It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin police deploy armored vehicle over dog poop dispute, SWAT team executes dog

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

It became a violent dispute when the man got a machete

When Polk’s husband went to talk to the man about the confrontation, she said that he came to the door armed.

“He closed the door and came back to the door with a machete in his hand, a very long machete so at that time my husband backed up off the property and I had my daughter call the police,” Polk explained.

A person should be able to stand in his house with a weapon if a mad neighbor shows up. Seems to have worked as the man left. Until the police get involved, and as usual, things go downhill fast.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

I don't understand what everyone is so up in arms about. Clearly that dog was a threat to our armed men and women of the Police force as well as the Police dog. Now I understand the dog turned and walked away from the Officers, but you don't know what that dogs intentions were. That dog could have been going back to get a gun or some other type of weapon. Clearly the dog also refused to comply with whatever orders he was given. He should have stopped, put his paws up and surrendered. /sarcasm

Just in case anyone missed the /sarcasm at the end of my post, the above was nothing more than sarcasm and in no way actually reflects my true feelings which if I were to actually share them would get me banned from ATS for a huge T & C violation, would get me visited by local law enforcement and potentially the Department of Homeland Security, FBI, CIA, NSA, ATF, etc etc.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   
In my opinion what the human did that brought the SWAT to the neighborhood has no baring as to why the cops shot the little, tinsy pooch that was showing friendly body language and behavior the entire time.

The reasoning for shooting the dog was despicable. It could have distracted the SWAT so they went ahead and shot it. Are you kidding!?!

First of all any SWAT that lets something that minor distract them is no professional. Second look at how those stooges staged. With that kind of stack they are lucky they didn't shoot each other. And seriously right in front of the house. That's your staging area for a attempted, and botched dynamic assault.

These aren't SWAT. more like SWAT wannabe's. Demote them to walking a beat near the downtown mall. They'd screw that up too. Hey at least they get some credit for not missing a threat the size of a bowling pin from 10 feet away on their first shot.
edit on 3-11-2014 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-11-2014 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

crap like this will only cease when it is responded to in kind. eye for an eye type stuff (with interest)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

The problem is, it takes more than one. Our country, my country, has become apathetic toward one another. In essence, "Glad it wasn't me" is the general thought process. Something will have to happen, a paradigm shift of sorts, to change that attitude. Only when the thoughts change to, "This happened to a member of my community and we should stand up for them" will it change.

Nevada Cattle Rancher Wins 'Range War' With Feds

The Nevada rancher is the perfect example of making the government back off. That is what it will take.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Ha. So when my ex neighbor who was mayor's son was taking an axe (literally) to my shed because he thought it to be on his property (shed was there before he moved in) , police tell me it's a civil matter because it's a property dispute. Yes a grown man on my property chipping away at my shed with an axe. Police leave saying there's nothing they can do. But these police in Wisconsin, execute a dog because it was pooping in someone's yard.

Cop logic never ceases to surprise me...

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Having reviewed the article and the video here is the things to look at, and consider, the facts as presented and ultimately who is at fault:

The facts are as follows:

Person with said animal took it out. Animal defecated on a neighbor’s yard. Said owner of yard, demanded that the owner of said animal remove said waste. Owner of the animal did not. Owner of yard went over to talk to owner of the animal. Owner of the animal escalated it by using a weapon to threaten owner of the yard. Police were called, threats were made. Owner of animal sent animal out. Police shot dog.

Ok who is at fault for the animal getting shot? The owner of the animal, using said animal as a weapon. As cruel as it is, the owner did not have to send his animal out, nor did he show any kind of courtesy of being a good neighbor to those around him. They tried to resolve this, he chose not to. They tried to get him to do the right thing and he threatened all of those around. When he released the animal out into the yard, it is as if he fired the first shot, and ultimately this should never have gone that far. The owner of the animal could have been responsible, he was not. He could have apologized, and explain or stated he did not have the means to remove said waste from the yard. He could have done anything, but the moment a weapon was pulled, he is in the wrong. The moment he sent the animal out, when the police was wrong, in short he was assaulting them.

As sad as this situation is, the reality is that the laws in all states are very clear. If the animal is not confined then the owner is at fault. That means if the animal bites someone the owner has to take responsibly. If the animal does what animals do, then it is up to the owner to take care of it. And when the police are involved, the reality is that if the owner does not have the animal under control, or restrained, then the police have all rights to do as the law dictates.

We do not know all of the details, only what is being shown in the video and reported. Ultimately, this will have to be in the hands of the investigators, lawyers, judges and juries to decide what is and is not acceptable in this case.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I don't think this is over until the policeman's badge is on the table, and then gets served with a hefty charge of animal cruelty. This should be the absolute minimal retribution for this incredible lack of judgement and control.

