It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Not Again! US Trained Syrian "Moderates" Surrender To Jihadists - Hand Over Heavy Weapons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
[url=http://www.zerohedge.com...]http://www.zero hedge.com/news/2014-11-03/not-again-us-trained-syrian-moderates-surrender-jihadists-hand-over-heavy-weapons[/url

OK MY FELLOW ATSer's, Now this is just becoming A Joke, so why do we keep sending heavy weapons over to our "Moderate Friends? if all they do is just keep giving them up to "The Bad Guys"?

This is getting ridiculous! Haven't we learned our lesson from this Mosh Pit that. Nobody can be trusted and that all of these devious villains LIE!

O just don't know what to think of this bleeding mess we've gotten ourselves into. Our economy is in a shambles yet we just keep throwing more fuel on the fire in this never ending cycle of violence.

Anyway, if you have any thoughts, replies, rants or raves, all would be most welcome.

Thanks All for reading and Peace
Arjunanda.

MODS, IF YOU HABVE TO MOVE THIS THREAD TO A MORE APPROPRIATE PLACE, THEN "NO PROBLEMA MAN, BART SIMPSON".

Despite the Obama Administration continuing to insist that its strategy in Syria is "working," The Telegraph reports that two of the main rebel groups receiving weapons from the US to fight both the regime and jihadist groups in Syria have surrendered to al-Qaeda. Rather stunningly, the Syrian Revolutionary Front, one of the largest "vetted, moderate" US-backed rebel forces, has been effectively wiped out; and has handed over all their weapons and bases including US-provided anti-tank missiles and GRAD rockets. Simply out, "as a movement, the SRF is effectively finished," but apart from that US foreign policy is 'nailing it'. As The Telegraph concludes, for the US, the weapons they supplied falling into the hands of al-Qaeda is a realisation of a nightmare.
As The Telegraph reports (via Contra Corner),

Two of the main rebel groups receiving weapons from the United States to fight both the regime and jihadist groups in Syria have surrendered to al-Qaeda.

The US and its allies were relying on Harakat Hazm and the Syrian Revolutionary Front to become part of a ground force that would attack the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (Isil).

For the last six months the Hazm movement, and the SRF through them, had been receiving heavy weapons from the US-led coalition, including GRAD rockets and TOW anti-tank missiles.

But on Saturday night Harakat Hazm surrendered military bases and weapons supplies to Jabhat al-Nusra, when the al-Qaeda affiliate in Syria stormed villages they controlled in northern Idlib province.

The development came a day after Jabhat al-Nusra dealt a final blow to the SRF, storming and capturing Deir Sinbal, home town of the group’s leader Jamal Marouf.

The attack caused the group, which had already lost its territory in Hama to al-Qaeda, to surrender.

"As a movement, the SRF is effectively finished,” said Aymen al-Tammimi, a Syria analyst. “Nusra has driven them out of their strongholds of Idlib and Hama.”

The collapse of the SRF and attacks on Harakat Hazm have dramatically weakened the presence of moderate rebel fighting groups in Syria, which, after almost four years of conflict is increasingly becoming a battle ground between the Syrian regime and jihadist organisations.

For the United States, the weapons they supplied falling into the hands of al-Qaeda is a realisation of a nightmare.
And Anti-War's Jason Dietz sums up perfectly...

The Obama Administration continues to insist that its strategy in Syria is “working,” but the setbacks on the ground are growing more dramatic by the day, and the Syrian Revolutionary Front, one of the largest “vetted, moderate” US-backed rebel forces, has been effectively wiped out.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
they're quick with their play-books aren't they...msm?

i guess funding these drops will continue, eh?

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Many think these are part of the plan.

