruding into the dogs territory. Didn't even think to use non than lethal weapons for either the dog or the guy. Sigh. In off this too depressing, I'll revisit when I write about this at my community college.

I wrote this on the Racine Police Facebook page:

I'm sorry boys in blue but two things come to my mind as I watch this - 1) if the dog wanted to maul you, the amount of time you waited to use force probably would have been too long. Since the pooch was leashed by a raving lunatic who was yelling I could understand if the dog was confused... but it wasnt. It knew that it's owner was bad, it thought you might be reasonable people, it went to you for protection, I think he woulda puppy licked you pretty well and be glad to be away from that lunatic. I am only glad this wasn't a child.
2) you had a bear cat. Drive up the dudes lawn and use a megaphone to communicate. SAVE INNOCENT LIFE! Minimize risk. Be smart, and CONSTANTLY recheck your tactics. Your standard operating procedures are lacking. There are these things called less-than-lethal weapons. There is also public opinion of cops. I detest the ones I know, because they constantly profile kids my age and younger, they threaten to use force over crimes equatable to speeding tickets, and the have harrassed, detained me on numerous occasions with NO legitimate explanation, violated my rights, threatened me when I am a peaceful person, lied to me, covered it up, and vowed to put me in jail even if they had to commit perjury and called me a # while they said this. But enough about me. YOU are the one who is ridiculed now. Perhaps it's because you showed how afraid you are? Afraid to be reasonable. The guy gave you MULTIPLE warnings that he was going to release the dog. You should have had treats waiting IN CASE THAT HAPPENED and pepper spray(like the mailman, you know??)/less than lethal weapons, which might understandably have been used on the man(and potentially pup, such as in the situation where he was sicced on you by the enraged man) e.g. if it was a dangerous dog. But treats and a dog lover on that swat team would have sufficient dealt with the pooch in this case, in my opinion. When militarizing your force is what's on your minds, you don't think like a NORMAL American I guess. But people said you saw it many times before shooting it and knew it was small and had NO equipment to deal with it. You should be called the Shoot Whatever/Any Target guys! Anyone thinking logically with adiquate training would have been prepared. All you are prepared for is inciting public outrage and then seeing their outrage and raising it a bearcat! No good can come of this, and thought it's not all your fault, I have little simpathy for those in blue that don't see how much it matters that you guys remain CONSTANTLY vigilant of how you do business. Sigh. I'd feel sorry for you if I didn't have to console my girlfriend who is traumatized to the point of motivating me to write this. She's a journalist student. We're going to write about this at community college. If you delete this post I have screen shots. Good day.
edit on 11/3/2014 by JamesCookieIII because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Post on the police dept's Facebook:

"Nathan Carrier · Follow · Top Commenter · Racine, Wisconsin
As a resident of this town, and an eye witness to these events, I can tell you their side of the story is complete bull#. He never threatened the cops with his dog. I knew his dog. It was too friendly to do anything like that. What you cant see in the video is the fact the cops used tear gas in the house, and then knocked down the front door. that is why the dog ran outside. To get away from the teargas, not to "attack" officers."Nathan Carrier · Follow · Top Commenter · Racine, Wisconsin
As a resident of this town, and an eye witness to these events, I can tell you their side of the story is complete bull#. He never threatened the cops with his dog. I knew his dog. It was too friendly to do anything like that. What you cant see in the video is the fact the cops used tear gas in the house, and then knocked down the front door. that is why the dog ran outside. To get away from the teargas, not to "attack" officers.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skada

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

Why the hell did they have to shoot the dog????

That is your question? Why did they have to deploy SWAT and armored cars for this? Unless the dog's poop was a biological hazard, or produced too much methane gas.

I don't want to live on this planet anymore with morons (the swat) like this running around.

How about the 9 heavily armed cops? ...yup, to take down a tiny dog who doesn't know right from wrong and gives unconditional love to all !

Shameful and actually criminal.....

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I was listening to G. Duff on an interview recently and he said that, apparently, how we are judged or assessed in the afterlife has a lot to do with how we treat animals.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: JamesCookieIII

I have no reason to doubt this account as it is standard operating procedure. if it's true then what a bunch of sorry, incompetent, cowardly, and ultimately pathetic police force wisconsin has. And sadly due to a nation wide, systematic, really S#*)%Y training, doctrine under the guise of "Experts" who obviously can't distinguish the real world from their insecurities, we apparently have this. This complete failure and unacceptable presentation of law enforcement. the message is to all you LEO's is...you need to try harder, do better, use your brain not your fear to solve your problems. If we civilians can do this then surly your armored overly armed ass can do better. Until then I'll call you what you are...incompetent. Sorry until you pull your heads out of your asses and actually do an acceptable job then, we, the people, will consider you incompetent.
edit on 3-11-2014 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Yea the dog was the victim here.

They should of shot the dude.

Stupid cops shoot little puppy that wasn't even coming at them. Dog went o crap when saw all those dudes, Not Mailman.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:01 AM
link   
America , the world is watching you
and shaking their heads in disbelief.

I hope your exorcism happens soon ,
because without it you will implode

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
Maybe this all part of a government plot,
they let the police run wild for 10-20 years then they institute a national police force and outlaw local police forces.They do this under the guise that local police are out of control and a danger to the public and only a national police force can be held accountable and trusted to protect us and our rights.

Of course they will give it some patriotic sounding name that has the initials SS.

