It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rogue pastors endorse candidates, but IRS looks away

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Article from Politico claims a huge number of "rogue Christian pastors" are actually endorsing political candidates more than ever before.

Seems the cited ones are more in favor of Republicans in a round about way.

The IRS seems lazy so far as they say.

501(c)(3) in jeopardy I would think.

A record number of rogue Christian pastors are endorsing candidates from the pulpit this election cycle, using Sunday sermons to defiantly flout tax rules.

Their message to the IRS: Sue me.

But the tax agency is doing anything but. Although the IRS was sued itself for not enforcing the law and admitted about 100 churches may be breaking the rules, the pastors and their critics alike say the agency is looking the other way. The agency refuses to say if it is acting.

Sue 'EM !!!

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

The IRS seems to be selective in past dealings with religious organizations. So they are backing off, until they can without a doubt, bust/tax such organizations.

Islam for instance is not just a religion, it is also a political force. (The five Pillars of Islam) But you don't see the IRS targeting them.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Article from Politico claims a huge number of "rogue Christian pastors" are actually endorsing political candidates more than ever before.

Seems the cited ones are more in favor of Republicans in a round about way.

The IRS seems lazy so far as they say.

501(c)(3) in jeopardy I would think.

A record number of rogue Christian pastors are endorsing candidates from the pulpit this election cycle, using Sunday sermons to defiantly flout tax rules.

Their message to the IRS: Sue me.

But the tax agency is doing anything but. Although the IRS was sued itself for not enforcing the law and admitted about 100 churches may be breaking the rules, the pastors and their critics alike say the agency is looking the other way. The agency refuses to say if it is acting.

Sue 'EM !!!

"Congress shall make no law (see above) regarding the establishment of religion nor prohibiting the free exercise thereof."

In other words, if a Pastor or church wants to say who it thinks based on it's religious moral view who is best qualified to be in office, they and churches can do so without oppression from the government. The IRS looks the other way because they have determined that they will lose any case brought to the Supreme Court on this.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   

We wrap ourselves in so many laws and rules and regulations that it is impossible to say or do anything without violating a law or breaking a law by offending.

These laws are created to keep everyone silent.

Regardless of your religious/political beliefs, you should be free to speak out, endorse, criticise whomever you wish without fear of reprisal.

This goes for all shades of the political spectrum.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
How could this be? The godless Obama not attacking the opposition with IRS. free speech belongs with people not organizations. If they want to play politics they can, just give up their tax free status. It's that simple.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: damwel

It's completely impossible to not throw Obama under the bus for anything and everything, is it? I guess you guys respect him a lot. You think he runs every organization in the government personally. I don't think we've ever has a president as active and powerful as Obama if you are correct. Maybe he should just become dictator and fix our broken country since he's so good at running things.

So which is it? All powerful or weak and spineless? It can't be both.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

You have to remember an important distinction:

If something happens, it's all-powerful illuminati Obama pulling the strings behind scenes because he's a cunning and powerful man with his GODLESS claws in every organization of power ever.

If something bad is allowed by the government to happen, it's spineless and weak Obama doing nothing because he's a weak, GODLESS coward that's ACTUALLY being controlled by the illuminati/jews/aliens/etc.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

He's not Godless. He's a Muslim right?

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Churches and Pastors can say whatever they want to about politics.

Churches and Pastors cannot spend money on politics.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

Muslim=Godless in the far-right under-educated mind

Or, perhaps being a Muslim makes you DOUBLE GODLESS.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Obama isn't Godless is he?

He and Michelle were married in Jeremiah Wright's Emeritus of Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago.

Hmmm.

But that was all probably for show?

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   

I'm an atheist, but I had my first marriage in a church. My then partner was atheist too. We both agreed to have the ceremony in a church for a few reasons. First, ease of access and planning. Most churches are well versed in wedding prep and have plenty of seating area. Second, consideration for our families. Though we were atheist (well, I am an atheist, my then partner was agnostic), we wanted our families to feel comfortable, and many of them wanted us to have a traditional ceremony. A wedding is just as much about joining two families as it is a joining of two people.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Sue 'EM !!!

But then we wouldn't get protests and talking points about religious freedom being under attack from the tyrannical, lawless Obama administration.

Don't you get it man? Religious freedom is under attack because pastor's aren't allowed to say whatever they want from the pulpit! Even if it does violate the 501(c)(3) guidelines!

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 06:47 PM
link   

It seems to be that LBJ in in 1953 or 54 sent a bill through the senate that basicly was GAG order on any 501c from political speech it was approved by the Dems and Repubs when it passed the senate. Up to that point 501c were no muzzled from political speech. LBJ introduced the bill because of the opposition he was getting from the churches.

top topics

join