It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Don't Agree With ME? Then YOU Must Be Terminated!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyinwaiting

Rednecks can't be Christians? Most of them are.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Tell that to the innocent Muslims held in Gitmo for over a decade with no rights at all. Falsely accused, lol. Christians have caused a lot of harm. I'm not saying you have. My family is all decent Christian folk.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   

There is precedent.

Having said that, lumping ALL people who identify into any group as being equal and identical is irrational. There are good people, and bad, from all walks of life - regardless of what label(s) they happen to wear. I've met some fantastic people who were proud Christians - and who earned my respect. I've also met a few who did not live up to the bar.

Same can be said of any group.

Now RE: the OP... I rarely even agree with myself - so now I've got one Hell of a conundrum on my hands...

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Oh for the love of God. The Crusades? Really?

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Christians use the Muslim of invasion of Europe as a basis for why Islam is evil. The crusades agree legitimate. History matters even if most Americans don't think so.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

I don't think Muslims are evil. I think Isis is evil.

Again, goodnight. This time I promise to actually leave. When people bring up the crusades as an excuse for anything in the 21st century, I start to get very sleepy. Been in that discussion as much as I care to, got the tee-shirt.

edit on 11/3/2014 by ladyinwaiting because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Yes, really. They really happened - and the hatred and mistrust, on both sides, continues to this day.

You might also notice the part where I said that putting all people into lumped groups is irrational - IE there are good Christians and bad ones, the same as Muslims, or Jews, or people who sell balloons on piers for spending money.

What bothers me most about both religions we are speaking of are the adherents who drip at the mouth trying to make the apocalypse occur so that they can meet God. God will show up in his own good time - he doesn't need our help.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45

Christians use the Muslim of invasion of Europe as a basis for why Islam is evil. The crusades agree legitimate. History matters even if most Americans don't think so.

Actually, no, when I talk about why Islam has issues, I point at things that groups like ISIS do to groups like the Yahzidis and other religious minorities, or even other groups of Muslims simply because they are not Islamic enough for ISIS.

The only time I point to the far past is when people try to claim that Islam only has problems with aggression because of US foreign policy of the recent past. At that point I ask why the Barbary pirates were so hostile and why they claimed they were hostile in the name of Islam ... back in the days of Jefferson.
edit on 3-11-2014 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

So believing that we could be looking at the End of Days is trying to make the Apocalypse occur? Let's be perfectly clear, I don't want it to happen, but if my choices are to wind up lumped into a scapegoat "other" group for political expediency and to be marched off to some camp and oven somewhere because I refuse to conform to standards I find abhorrent or to pray for the End of Days and salvation ... I know which one I would prefer.

Honestly, I hope neither one happens. I'd like to die old in my bed, but between the other two, it's far more attractive to have God sweep me up than to be put in a gas shower or shot in the head because TPTB have chosen to blame all the problems of society on the group I happen to be a part of. Having studied genocide, I am pretty confident that I don't want to be a part of one.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Genocides happen constantly, particularly in tribal regions - though some rather large nations have engaged in "ethnic purification". One could argue, effectively, that the US was created upon it.

As far as fears of death camps and whatnot in the US? The pyramid shown right on the back of our dollar bills explains why that won't happen. Those at the top need a very large bottom class to support the pyramid. The more worker bees there are, the more honey for the queen.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   

The issues causing terrorism and extremism in Muslim nations are far more socioeconomic and geopolitical in nature than they are religious.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   

I'm so lost. Earlier you said TPTB will put you in camps for being Christian. Now you say it still save you. Can you clarify that last post? It was incredibly incredibly hard to follow.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 09:41 PM
link   

All these things make me the "Other" as far as you are concerned. And one of them alone makes me a target.

You got a fair share of stars for your posts. Though I added my own, here's a post to confirm you do not stand alone in your convictions.

Now there's an 'us' and a clear demonstration of the OP's point. Succinct ... eh?

