It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If I formed a political party......

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Im UK so some of this is mainly UK orientated but if your American, Canadian or a Aussie you welcome to participate.

Here what my policy's would be....

1) Ban high leverage trading Unless the bank or trading company has the hard assets to back that trade up.

2) Ban trading using the money from personal accounts unless a bank specially states it will to the customer and outline the risks.

3) Enforce corporate tax laws between the USA/UK/EU/Australia/New Zealand, no tax avoidance schemes all those allied major economy have to work together to root out tax havens ect

4) Equal law enforcement for rich and poor. No "to big to jail".

5) Proportional fines. What the point of giving a billionaire a £60 fine for speeding? Id make fine into percentages of income.

5) Bank or business fraud should be cracked down on HARD. If a corporation is caught doing something illegal then the director (s) need to be held accountable. If a Bank or corporation loses everyone money doing something illegal then the CEO get his personal asset liquidated to help repair that damage.

6) Ban lobbying. Politicians are there to serve the people not big business. If big business wants to see a politician then they need to book a appointment like the general public, protest outside, attend the same community meetings as the general public.

7) Make all politicians declare who has funded them with the exact amounts and also were that money has gone (IE to make sure it goes on campaigns not to line pockets).

8) Life imprisonment for political corruption as its akin to treason.

9 Heavy fines for every lie a politician makes. If they cant meet a promise or go back on a pledge then it needs to go to court and if they cant give a reasonable excuse why they did not do what they said, fine them or imprison them if it has major effects. To put it another way it will be perjury and anything said in parliament will be treated like in a court of law with politicians forced to take a oath of honesty.

10) Tie a politicians wage to the national average income so if the economy does well they get rewarded, if the economy does badly they suffer. For every percent the economy grow they get a bonus for every percent the economy contracts they get a penalty

11) If the unemployment rate goes over 8% then politicians only get welfare you suffer they suffer alongside the public!

12) If a war is declared then every politician who votes in favour with a brother/sister// son/daughter/Grandchildren or nephews of age has to have one conscripted into military service! As enlisted too not officers!

13) Total legalisation of cannabis with a tax on recreational purchases.

14) Decriminalisation of all drugs for possession (manufacturing/trafficking and dealing would still be dealt with with harsh penalty's)

14) True sentencing. No giving 15 years and walking out on parole in 7. a sentence will mean what it says.

15) Life means life. No parole period. This would be for murder, treason, child rape and political corruption.

16) Split the prison system into two parts. One that operates on a more rehabilitation orientated method for non violent crimes. And a more traditional punishment orientated system for serious and violent crimes such as murder/rape/paedophilia. There would be a transfer to the rehabilitation system for the final 20% of sentence or 40% for good behaviour (would take the place of early release)

17) Free tuition for STEM degrees. BUT university can charge what they like for non vital degrees.

18)Crack down on UK welfare health tourism. I would introduce welfare and NHS ID cards. all British Citizen would get a NHS ID card. The NHS would be free at point of access still for anyone with a card. For non UK citizen charges will be brought in. Immigrants that have paid NI for 5 years can apply for a card.

19) The welfare card as mentioned above to be issued to UK citizens and those that have paid NI for 5 years. No card NO WELFARE, no exceptions end of.

20) EU referendum.

21) A UK bill of rights/ constitution and consult the UK public as to what they want in it.

21) Abolish the house of lords and instead appoint a mixture of Judges and long serving magistrates as these will be the best qualified people to look over new laws.
edit on 3-11-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Well, this blood thirsty, gun lovin' 'Merican loves your ideas!

S&F!

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

Well, this blood thirsty, gun lovin' 'Merican loves your ideas!

S&F!

Well I formed my ideas round common sense so I hope they would appeal to a wider audience

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
If I formed a political party, there would be lots of booze.
Just kidding.
From what I know of history, many parties had very good reason for forming, but after they get a taste of power they seem to get rotten.
Take this for example:

8) Life imprisonment for political corruption as its akin to treason.

That would get changed shortly after the party achieved a majority... IMO.

edit on b000000302014-11-03T08:04:49-06:0008America/ChicagoMon, 03 Nov 2014 08:04:49 -0600800000014 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Just kidding.

The sad part is that is already the case......

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Just kidding.

The sad part is that is already the case......

As an American, I would be curious to see how much money is spent by elected officials in Washington DC and the suburban area around it. Just the amount that a couple of Kennedys spent would be shocking, I am sure.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   

From what I know of history, many parties had very good reason for forming, but after they get a taste of power they seem to get rotten.

