It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin police deploy armored vehicle over dog poop dispute, SWAT team executes dog

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
That dog was clearly a threat. First of all have you heard of the "21 foot rule?" Well dogs have a "41 foot rule." Dogs can run really fast and you never know when it can suddenly for no reason go for an ankle. A 8lb dog bite on a shoe presents an obviously unreasonable risk to the police officers safety. They may need to actually break out their first aid kit and apply Neosporin. Maybe even a saline rinse with a squirt bottle. That's expensive yo! Could bankrupt the department. Too big of a risk.

You all saw it. "It was coming right for us!!!"

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

41 foot rule!
It's coming at us!
No, wait.... It's running away from us.... quick, SHOOT IT!

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 02:21 PM
link   
a reply to: anton74

And you won't be able to sell me on he shouldn't of had one unless you can prove he abused it. Abused dogs are usually aggressive, didn't seem to be the case with this pup.
Care to address the rest of my post?
edit on rdMon, 03 Nov 2014 14:23:28 -0600America/Chicago1120142880 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Or in the police chiefs words, they cause a tactical distraction that the cops could not allow at the time being.
Damn decoy dogs!!

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

And you won't be able to sell me on he shouldn't if had one unless you can prove he abused it. Abused dogs are usually aggressive, didn't seem to be the case with this pup.

Either way, the dog was no threat to them.

I wouldn't surprised if we don't see a video soon where a SWAT team shoots a squirrel or a robin that happens to get too close to one of their operations. (darned tactical distractions!)
edit on bu302014-11-03T14:34:19-06:0002America/ChicagoMon, 03 Nov 2014 14:34:19 -06002u14 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

And you won't be able to sell me on he shouldn't of had one unless you can prove he abused it. Abused dogs are usually aggressive, didn't seem to be the case with this pup.

Sure, Police arrest the man, send him to prison. Dog gets taken to an animal shelter and is euthanized.

Shelters normally don't send pets home with people that have a history of violence.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

And you won't be able to sell me on he shouldn't if had one unless you can prove he abused it. Abused dogs are usually aggressive, didn't seem to be the case with this pup.

I wouldn't surprised if we don't see a video soon where a SWAT team shoots a squirrel or a robin that happens to get too close to one of their operations.

Have you checked Youtube to be sure. I wouldn't be surprised.

Does this count.

Link
edit on 3-11-2014 by anton74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: anton74

Sure, Police arrest the man, send him to prison. Dog gets taken to an animal shelter and is euthanized.

Shelters normally don't send pets home with people that have a history of violence.

So you are saying that the cops did the little dog a favor by killing it?
Did you root for the wicked witch of the West when you watched the Wizard of OZ?

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 02:36 PM
link   

That wasnt the part I meant, talking about the 0 assessing of threat the cops did before they decided to shoot the vicious attack dog that was running the other way.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

I swear to effin God I cannot take this anymore.
Won't watch another puppy snuff film.

Are we having fun yet?

Well…
"We only get the police that we deserve"

But, according to who, Stalin?

I see where this is going.

One day they will do cursory house inspections because that little thing that grows which landed so many in jail, ruined their futures, had all their stuff seized, will no longer be putting us in jail. It is time to tax the garden.

Hackers, of any stature, will face execution. They will be found out by algorithms sniffing out their adrenaline trail, right to the place where they lay their head to sleep.

Give them nothing.

# 316

edit on 3-11-2014 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I wasn't going to watch the video ...but I did....and then I cried ( literally) for the poor dog....the owner is an idiot for letting the dog out In a standoff....why would you do that to your dog? I mean really? You have a swat team outside your house for 3 hours and then you let your dog out......and the guy is an idiot for threatening the neighbors with a machete ....but the dog didn't do anything wrong. Poor puppy. ....

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
That dog was clearly a threat. First of all have you heard of the "21 foot rule?" Well dogs have a "41 foot rule." Dogs can run really fast and you never know when it can suddenly for no reason go for an ankle. A 8lb dog bite on a shoe presents an obviously unreasonable risk to the police officers safety. They may need to actually break out their first aid kit and apply Neosporin. Maybe even a saline rinse with a squirt bottle. That's expensive yo! Could bankrupt the department. Too big of a risk.

You all saw it. "It was coming right for us!!!"

All I can say is un-fecking-believable. It was their own police dog barking that brought the pooch out in the first place, Ah! Jesus.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
www.liveleak.com...