Maybe they are using controlled opposition to hida an agenda.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I wish Putin would help Assad better to help fight the jihadist zombies. This whole war is a f $^_":_ joke.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:46 AM
link   
YEAH XIENCHEN, I CAN SEE YOUR POINT, HIDING AN AGRNDA. I THINKS THE TURKS ARE MUCH DEEPER IN THIS POS THAN ANYONE HERE REALLY IMAGINES. Kinda like The Pakistanis in Afghanistan. Nice Reply and Thank You for your input always
Arjunada a reply to: xuenchen

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Would have been too hard to just destroy the weapons as they retreated i suppose?

Isn't it patently obvious what's going on by now?

US and UK want to regime change Assad, can't get away with the thrice failed chemical frame up, arm the 'rebels' that doesn't work, so now arrange for the sudden appearance to the stage of ISIS, who handily, get to lay hands on all those spanking new weapons just 'left' for them to play with.

ISIS is a construct, a deliberately created regime change tool.

It's more obvious by the day.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Yep your'e right on that MysterX, considering who trained them and where and where they have a Embassy set up, I'd say you are spot on with your analysis, Nice Reply and A Star for you, Thank You
Arjunanda. a reply to: MysterX

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

Yep you are completely right. That's why Putin is begging us to back down. If we topple Assad for our hegemonic goals Russia has no choice but to go to war. Syria is the last straw. The arrogance and greed of our fascist nation is unparalleled. We started off as Rome and evolved into a far more sophisticated version of Nazi Germany. Hitler is giving America a golf clap deep down in hell.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
It depends on which part of Iraq and Syria, Turkey you focus on...

This article is on the fight for Kobane :

(Nov 3) Military situation in Kobane

A combined force of Syrian fighters and Iraqi Kurdish Peshmerga have launched a new offensive near the besieged border town of Kobane, attacking king Islamic State positions in villages west of the city, according to Peshmerga officers involved.

A US-coalition airstrike hit an Islamic State (ISIS) target in the western outskirts of Kobane at approximately 3:30 am on Monday, paving the way for a new attack on militant-controlled areas.

The main combat force involved is the Syrian Kurdish People’s Protection Units (YPG), but they were accompanied by Peshmerga operating heavy weapons as well as a small number of Free Syrian Army (FSA) soldiers.

Fighting concentrated around four villages west of Kobane: Al Badour, Manaze, Arbosh, and Chigor.

Peshmerga officers told Rudaw that as of Monday afternoon they have yet to control any of the villages, but were making steady progress.

Syrian YPG forces held out against ISIS fighters for two weeks without outside assistance before coalition airstrikes began hitting ISIS vehicles and positions around the town. They waited another six weeks before FSA and Peshmerga fighters joined them on the ground.

Since the Peshmerga arrived with much needed heavy weapons, the combined anti-ISIS force of approximately 2,000 fighters have started to reverse gains made by the 3,000-4,000 Islamic State militants in the area.
link

And Kobane is Key in the Bigger Picture.......

Pax

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45
a reply to: MysterX

Yep you are completely right. That's why Putin is begging us to back down. If we topple Assad for our hegemonic goals Russia has no choice but to go to war. Syria is the last straw. The arrogance and greed of our fascist nation is unparalleled. We started off as Rome and evolved into a far more sophisticated version of Nazi Germany. Hitler is giving America a golf clap deep down in hell.

For some reason the image of hitler golf clapping from hell made me lol

This is just a fancy way of running arms. I would imagine as soon as the tptb manage to kick start wwIII whatever is left of the human race will be completely enslaved. At least it doesn't look like there will be a wwIV. Third time is the charm I suppose.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
That's all well and good...

If these rebel groups ever existed!

Day by day, it seems more likely, that IS is an agenda driven group put together by the U.S, Saudi Arabia & the Terrorist State Of Israel...

I put it to ATS that these 2 rebel groups never existed and the training and weapons went to people that were known to be expected to join IS...

All to add more problems to Assad's government!