Thats why I think a very tight constitution and a house of lord comprised of judges and magistrates randomly picked that vett any new laws and regulations and make sure they comply with the new constitution would help ease that.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Several of your ideas would be civil rights violations.
Fines bases on income.
Draft somebody's children.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 09:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hoosierdaddy71
Several of your ideas would be civil rights violations.
Fines bases on income.
Draft somebody's children.

So what? Maybe those "civil rights" need a rethink?

Well what is the point of fines if they dont serve as punishments for a crime? A £60 fine for someone on £10K is going to hurt a £60 fine for someone who is on £10,000 a week? That something you laugh off! May as well abolish fines as the punishment is not equal and there for justice is not blind. Only way for a fine to be a fair and effective punishment that effects one equally is for them to be a percent of income.

As for Draft? Well politicians should not be happy be send other peoples sons and daughters off to war while they sit in there offices drinking champaign......... If they think a war is so right and just they should be happy to send there own blood out to fight and not expect others to do there dirty work for them risk free. My idea would make sure when a politician sends a country to war it going to be for a dam good reason!

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

You sound rather Libertarian to me, which, IMO, is a good thing.

I like your ideas. Particularly the stuff about tying Congress' (or Parliament's) salaries to general income and holding CEOs liable for the actions of their corporations.

If I may add a plank to your platform, I would like to see campaign contributions go to a common fund. Anyone could contribute as much as they want, but all monies would go to a central fund to be to be evenly distributed among all parties that have a candidate in the race. No direct contributions to any campaign would be allowed and no candidate would be allowed to use any personal money.

I think this would accomplish a few things. Firstly, it would level the playing field and give all candidates an equal chance to be seen and heard. In the US, there are actually several parties that present their candidate for any given election, but most don't recieve the massive corporate contributions that Democrats and Republicans get.

Secondly, it would give the public an indication of which candidates are better money managers. If they can run a successful campaign with limited funds, I think they would be more likely to run government affairs the same way.

Lastly, it would prevent candidates feeling obliged to repay favors to large contributors.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: N3k9Ni

Thats a pretty interesting idea.

And yeah you can see where the candidates priority are with money management.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

So what.. seriously?

What give you the right to decide what's fair?
I drive a nicer car so I should be punished more severe? Might as well swing that judgemental pendulum back the other way. Let's punish those that don't contribute to the greater good. Sterilize anybody on welfare for more on a year or two. Can we do that or would that not be considered fair?

And drafting politicians kids would be a joke. Remember your prince served? Think he ever was really at risk? And if you put them on the front lines would you want to share a foxhole with one? That's one big target I would want to avoid.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 09:31 AM
link   

I would support the Ewok act to a degree. But minister Cake has a few suggestions.

Proposition 3 should be the first to be ratified. Billions of dollars in taxes are lost due to corporate loopholes and all those lost dollars could help fill the coffers.

Proposition 7 needs a dedicated task force to counter corporate crooks from using proxies and offshore havens, and those abroad who are found guilty of aiding them would be extradited and tried under the new laws. Those companies would be deregistered until their misused funds are redistributed amongst the victims and the employees and more ethical administrators are found.

Proposition 10 and 11 should be performance based. If certain factors like growth or unemployment do not meet analyst projections, then elected officials would be penalized for every denomination lost eg 30,000 dollars for every .1 percent of growth lost or .1 percent of unemployment gained. Bonuses do not apply to positive figures.

Proposition 13 needs careful consideration. Authorized growers will need to pay corporate taxes based on their earnings, and their products would be taxed according to the quantity of cannabis purchased.

And I'd like to introduce proposition 22- the 'your way' act. Each taxpayer will be free to designate a small percentage of their taxes to a to a cause of their choosing eg roads, science, etc and those taxes will have a dedicated treasurer looking over them and the funds will remain untouchable until an appropriate use for them is found.

I need to stop now, politics always gives me a headache.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Hey there Ewok... check out my party's (see avatar) platform: national guillotine party (ngparty.org)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
a
Proposition 3 should be the first to be ratified. Billions of dollars in taxes are lost due to corporate loopholes and all those lost dollars could help fill the coffers.

Agreed.

In fact the sooner the loopholes are closed the sooner we can lower corporation tax and further encourage business growth.

Proposition 7 needs a dedicated task force to counter corporate crooks from using proxies and offshore havens, and those abroad who are found guilty of aiding them would be extradited and tried under the new laws. Those companies would be deregistered until their misused funds are redistributed amongst the victims and the employees and more ethical administrators are found.

Agreed. I also ban the use of debt and credit cards linked to proxy accounts and block bank transaction from them. sure feel free to set up a proxy account in Qatar or the caymans but that account will be useless in the UK until it abides by UK laws and tax codes.