Wisconsin has promised an internal review after a bizarre neighborhood dispute ended with a SWAT team killing a family pet. Resident Kim Polk told WITI that it all began when a neighborhood man’s dog had crapped in her yard on Saturday afternoon.

“His dog proceeded to soil my grass and I asked him you are going to pick that up because I don’t want that sitting on my grass,” Polk recalled. She said that the man responded by kicking the dog poop into a pile of leaves she was raking, and then threatening her family’s dog with a bow and arrow. When Polk’s husband went to talk to the man about the confrontation, she said that he came to the door armed.

“He closed the door and came back to the door with a machete in his hand, a very long machete so at that time my husband backed up off the property and I had my daughter call the police,” Polk explained. Disturbing cell phone video posted to YouTube shows tactical officers taking cover behind an armored vehicle, when a small dog runs out of the suspect’s home.

The dog appears to turn and head back to the home after spotting the armored vehicle, but officers quickly fire at least two shots and the dog falls to the ground. “Oh my God!” a person watching from a nearby home can be heard screaming. “They shot the dog. You f*cking a**holes!” Read more at www.liveleak.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I wouldn't surprised if we don't see a video soon where a SWAT team shoots a squirrel or a robin that happens to get too close to one of their operations.

Have you checked Youtube to be sure. I wouldn't be surprised.

Does this count.

Link

I don't know if that one counts.... but how about this one:

Two weeks ago, Ray Schulze was working in a barn at the Society of St. Francis no-kill animal shelter in Kenosha, Wis., when officials swarmed the shelter with a search warrant.

“[There were] nine [Department of Natural Resources] agents and four deputy sheriffs, and they were all armed to the teeth,” Mr. Schulze told WISN 12. “It was like a SWAT team.”

The agents were there to retrieve a baby deer named Giggles that was dropped off by a family worried she had been abandoned by her mother, the station reported. Wisconsin law forbids the possession of wildlife.
“I said the deer is scheduled to go to the wildlife reserve the next day,” Mr. Schulze told the station. “I was thinking in my mind they were going to take the deer and take it to a wildlife shelter, and here they come carrying the baby deer over their shoulder. She was in a body bag. I said, ‘Why did you do that?’ He said, ‘That’s our policy,’ and I said, ‘That’s one hell of a policy.’”

Wisconsin officials raid wildlife shelter to KILL baby deer.
edit on b000000302014-11-03T15:01:19-06:0003America/ChicagoMon, 03 Nov 2014 15:01:19 -0600300000014 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
I couldn't agree more. I also read a lot of history. My grandfather was in the 101st during ww2. He wouldn't recognize this country. He might think the Germans won..... Oh wait.....we brought all the valuable Nazis over here, they did win.

That is quite possibly the very moment things started to turn darkside-operation paperclip ushered in a new world order alright,just not the one we thought.
It wasn't just about the rocket science...
An entire system of control was also adopted through those crimminal nazis.

An now we see that system assert its strength,decades later.They knew it would take time.

One of my Grandfathers fought at Arnhem in Holland,flamethrower tank radio operator,in WW2.
And I think he would be turning in his grave about now,if he could see how the world is going today.

edit on 3/11/2014 by Silcone Synapse because: tags

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   
That little dog might have had the ebola.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   

So you are saying that the cops did the little dog a favor by killing it?
Did you root for the wicked witch of the West when you watched the Wizard of OZ?

Yes I did.

Nobody did the dog a favor.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

Now lookie here what the chief said:

During this standoff, the dog owner threatened to use a body armor piercing crossbow to kill officers, and this subject threatened to use his dog as a weapon against officers as well.

"Crossbow" becomes "body armor piercing crossbow". "Dog" becomes "dog as a weapon". It's all in the way you phrase it.

Much like when I was in 10th grade, my friend and I pelted a passing school bus with fluffy snowballs that went "poof" when they hit the bus. By the time we got to the principal's office the next morning, they had morphed into "ice balls" capable of breaking bus windows. Authorities tend to blow things way out of proportion to cover their a**.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I have an idea. If they need target practice so badly, they should do it on each other. Any one this freaking jumpy has no business carrying weapons. Sick mothers.

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
STOP THE POLICE STATE!

I'd settle for STOP THE DUMBASS STATE!
edit on 11/3/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:29 PM
link   

That wasnt the part I meant, talking about the 0 assessing of threat the cops did before they decided to shoot the vicious attack dog that was running the other way.

In a situation like that your dog is most likely going to get shot, even if it was playing dead. Is it right? Nope! Give it 2 weeks and we'll be here talking about again.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join