It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, I Went To The Cemetery On Halloween, And Took Pictures.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Cannon Powershot SX50HS.
I take a lot of pictures of the wildlife in the woods, and I love that I can zoom in so far, without all the extra lenses, and the pics are still so crisp and clear.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: hillbilly4rent
Had to go look that up, never heard of it. Again, not much at night pictures, unless it's fireworks or around a campfire.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

If you are into taking pictures at night try using infrared lens and use a tripod. Slow down the shutter speed. You will pick up more detailed info.

The way you are doing it now is a waste of time..... unless you get lucky.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

You never know, people who spend all their lives taking pics in hopes of finding a ghost could never find something, while someone who isn't looking for one can get several.

I think this phenomena presents itself whenever it wants to.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme

You never know, people who spend all their lives taking pics in hopes of finding a ghost could never find something, while someone who isn't looking for one can get several.

I second that out of all the thousands of photos I have taken I've only had one with something strange in it. It was a trick of light and shadows, but cool none the less.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Color, as we see it, is only a small part of the light spectrum. Ranging from violet to deep red it occupies wavelengths from around 380 nanometres (nm) to 750nm; shorter wavelengths become Ultraviolet, while longer wavelengths are Infrared (IR).

Although these extremities of light cannot be seen with a naked eye, they can be picked up by our camera’s sensor. For conventional photography this can be detrimental, and so manufacturers equip their sensors with UV and infrared filters, to protect against them.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

The dead have problems separating themselves from their body. One reason why the dead hang out in the cemeteries. I recommend cremation - this way the dead have one less reason to hang around. So if you are looking for a ghost, go to your local cemetery on a full moon with an I.R equipped camera with tripod and you will have a better chance of catching something strange on film.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
for what it's worth...the "anomaly" appears to be behind the tombstone...obscuring at least one tiny bit of the shape.

You could humor us and upload some more photos of the same spot if you have any...you said you got many more. Any from the same or similar position ?

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

Not exactly the same position, as I kept turning and shooting. Then even through the carharts, I got cold and had to stand up.

But I have these that are similar, of the same tombstone

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   

So if the top one is soon after the original ones in question, looks like the mist(paranormal or what have you) moved on to the graves in the background after it tried to manifest in the first image-head and body sections trying to appear. Not to say that's what it was but surely interesting. From this can at least take that it wasn't a reflection of the light colored gravestone, but rather another anomaly. Maybe due to the weather, as explained in the op, which it can be that in some instances. I've taken a series of images before, mist appeared in only one digital shot, wasn't able to debunk it. It was a clear sunny day then.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I find you can tell a lot about a cemetery by the depth of the graves and quality of the latrines.
I'd much rather lose just a couple of thumbnails visiting a shallow grave than a whole appendage thinking happy thoughts.

edit on 4-11-2014 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Thanks, I'll check it out! My camera is getting old.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

From personal experience, graveyards are relativity peaceful places and they are probably the last place you'd expect to see something paranormal. I could spend a night in my local cemetery and not see anything.

This is exactly what I was going to say. Many people seem to think graveyards would be a good place for such activity, when in reality there are not any good reasons for a ghost to be there...At least going by the conventional paranormal wisdom anyway. In fact, back in the old days graveyards were much happier places than today, considering they were often recreational locations. Anyway, generally speaking I always dismiss pictures like this for use as evidence simply because there are more natural explanations than paranormal explanations. The best evidence is the kind that is unmistakable, such as a relatively clear figure, or the type of evidence that either has to be real or hoaxed, with no in between. Something is reflecting light in this image, and it could be dirt or even fog/water vapor. Something catches the light just right, and you could end up with all kinds of reflections. This is why I dismiss orbs as well, although bugs are the usual culprits. I do not think ghosts reflect light in this way either, which is another reason I dismiss all orbs. So you get an A for effort in my opinion, and there is no harm in asking what others think, but I just think that there is a natural explanation...even if we cannot pinpoint it exactly.
edit on 11/5/14 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2014 @ 12:28 AM
link   
we need some thermal pics with the new iphone flir camera..
not trying to pimp a product, but it would be very cool

a reply to: swanne

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join