It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MAD Punishment - 20 years in prison for Palestinians that throw rocks at cars.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45
a reply to: EaglesFan

Hehe, I've never met a right wing Christian nutjob who supports Palestine. The world never stops surprising me.

I'm not a Christian... Only a child would adopt that religion because it's nothing more than a fairytale for gullible idiots.
edit on 3-11-2014 by EaglesFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

i was being sarcastic.

its never a good idea to throw rocks at cars.

I know this from personal experience.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

So why knock Israel for being godless of you are godless? Or are you Jewish or something? Also why the anti gay rhetoric?

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: AnuTyr

It seems a fine idea if your nation is oppressed. What other option is there? Lie down and take it?

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I don't know what the situation is in your country, but where I live throwing a rock at a vehicle is attempted murder. That's a stiff charge that brings a stiff punishment. Because of this, throwing rocks at vehicles is nearly unheard of where I live. It isn't worth killing someone or going to jail for trying to kill someone. How is what Israel is doing any different than what they do where I live? Jail time is often believed to be a deterrent for those who desire to commit such acts. Israel is trying to get people to stop throwing rocks at other people. It's called government.

I get that you despise Israel. But maybe your hate is preventing you from recognizing what is a common and reasonable solution to crime.
edit on 11-3-2014 by TruthLover557 because: I needed to edit something. That's my reason.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthLover557

It's not crime though. Crime is doing such a thing in a peaceful society. They are being slaughtered and are so disarmed and helpless (the civilians at least) that they resort to throwing stones, literally the lowest form of weaponry, to vent their anger and frustration. Expecting non violence from a people being systematically slaughtered is a bit much in my opinion.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   

So why knock Israel for being godless if you are godless?

Because I'm not Godless, I recently pledged allegiance to the faith of Islam...

Or are you Jewish or something? Also why the anti gay rhetoric?

I'm not Jewish, and I only mentioned Homosexuals because when I think of Israel I think of Jewish settlers and Homosexuals, even Brothels and Prostitution like a true secular nation without high morals.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

I do not believe it is right for people to use weapons against other people for the purpose of venting anger and frustration. I guess that is where we disagree.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: voyger2

I take it that you have never been hit in the head by a rock or had your windshield shattered by a rock while driving? If you had you would know that it is a deadly and dangerous action not an act of protest.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Oh that explains a lot. Good reminder for someone like me who constantly defends Muslims that there is some truth to what people say about them. Thanks for giving fodder to the anti Muslims with your bigotry.

Thankfully I'm not ignorant enough to judge all of Islam by one such as yourself.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:11 PM
link   

a reply to: guitarplayer

A rock is less dangerous than assault rifles, pistols, tanks, and artillery. This isn't kids throwing rocks at cars from a highway overpass in some pleasant peaceful suburb.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:19 PM
link   

This isn't kids throwing rocks at cars from a highway overpass in some pleasant peaceful suburb.

No it is not that but it is just as dangerous to throw rocks at anyone at any time. We use to play a game where we would get two teams standing a each end of a dirt road and throw dirt clods at each other’s team until someone threw a rock and damn near put someone’s eye out. They are lucky they are not throwing rocks at me I'd run the asses over and never look back. Instant Karma.
edit on 3-11-2014 by guitarplayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   

You are correct. Throwing rocks is dangerous. It's a bit of a meaningless point given the situation in this part of the world. Point taken though.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   

You are correct. Throwing rocks is dangerous. It's a bit of a meaningless point given the situation in this part of the world. Point taken though.

Under your premise where else in the world would it be ok to throw rocks since it is such a meaningless point to discuss Israel and their situation.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   

It's not meaningless to discuss Israel and their situation.

It's meaningless to discuss that "all violence is wrong, throwing rocks is bad" in a place where the risk throwers are being systemically exterminated with advanced weaponry and logistics.

Under my premise I would say any place where th e rock throwers are being systematically slaughtered. Myanmar, central African republic etc. etc.

I think we all know violence is bad but you are saying David should be disarmed of his slingshot while fighting a Goliath who is not disarmed because David would be wrong to use violence.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   

More oppression from history's most hypocritical and backwards nation. I guess the lessons of the holocaust just flew right over their head.

What lessons of the holocaust are you referring to exactly?

It's not meaningless to discuss Israel and their situation.

It's meaningless to discuss that "all violence is wrong, throwing rocks is bad" in a place where the risk throwers are being systemically exterminated with advanced weaponry and logistics.