And, when that is over, the dog owner can sue the ex-officer, for everything they own.
edit on 3-11-2014 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Isn't there some relationship found between people who kill and torture pets and Serial Killers? I think it's pretty much illegal everywhere in America to shoot and kill a dog. Citizens are arrested for putting old, sick and dying pets out of suffering, but could legally pay a Vet to do it, or just get it to bark at the scary Police Man!?

Just Sayin' ...

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Maybe this all part of a government plot,
they let the police run wild for 10-20 years then they institute a national police force and outlaw local police forces.They do this under the guise that local police are out of control and a danger to the public and only a national police force can be held accountable and trusted to protect us and our rights.

Of course they will give it some patriotic sounding name that has the initials SS.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Apparently they hate the truth. I commented on their facebook page and out of all the other comments condemning them, MINE was deleted and I was blocked! I called them what they rightly are. A disgrace to the badge.
They are no different than street thugs, only they have a badge so it's 'legit'. I called them Nazi Gestapo, Hitler SS Stormtroopers.
I bet that's what made them block me. The truth hurts, doesn't it? Yeah, the founding fathers didn't fight to bring about a country that would become a police state. Those 'men' are cowards. Further shown by blocking me out of all the others condemning them.
edit on 3-11-2014 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
More proof these cops are idiots.

I've re watched this video a couple of times. The little dog comes out and drops it's two front paws on to the ground with it's back stretched out. in a semi crouched position. Anybody who thinks this is "doggie" for I'm going to bite your ass. has never owned ,nor interacted with a dog.

This tells me that if the SWAT in this situation were too removed from normal society to have the basic social skills to know what basic dog body language is then what are the odds these morons are able to interpret normal human body language too.

In case you didn't know. Anybody who's ever been around dog will know that dropping the front paws down in a semi crouch is doggie language for "are you my friend? lets play!! I love to play!!!!"

So if these swat see things that are saying "hey do you want to play?" And their go to response is "NO!!!!!! F#((%Ning DOGS DIE!!!!!"""" BLAM!!! BLAM!!! BLAM!!! that tells me that not only do you have a problem with said SWAT you've also just armed and gave authority to a complete SOCIOPATH. And that communities problems just got WAAAAAY worse.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   
The bigger problem is that we as a community aren't doing anything but watching "reality" television through these news articles. We're just observing and I believe that with each story we are amazed by we should discuss and learn from that problem and potentially help or give motion to the solution to these types of problems. Even if none of us can do anything about it the discussion of what we could do is enough at this point. Because now we are pretty much watching tv.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: NotAConsumer

I agree. I've engaged in one political movement designed to battle the disease rather than the symptoms. Any suggestions on what else I can do?

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Thanks for the post OP. This kind of # just pisses me the hell off!

Rebel 5

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: anton74

originally posted by: roadgravel
Sounds as though the police actually escalated the situation by using a swat team.

The SWAT team was there because the man threatened to kill the cops.

FYI folks, the dog was let out in the hopes that it would attack the police.

The dog was let out in hopes of attacking the police? Your joking.

Rebel 5

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

Ok who is at fault for the animal getting shot? The owner of the animal, using said animal as a weapon.

a weapon.....that is just retarded...did you see animal in question ?...did it look like it was attacking ?

The moment he sent the animal out, when the police was wrong, in short he was assaulting them.

that is what you would consider assault.....oh my god ...get a grip

are you an officer of the law?

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   

I know my opinion may not be popular, but after reading the article, I was mad at one person, and one person only. The dog owner. All of this could have been avoided if he was a good dog owner, and not an asshole.

I've read many stories of cops shooting people's dogs, and it breaks my heart. I love animals, especially my dogs. I do think it's pretty ridiculous to have shot the dog, and I understand people being angry at the police for it. They've been doing it way too often lately.

But I still can't help but only feel anger for the owner. He doesn't pick up his dog's prize, kicks it across the yard when confronted, then threatens to kill their dog with a bow/arrow. When the husband tries to confront the guy for being a complete dick, he brings a machete to the door. Then after police arrive, lets his dog out of the house to go after police.

I'm sorry, that guy is a real piece of scheisse...

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: sdcigarpig

Lets go over this again.

"who is at fault for the animal getting shot?"
Simple, the cowards that shot it. Any of these cowards that legitimately thought this dog posed a threat to them or anyone else should be publicly shamed, among other things. That's what this boils down to. Police officers, or the scumbags that call themselves police officers have no ability to discern real threats from non threats. They view anything and everything as a threat in need of execution. The police chief even admits this dog had no malice towards anyone. Meaning this dog posed no threat. It's a good thing this guy didn't threaten these cowards with a child since I'm sure the result would have been the same. After all, that would have been assaulting them and they would have had no choice but to shoot the child.

Post the law whether it be federal, state, or local that required this dog to be shot in this situation. Just because there may be a law allowing something doesn't mean it must happen. It's discretion, something police are showing more and more they are incapable of.

What other details would you like to know?

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

I want Jon Stewart to talk about this

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join