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Not surprised one bit... This is just a common theme when it comes to Syria and how people still buy the bs is beyond me.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 08:18 PM
link   
You have to admit it was pretty sneaky the way the U.S. turned the whole situation around in 10 years from terrorist coming to America to blow things up to terrorist staying in the middle east and fighting each other.

I think the government doesn`t care who has the weapons as long as the weapons stay over there and are used over there to destabilize the middle east, it`s a win for the U.S.
edit on 3-11-2014 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
You have to admit it was pretty sneaky the way the U.S. turned the whole situation around in 10 years from terrorist coming to America to blow things up to terrorist staying in the middle east and fighting each other.

I think the government doesn`t care who has the weapons as long as the weapons stay over there and are used over there to destabilize the middle east, it`s a win for the U.S.

A win for the US? This is an epic failure for the world and it was likely constructed by US spooks.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

Keeping the Middle East destabilized has been a staple of American foreign policy for decades. We are a very sneaky genocidal fascist empire

Nice that you realize there was no war on terror, just a war for hegemonic goals.

It's a win for the US in the short term and a loss for ALL OF HUMANITY in the long term.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: arjunanda

These invented Jihadists are the most formiable fighting forces the world has ever seen even no one supports them finances them, organsies them and they sprung up out of nowhere.

I'm sure if the people who own them they could make the same thing happen in Palistine.

Grab a damn brain. They are a creation of the CIA to get rid Assad from Syria because the US suffered too much of an embarrassment last time they tired so they have simply learned and now use a hired, invented millit-tree force that looks like none the US would ordinarly have in their back pocket.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus

Incorrect. It is not a win for the US, it's a win for Israel, who ultimately drives US foreign policy in the Middle East. Keep the turmoil going in it's neighbours and reap the rewards. Ever wonder why, with so many crazy Jihadist groups on their doorstep, they are not being attacked, yet use the existence of those groups as a means to extract more money from the US, amongst others?

Israel has been aiding the Syrian rebels and then ISIS since day one, providing intel, equipment and medical facilities, as well as air cover along the border, preventing Syrian forces from getting close.

The ultimate goal is to have pliable and controlled "leaders" installed in all neighbouring states, and to extend their borders and make more land grabs, all for their "security" of course! The US, UK and others merely supply the cannon fodder and bombs. After all, can't have the chosenites paying for it all, and we all saw how badly they performed against people who shoot back in 2006.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: arjunanda
[url=http://www.zerohedge.com...]http://www.zero hedge.com/news/2014-11-03/not-again-us-trained-syrian-moderates-surrender-jihadists-hand-over-heavy-weapons[/url

OK MY FELLOW ATSer's, Now this is just becoming A Joke, so why do we keep sending heavy weapons over to our "Moderate Friends? if all they do is just keep giving them up to "The Bad Guys"?

Because the Military Industrial Complex makes money in the original sale to questionable "Moderates" and then makes additional money supplying US troops and friendly nations to combat those same "Moderates" they just armed.

Win + Win..

Hell, that aint conspiracy..that is capitalism at it's finest.

www.globalissues.org...
edit on 4-11-2014 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: MysterX
Would have been too hard to just destroy the weapons as they retreated i suppose?

Isn't it patently obvious what's going on by now?

US and UK want to regime change Assad, can't get away with the thrice failed chemical frame up, arm the 'rebels' that doesn't work, so now arrange for the sudden appearance to the stage of ISIS, who handily, get to lay hands on all those spanking new weapons just 'left' for them to play with.

ISIS is a construct, a deliberately created regime change tool.

It's more obvious by the day.

The rebels were never intended to work. Nato and Opec do not want the rebels in charge of Syria. They want their own outfit in charge of Syria. To achieve that ISIS needs to crush the rebels and Assad, so that Nato can liberate Syria. They are working well to supply ISIS. Oh we are not arming and training ISIS, its all just blowback.
edit on 4-11-2014 by Merinda because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Now where have I seen this before? Wait, don't tell me.....

Got it.

new topics

top topics

join