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

Genocides happen constantly, particularly in tribal regions - though some rather large nations have engaged in "ethnic purification". One could argue, effectively, that the US was created upon it.

As far as fears of death camps and whatnot in the US? The pyramid shown right on the back of our dollar bills explains why that won't happen. Those at the top need a very large bottom class to support the pyramid. The more worker bees there are, the more honey for the queen.

What do you think amnesty is laying the groundwork for?

You replace the independent class that is so stubbornly insistent upon its independence and liberty with a poor and poorly educated underclass that is dependent on government and comes from countries with a tradition of being dependent on government. Then you drum up racial grievance and tell them everything is miserable for them because the "other" ... in this case the remnant of the middle class, the independent class, is to blame because they are "rich" and selfish and any other manner of whatever you choose to make them a scapegoat, and the inversion happens. Bottom up, top down, middle out and gone.

Cloward-Piven. Welcome to our new overlords and the compliant and permanent dependent class they can rule forever.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

Hehe which point of the OP was clearly demonstrated? I was accused of wanting to kill people when I said no such thing. I merely tried to explain the viewpoint of the ones who say such things.

So in other words for trying to bring empathy and understanding into the picture I was attacked without cause.

Keep patting yourselves on the back. This thread shows exactly how us vs them works. Someone complains about their situation. All their friends show support. Someone not in the in-group tries to illuminate the other side of things. They are attacked relentlessly. They become defensive and fight back. Now it's two sides at war with no hope of any consensus or agreement or even respect being achieved.

I don't hate old people or want to kill them. I don't hate conservatives or want to kill them. If either was true I'd have to start with my parents, grandma, aunts, uncles.

Are you willing to take a step back and re read my original response keeping in mind what I just said? Or shall we continue the war? I don't want a war, but if you bring one to me I don't lie down and take it.

This us vs them game is exactly why America and the world are crumbling. I'm willing to admit mistakes and offer apology when needed. The OP himself has seen this recently. Are the rest of you willing to be reasonable adults or shall we just keep throwing punches at each other? I can play this either way. It's your call

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45

I'm so lost. Earlier you said TPTB will put you in camps for being Christian. Now you say it still save you. Can you clarify that last post? It was incredibly incredibly hard to follow.

That's because you're being obtuse or are incredibly ignorant about Christian belief.

I didn't say they would and I didn't say explicitly they would do because I was Christian. I did say that would be one thing that would set me apart. I also listed a host of other reasons; you seem to be ignoring those in favor of the faith angle, likely because that makes you feel better about pretending I'm off my rocker.

Crash Course: Part of Christian belief is that Christ will return someday after a seven year period known as the Tribulation. It will be a seriously BAD TIME on earth for all of us who are unlucky enough to be here. There are some Christians who believe firmly that God will lift some of us up off the earth before the Tribulation begins. Whether or not that happens no one can say. There are competing viewpoints on this as there are with so much else that has to do with religion, any religion.

But my point is simply if I must face the worst that man can dish out to me for thinking/believing the "wrong" way or have God lift me off the face of the earth ... I know which I would prefer. It was a somewhat facetious posting as I have no idea if God will do that or when; in fact, sadly I think it more likely that man will go off the rails and start rounding people up for the wrong thoughts first. That I believe that in country that was founded on the principles of personal liberty and freedom of speech among others is the saddest thing I've posted in a long time.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

That you understand it means you have thought it. I certainly don't see you disagreeing with it only back pedaling that "sure I said it, but I didn't mean it."

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   

So if God will save you why spend so much time attacking others? I've never understood how people who are so assured of their own salvation constantly lash out at others and try to impose their views. Why care about the agendas of TPTB at all. Your eternal soul is safe. What do the tribulations of the mortal coil matter to you?

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   

What's it? I said a lot of things. Can you be more specific?

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Correction: The Rapture is a relatively modern idea and is not universally embraced by Christianity.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join