It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MINIWORLD! [SEC2014]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

MINIWORLD!

"I can't find it! It's definitely not here Mum!!!"
"Look under your bed... or try the laundry basket, maybe it got in there by mistake?"
"It's not HERE!!! It's NOT ANYWHERE!!! What am I going to do? I can't go out with JUST ONE SOCK ON!!!"
"Look, just leave it for now, it'll turn up eventually (if it hasn't ended up some place with all the other lost socks, pencils & buttons!)
Just put on your blue stripey ones instead. You're going to be late for School"

Debbie LOVED her "lucky" (and very cosy!) pink socks with the BIG heart design on them, but today - of all days, one was missing... so she'd just have to make do with the Blue stripey ones instead.
It was the day she'd been waiting for, for ages! It was the day of the School Science Fair and she'd been working on a fantastic project for months now.
She had built a miniature landscape, complete with houses and streets, fields and rivers, inside a big plastic dome, which she'd painstakingly constructed out of clear polythene and old tent poles, mounted on a big wheeled trolley, and she'd called it "MINIWORLD!"

The School was very busy, with students, teachers and fussing parents, all milling around the big lecture hall, as each student took it in turn to show and describe their Science project to the waiting audience.

It was Debbie's' turn to step forward and begin her presentation...

"Ladies and Gentlemen, parents, teachers and fellow students...
There is a world all around us, above us, beneath us... where a whole society of little creatures exist and live out their lives, right under our noses, without our knowledge!" she started (as a stifled giggle came from the back of the hall).

"My science project is called "MINIWORLD!" and I've created an observation dome, complete with a camera-scope linked to my computer, so we can observe this society!"

The giggles slowly spread around the room, as the audience tried to picture the "little people" right under our noses!!

"Most people don't believe in the possibility of a society of little people, but if we don't look, then how will we ever really know if they are there or not?" She asked... "I believe that they exist! ...They are the ones who take our "lost" buttons, pencils and socks!"

Unfortunately, the whole room had by this time descended into open laughter, fits of giggles and several rather rude gestures indicating that they thought Debbie was quite mad!

A tear came to her eye, and her voice wavered slightly as she tried to finish her presentation...

"The cameracope will let us see these creatures.... if they exist... and we could maybe... we could learn a lot about ourselves if we... if we only.... ... .. . "

Her voice trailed off as the teacher stepped forward;
"Thank You Debbie, that was...erm... very interesting! and it showed great.... uhm... imagination!" she said.

But Debbie KNEW that she'd blown her big chance to impress the whole School, and worse still - had probably made a complete fool of herself in the process. "Little People!!!" she thought to herself... "How STUPID!!!"

When she got home, she slammed the big trolley which carried "MINIWORLD!" straight into the garage wall with a huge crash, knocking a large tin of paint off the shelf which then snapped one of the tent poles, leaving the polythene flapping about unsecured.

"Whaaat waas THAT???? Muuum??" asked Jigg as she raised her head from her pillow sleepily.
"It's nothing dear, just the.... "neighbours" crashing about up there! Try and go back to sleep, it'll be dark soon, and we've got lots of things on the list to collect tonight!"

So, Jigg just shrugged, yawned, lay back down, gently pulled her brand new "lucky" and very cosy, pink heart sleeping bag all around her, and went back to sleep.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I HAD to star and flag this. Any of my kids will tell you that for years,anything and everything that goes missing in our house I blame on " borrowers".

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: AccessDenied

Aww Thanks AD!
They're here too!
LOL
G

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I liked this Gordy.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

Nice!

Totally dug this tale!

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Very Cool Little Story Gordy! (Ya see what I did there?!) LOL!! Nice Job!! Syx.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Great story

Little people! As a kid my friends and I would search the grass for little people, we were sure of their existence!

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star
I liked this Gordy.

Thanks Night!
I reckon they might be related to your pixies??? LOL

originally posted by: CagliostroTheGreat

Nice!

Totally dug this tale!

Cheers Cag!! (Don't DIG too deep! (You'll disturb 'em!!)

originally posted by: SyxPak

Very Cool Little Story Gordy! (Ya see what I did there?!) LOL!! Nice Job!! Syx.

Hey Mike! Thanks Bud, Nice to see you again! - Am looking forward to reading yours!!!

originally posted by: Jennyfrenzy

Great story

Little people! As a kid my friends and I would search the grass for little people, we were sure of their existence!

Jenny!!! They remember YOU!!! and they speak very fondly of you!!! LOL
Thankyou for the
!!

Cheers everyone!

G

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
That was reallly lovely story with a surprice i I always thought washing machine was a window to another dimension.. now i know better lol !
Well done

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
That was reallly lovely story with a surprice i I always thought washing machine was a window to another dimension.. now i know better lol !
Well done

Thanks Doll!
I wonder what they will be looking for tonight???
I'm pinning my socks together with clothes pegs!! LOL
G

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 10:43 PM
link   
post more

covenstead had to put up extra fairy boxes because thing did come missing and reappear there

More good sir

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I loved a book when I was a kid called the Little go exploring.
S and F

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Your a very good writer! Seriously... keep it up!

posted on Nov, 8 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Fun story with a light-hearted twist. I must have a whole colony of the little people in my house - stealing socks is just ONE of the many things I can't find...what would they do with a silver pendant? Use it as a statue? Wall art??? Smelt it into a bunch of little jewelry? *sigh*

- AB

posted on Nov, 10 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ripcontrol
post more
covenstead had to put up extra fairy boxes because thing did come missing and reappear there
More good sir

LOL - Fairy Boxes!! Now there's an idea!
Will they work on these little guys I wonder??
Thanks rip!

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
I loved a book when I was a kid called the Little go exploring.
S and F

Thanks Zazz - That sounds like they might be related to my wee guys?? LOL
Glad you liked it!
Thanks again,
G

originally posted by: OpinionatedB

Your a very good writer! Seriously... keep it up!

Aww Thanks OB, I really really do appreciate that, many thanks for stopping by!
G

originally posted by: AboveBoard
Fun story with a light-hearted twist. I must have a whole colony of the little people in my house - stealing socks is just ONE of the many things I can't find...what would they do with a silver pendant? Use it as a statue? Wall art??? Smelt it into a bunch of little jewelry? *sigh*

- AB

Hi AB!! ***waves***
Are YOU the Keeper of the Great Silver Monolith??? ALL HAIL AB!!!
The Little ones await your return.... so that you can enlighten them as to the meaning of the curious markings on the Mighty Silver Monoliths surface!
LOL

Thanks so much for taking the trouble to read and comment!
G

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I love the thought of little people or maybe fairies or something. My daughter went through a phase and we made a fairy scrapbook.

posted on Nov, 28 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: YarlanZey

It's a lovely thought Yar!
Thanks for taking the time to read and comment!
G

top topics

join