You already have a alphabet agency called the SS.......
edit on 4-11-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Necrobile

I know my opinion may not be popular, but after reading the article, I was mad at one person, and one person only. The dog owner. All of this could have been avoided if he was a good dog owner, and not an asshole.

I've read many stories of cops shooting people's dogs, and it breaks my heart. I love animals, especially my dogs. I do think it's pretty ridiculous to have shot the dog, and I understand people being angry at the police for it. They've been doing it way too often lately.

But I still can't help but only feel anger for the owner. He doesn't pick up his dog's prize, kicks it across the yard when confronted, then threatens to kill their dog with a bow/arrow. When the husband tries to confront the guy for being a complete dick, he brings a machete to the door. Then after police arrive, lets his dog out of the house to go after police.

I'm sorry, that guy is a real piece of scheisse...

Yeah you're right his actions were wrong. Some people crack, and some people act like they are on crack, especially now days it seems so much more often. But two wrongs don't make a right or make for excuse what professional authorities did as a reaction. They were called to handle this, not go off on an innocent animal. If you can't trust them or there judgments then what. The owner obviously wasn't in the right mindset, so the cops took advantage of that or are not trained properly or wanted him to act out more in a sort of game for them. Musta been bored at the donut shop.

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: Tardacus
Maybe this all part of a government plot,
they let the police run wild for 10-20 years then they institute a national police force and outlaw local police forces.They do this under the guise that local police are out of control and a danger to the public and only a national police force can be held accountable and trusted to protect us and our rights.

Of course they will give it some patriotic sounding name that has the initials SS.

You already have a alphabet agency called the SS.......

Social Security, yup. It just came out that they funded Nazis millions to leave the US.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:52 AM
link   
As I said on the last 10 threads about excessive police force and brutality to this insane degree....

Only In America.

WTF is going on over there?

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   

All of this could have been taken care of with a visit by a single car and a written summons.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

I was thinking secret service so the USA has two then

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Unfortunately, that would appear to be the case.

The idiot f(*)(kn owner, (who shouldve been the one shot) was threatening to shoot the police with armour piercing crossbow bolts and set his dog on them.

Now everyone can see that that dog was no threat, and the copper that shot it is a wanker and a coward if he was that scared that he had to fire two rounds into it. BUT what a tosspot of an owner for putting his dog into that situation.

My dog (three times the size of the one shot) is a family pet. Not a weapon, not a guard or attack dog. If anybody, police or otherwise was wandering around my property with lethal weapons, and (obviously with hindsite) lethal intent, I would do everything to prevent my dog coming to harm.

My summary: the copper should be fired as he is obviously to easily intimidated and demonstrably likley to take an inappropriate course of action when #ting himself in fear.

The owner should have any remaining animals taken from him and be banned from ever keeping another.

This has annoyed me.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: FraggleRock

i would think swat, you know, special weapons and tactics would be able to deal with a little ankle biter piece of crap without killing it....
dont they wear vests, boots, gloves, etc? carry weapons other than a gun?

i dont know man......maybe that was one of their tactics.....waste the dog so the guy would flip and come out

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

originally posted by: Char-Lee

All those big strong armored men all scared of that little baby puppy! I can't find words!

It makes me think they would have shot a kid if he ran out right there.

them mother f'ers would have!!! no doubt in my mind your right...

lucky it was just a dog, these guys got to lay off the steroids.
edit on 4-11-2014 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: idmonster

My dog (three times the size of the one shot) is a family pet. Not a weapon, not a guard or attack dog. If anybody, police or otherwise was wandering around my property with lethal weapons, and (obviously with hindsite) lethal intent, I would do everything to prevent my dog coming to harm.

oh not me man.....we have a dog now....family pet...we love him...that said, if something like the situation you mentioned was happening at my house, the first thing i would do is let him out....
not like this dude sicking him on the cops but if someone was trying to get in my door or climb in my window....yeah, the dog would be on his way......
thats his job.....to love us in return for the love we give him, and to offer some level of protection...
that probably wont be a common post but thats the way it is....

i remember about 15 years ago my mom had 4 pretty big dogs...she was home alone with my brothers who were kids then...my step dad was at work(3rd shift) and i was at my house across town....some guy that was drunk off his ass started banging at her front door, demanding to come in.(later was determined he thought it was his house and my mom his wife....thats how drunk)
she called the cop and then she called me....she was scared and didnt know what to do...i was like 15 minutes away...i told her to let the dogs out the side door...all of them
she dropped the phone and did it.....
well, 2 of them were goof balls and wouldnt hurt anyone and the other two were on him...they didnt bite or even attack but he was pinned between them and the house.
cops got there a couple minutes later and handled it.....

yup

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: anton74

How is that important? FYI the dog didn't attack the police.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Why run and grab weapons when no one else is armed? Screw your violent defense standpoint. Why can't two people even talk about cleaning up dog crap without running and grabbing a machete? "Ohhhh but it's our right and we should be able to if we want to" - shove that defense up your sphincter. Talk out a situation instead of running for a weapon "JUST IN CASE."

This whole situation reminds me of why I love THIS MOVIE

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0bservant
a reply to: roadgravel

Why run and grab weapons when no one else is armed? Screw your violent defense standpoint. Why can't two people even talk about cleaning up dog crap without running and grabbing a machete? "Ohhhh but it's our right and we should be able to if we want to" - shove that defense up your sphincter. Talk out a situation instead of running for a weapon "JUST IN CASE."

This whole situation reminds me of why I love THIS MOVIE

Exactly...it's pathetic that this escalated to this point.

Don't forget this movie

www.imdb.com...

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join