It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heard of the "Cat circle"phenomena?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657
Bacon scented tape MmmmmmMmmmmm. Will make Christmas presents that much more attractive. a reply to: Rainbowresidue

Yessss! You are right.

To: Yeahkeepwatchingme

Maybe the cats were trained to do this.

I've trained my cat to do many things: come, sit, stay, don't touch, where's hubby? ,which food do you want, etc.
I've been teaching her since she was only a couple of weeks old. She learned very fast.

I'm pretty sure I could teach her to sit in the circle on command. But I don't see the use for it, so I won't bother.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I have oriental carpets so I dont think they see the pattern. Will try on the kitchen floor. I used a string which is itself a toy. But right now they both ran up stairs to get away from me because I kept putting them in the circle and they weren't amused by that. Mia the little girl is usually up to any game but not this one and Whitey, the big old Tom cat hissed at me the second time I picked him up and put him into the circle. . He's like wtf woman??? Leave me alone. LOL. a reply to: Rainbowresidue

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I have oriental carpets so I dont think they see the pattern. Will try on the kitchen floor. I used a string which is itself a toy. But right now they both ran up stairs to get away from me because I kept putting them in the circle and they weren't amused by that. Mia the little girl is usually up to any game but not this one and Whitey, the big old Tom cat hissed at me the second time I picked him up and put him into the circle. . He's like wtf woman??? Leave me alone. LOL. a reply to: Rainbowresidue

hahaha, so your cats didn't like/care about the circle either. lol
Thanks for trying.
I'm glad it wasn't just my cat, I know she can get moody.

I didn't try putting her in the circle, but I let her see how I was making it, and was trying to encourage her to get into it, but she just stared at me, then lay down next to it, to show me how much she doesn't care.
edit on 3/11/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I had one who gave paw on command and several that played fetch when I threw a small toy. They're smarter than people think. Of course the thing they do best is ignore you. Here kitty kitty. Yawn yawn think I'll just sit here and lick my paws. reply to: Rainbowresidue

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Rainbowresidue

I think they were trained. Maybe someone thought taping an enclosed area on the ground would be useful in training them to "stay" or "sit". No idea but cats are quite intelligent and I don't think they'd fall for this.

Even the "least intelligent" dogs on the planet would figure it out.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Looks like circles all over that carpet.!!! She can't tell one from the other. Everywhere she lays she's in a circle or near one. She doesn't look any more amused than my two did. a reply to: Rainbowresidue

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Yeah but dogs will do anything for a treat and a pat on the head. a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Looks like circles all over that carpet.!!! She can't tell one from the other. Everywhere she lays she's in a circle or near one. She doesn't look any more amused than my two did. a reply to: Rainbowresidue

Yes, I know unfortunately I couldn't remove the rugs. The furniture is on it.
I don't know how she knows it, but she always seems to know when I'm trying to pull a joke on her, and gives me that face.
I'm telling you, they are smarter than we think.

"Circles? Pfft! I shall show you by ignoring it, and everything else, now feed me silly human!"

edit on 3/11/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

And how, but that's why I think this is something this particular cat was trained to do. If not trained it may think it's a game.

As I said cats are quite smart. But they're smart enough to know that everytime they perform a certain trick (for example the circle) they may receive a treat.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I live in an aprtment most evenings I'm greeted by a stray cat I call 'boo'.

Some nights he/she doesn't visit but most of the time he/she stops by just to say hi.

I pet the cat and it acts like he/she knows me but it's a stray.......aren't we all strays?

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Yeah what was that they said about the difference between cats and dogs ?

Dog: they feed me, they play with me,they pet me. They must be gods.

Cat: they feed me ,they play with me, they pet me. I must be a god.

reply to: Rainbowresidue

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Will it let you pick it up? It's pretty easy to tell the difference. reply to: notquiteinsane

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Not sure if I want to pick up a stray cat, dog, person.....

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Yeah what was that they said about the difference between cats and dogs ?

Dog: they feed me, they play with me,they pet me. They must be gods.

Cat: they feed me ,they play with me, they pet me. I must be a god.

reply to: Rainbowresidue

I like that Autuum-it makes a lot of sense,its all a matter of attitude,and perspective!

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Haha, some dogs think they're gods too.

notquiteinsane: My gf has taken in a few strays in the past. She might've gotten lucky but they're very well-behaved. I remember her telling me it's best to keep them separate from other pets for a time to make sure they're healthy, that and a visit to the vet is highly recommended.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Sorry, but I have had many cats throughout my life and this simply isn't true. They could care less about circles.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

I know! I will buy nice cat toys and they don't play with them...but....ball up a small piece of tin foil and throw it on the floor and you have an instant cat toy! They go nuts, batting it around! ...I also grow my own cat nip so they are quit spoiled little poopers!

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
"GRAB THE ROPE - WE'RE GOING CAT WRANGLING!"

Took Seiko (our adopted shelter kitty) a little under ten minutes to discover this wonderful new place to sit.

SCIENCE!

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

SCIENCE!

You did it!
You got the cat in a circle.

It works sometimes then.
On occasion a cat may be persuaded to sit in a circle.
Fantastic information.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Thanks....I was curious whether or not she'd actually do it. We did not use treats or any proactive stimulus to entice her into sitting within the circle. She's notoriously hard headed and wouldn't fall for such ploys even if we tried.

I have now sent directions for the Cat Circle Experiment via my social networking site in the quest to obtain more evidence of this strange phenomena*.

*no cats were harmed during the course of this experiment

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join