It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heard of the "Cat circle"phenomena?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
This is news to me,and may be some kind of internet hoax-but it may be for real.
Doing the rounds on places like "reddit.com"and "Imgur" are a whole host of people who seem to think that their cats are attracted to circles made from tape,belts,electrical wires etc-and that when they see a circle on the floor the cats are "compelled" to sit in the circle and do not want to leave it.

The formula for the spell is as simple as it is powerful: form a circle on the floor (tape is recommended, but pretty much anything works) and wait. Eventually your cat will enter it.
The cat will then be trapped by the magic of the circle, giving you extended, blissful periods of not having to worry whether your cat is knocking stuff off high shelves.

happyplace.someecards.com...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

(Ok so thats a heptagon rather than a circle,but these work too apparently)

Should be easy for cat owners of ATS to test out to see if this is a real phenomena,or are people just waiting for their cats to lie down then putting a circle around them.
I have goy my sister on the case and shall report back the results.

I am thinking if it works for real,I have a new lion/tiger safety system to sell you for the cheap but maybe life saving price of £500 each-

Yep,its a length of rope knotted to form a circle which you quickly chuck on the ground behind you whenever you are persued by a lion of tiger,or any big hungry cat.

edit on 3/11/2014 by Silcone Synapse because: extra words added

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

ah ha! proof cats are aliens and circles are some esoteric language in geometry.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
It didn't work....I have 2 cats....both looked at it and walked away....but...I do have an empty grocery bag that 1 one them seems to be addicted to getting into.. I suppose the opening of a bag could be round??

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I want to see someone do this with a Devil Trap from Supernatural with their cat.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

I love experiments!!!

Let's see :
cat
tape

check, check

Alas our Izzy didn't seem to care about the tape. She looked at it, then at me, then just lay down next to it.
Maybe's she not in the mood? Maybe Ginger cats don't like circles?
I don't know, but it didn't work for me, let's see if other ATS members owned by cats would be willing to try this experiment.

She's walked passed it twice since, she's actually avoiding it, walking around it.
edit on 3/11/2014 by Rainbowresidue because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: VoidFire
I want to see someone do this with a Devil Trap from Supernatural with their cat.

I love the tv series Supernatural, but I won't be drawing any devil traps in my home.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

I have to agree, I bet it anyone puts a bag on the floor, they'll find their cat MUST get in the bag.
A Circle on the floor, not so much.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Well,my sister had no luck so far either-cat ignores the circle completley..Very dissapointing.Lol.

I like ValentineWiggin's idea of waiting to get beamed up though.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Rainbowresidue

Looks like your floor has too many circles! The cat is confused. Lol

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Silcone Synapse
Well,my sister had no luck so far either-cat ignores the circle completley..Very dissapointing.Lol.

I like ValentineWiggin's idea of waiting to get beamed up though.

So, that would explain why my cat didn't want to get in the circle.
She's happy where she is.

Ps: But whenever we leave a piece of clothing somewhere, I can be sure to find her sleeping on it.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dimithae
a reply to: Rainbowresidue

Looks like your floor has too many circles! The cat is confused. Lol

Yeah, no kidding, eh.
Perhaps my cat has become immune to the circle phenomena because of my circle patterned rugs.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Having thought a bit more on the matter,I am thinking this is a hoax-otherwise we would see cats all over our roads,sitting down where they have "30" or "40" or "school" written on the roads!!
And a cat sat on every manhole on the street.

As we don't see that-I call hoax.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   

I don't know how other people have done it. Bacon scented tape?

Perhaps you are right and it was a prank/ hoax, nevertheless it was fun to try it.

Now we know.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Weird. I have two cats. I'll experiment.
I know my little girl feels compelled to sit on anything I leave on the bed. Me sweater, my pajamas, a book. Anything. reply to: Silcone Synapse

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rainbowresidue

I don't know how other people have done it. Bacon scented tape?

Perhaps you are right and it was a prank/ hoax, nevertheless it was fun to try it.

Now we know.

Maybe folks have been putting cats in a circle and then giving them treats over and over,until the cats head for the circle expecting a treat?
Haha.
Hey thanks for helping with the experiment!
up:

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Grocery bags and empty boxes are particularity attractive to cats. These and wire bread ties but only the paper covered ones. The plastic coated one's are somehow unappealing. We call them free cat toys. a reply to: Meldionne1

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   

You're very welcome.

It was in the name of science, and curiosity.

I'm also curious to see whether AutumnWitch has any better luck .

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Bacon scented tape MmmmmmMmmmmm. Will make Christmas presents that much more attractive. a reply to: Rainbowresidue

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I think this is a hoax or something someone's cat does.

Felines are very smart animals and even after awhile they're able to figure many things out.

Unless that cat was trained to do that I'm sticking with hoax or something this individual cat is fond of doing.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join