Under my premise I would say any place where th e rock throwers are being systematically slaughtered. Myanmar, central African republic etc. etc.

I think we all know violence is bad but you are saying David should be disarmed of his slingshot while fighting a Goliath who is not disarmed because David would be wrong to use violence.

I don’t think he was saying that at all. He was saying rocks hurt really bad when they hit your body.

The irony in using David and Goliath to illustrate your point is really too much. Goliath was a Philistine (aka Palestinian). David was King of Israel. David defeated Goliath because the Lord empowered him to do so. The Lord established David king over Israel. David was not great because he was the underdog and won; he was great because the Lord was behind him. And what the Lord is behind no man can stop; what he has established, no one can change.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Don't be naive. Of course throwing rocks to "cars" is dangerous and criminal.
Palestinians don't have guided missiles (courtesy of US) to fight against the oppressor that humiliate, suffocate, beat, steal, poison, starve, terrorizes and murder them.
What do you think about that?
How many years to criminalize everyone (special the Israeli government) that contribute for each one of those criminal acts?

Jus Cogens (peremptory norm)

(..) is a fundamental principle of international law that is accepted by the international community of states as a norm from which no derogation is permitted.

jus cogens includes the prohibition of genocide, maritime piracy, slaving in general (to include slavery as well as the slave trade), torture, non-refoulement and wars of aggression and territorial aggrandizement

Generally included are prohibitions on waging aggressive war, crimes against humanity, war crimes, maritime piracy, genocide, apartheid, slavery, torture. As an example, international tribunals have held that it is impermissible for a state to acquire territory through war

One positive right considered to be a peremptory norm is the right to use self-defense

Jus Cogens

Right of self-defense:

The right of self-defense (according to U.S. law)(..) is the right for civilians acting on their own behalf to engage in a level of violence, called reasonable force or defensive force, for the sake of defending one's own life or the lives of others, including, in certain circumstances, the use of deadly force.

theorists such as George Fletcher and Robert Schopp have adopted European concepts of autonomy in their liberal theories to justify the right-holder using all necessary force to defend his or her autonomy and rights.

New York Penal Law section 35.15 effectively ordains that:
"A person may... use DEADLY physical force upon another person" "when and to the extent he reasonably believes such to be NECESSARY to defend himself or a third person from what he reasonably believes to be .... a kidnapping, forcible rape, forcible sodomy or ROBBERY; or (c) ... a burglary...."

edit on 4/11/2014 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

The lesson of the holocaust was that blind hatred of the other and overbearing nationalistic fervor and militarism is incredibly dangerous. That's the irony, Israel is acting exactly like the Nazis.

I'm aware of the irony of using David and Goliath. It was very intentional. I used it in the modern secular reading of the underdog story. In the original David was a Jewish and God was on his side. The roles seem reversed now. The Jews love playing the underdog but they are far from underdogs now.

FYI the God of Israel is also the God of Christianity and Islam.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Define 'rock'. It's not a brick. It's not a boulder. It's a rock. Punishment sounds too harsh. Way too harsh.

There were some kids throwing cinder blocks off bridges onto cars, and they got into a lot of trouble, as well they should have.

But throwing a rock? Sounds more like brat-behavior than attempted homicide.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Oh that explains a lot. Good reminder for someone like me who constantly defends Muslims that there is some truth to what people say about them. Thanks for giving fodder to the anti Muslims with your bigotry.

You can remind yourself about what ever you want but not everyone has the same beliefs as you either whether you consider it bigotry or not.. It just shows that you cannot tolerate someone who have a completely different outlook to yourself and that in itself is ignorant. Your responses show me that also.

Thankfully I'm not ignorant enough to judge all of Islam by one such as yourself.

Your opinion about Islam is moot... People like myself don't need you defending us, you probably don't know the first thing about Islam to begin with and why you would bother defending Muslims without a background understanding of the faith baffles me. What are you? Some online warrior or something? If I don't like Homosexuality, that is my choice.. It doesn't mean I'm going to go out and persecute Homosexuals or anything, I just don't agree with the behavior and that is what it is btw, A BEHAVIOR.

Homosexuality is strictly forbidden in every Monotheistic Religion so regardless of whether you call me a bigot or not, I am not going to turn against the teachings of my religion to make you or anyone else happy. My religion has higher morals than you ever will pal. But with that also, I can handle being called a Bigot, the question is can you handle being called a Satanist? And that is the reason also your defence of Muslims is worthless and funny.
edit on 4-11-2014 by EaglesFan because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join