Proposition 10 and 11 should be performance based. If certain factors like growth or unemployment do not meet analyst projections, then elected officials would be penalized for every denomination lost eg 30,000 dollars for every .1 percent of growth lost or .1 percent of unemployment gained. Bonuses do not apply to positive figures.

Agreed

False targets and projections can cause damage.

Proposition 13 needs careful consideration. Authorized growers will need to pay corporate taxes based on their earnings, and their products would be taxed according to the quantity of cannabis purchased.

Agreed they would be regulated and taxed per Tobacco and alcohol unless it it for medical purposes.
BUT
Would allow growing of plants for personal use like akin to home beer brewing.

And I'd like to introduce proposition 22- the 'your way' act. Each taxpayer will be free to designate a small percentage of their taxes to a to a cause of their choosing eg roads, science, etc and those taxes will have a dedicated treasurer looking over them and the funds will remain untouchable until an appropriate use for them is found.

Interesting would need to have a bigger think on this as the risk is funds would to be sent to were needed but could work if certain safeguards were put in place.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
If you formed a political party that threatened TPTB you'd be assassinated and all your hopefulness would flow down the drain along with your brains. Sorry but it's been tried before, and each time it's met with suppression or death.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Just my .02, but politics shouldn't be a career choice in the first place.

Hey, here's a good idea- let's get into the "business" of government so we can get rich!

There shouldn't be money in it, period. The kinds of people going into politics should be people who want to make things better, not people who want to get rich, or powerful.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
Just my .02, but politics shouldn't be a career choice in the first place.

Hey, here's a good idea- let's get into the "business" of government so we can get rich!

There shouldn't be money in it, period. The kinds of people going into politics should be people who want to make things better, not people who want to get rich, or powerful.

Well there has to be a wage as no one but the super rich would go into it as one still has to pay the rent and feed the family. Hence why I would make pay performance based.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Agree with all but a couple - politicians have to declare registered interest and if you go to your local government you'll be granted two weeks to read and photocopy any financial document you want then chase up gaps with the information commissioner.

However there's the interesting story today that Parliament has been caught shredding these documents -

House of Commons authorities have destroyed all evidence of MPs expenses' claims prior to 2010, meaning end of official investigations into scandal

www.telegraph.co.uk...

The NHS stuff already exists with NHS numbers - How would you implement a no welfare if no NI system on disabled people incapable of work? Surely the current NI contributions based approach is the meanest but most humane we can get?
edit on 3-11-2014 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Interesting, your political party idea is for the UK, here is my platform for the USA, similar in some ways to yours.

I posted this on a thread a little while ago.

Platform: Change the way federal regulations are created. Abolish ALL federal regulations that have the force of law behind them that were not approved directly by a Congressional vote within the past 40 years. Allow agencies to submit in the form of bills, new regulations to replace the ones abolished to be voted on by Congress after a 30 day public posting waiting period.

Abolish all law enforcement branches of agencies that are not designed or designated as law enforcement agencies. Consolidate the NSA, TSA, Border Patrol and Homeland Security into one agency. Limit what they can do to American Citizens without obtaining a warrant.

Limit the power of FEMA to disaster relief and disallow purchases not directly related to disaster relief, close all facilities not directly related to disaster relief or preparedness.

Create laws that severely punish Politicians and Journalists who are proven to have knowingly lied to the American public for any reason other than those directly and severely affecting national security and the military, or FBI, or CIA.

Make the FDA approve all medical drugs and procedures that are approved for use in European Union countries, within 6 months of approval in European Union countries or show cause to congress as to why it has not been done.

Allow interstate sale of everything, including insurance policies without restriction on the sale. Insurance policies would have to meet the regulations of the state they are selling in. No company will be restricted in any way from selling the same product to any state, except to meet the regulations of that particular state.

Change tax structure: Abolish income tax completely for people and companies
Institute a national sales tax (Allowing for people under a certain income per person in the household to apply for a refund of sales taxes paid, based on legally obtained income, including investment income, trust fund income, all forms of money gained or grown in a year)

Abolish Obamacare, allowing the current exchanges to stand and people enrolled to be grandfathered into keeping the policies. Write new legislation with the bill striking down the ACA, disallowing an insurance company from denying coverage to a current enrollee for a pre-existing condition, keeping family coverage to age 26. (The interstate sale of policies will drive the prices down significantly). Keep Medicaid for the impoverished and lower the threshold for enrollment into Medicaid.

Limit medical malpractice awards to cost of care for life plus average US annual individual income for life,(put into an annunity with no ability to transfer payments), in the case of death a maximum of cost of care plus $1million.

Exempt start up companies from paying any taxes to the federal government for a period of two years from date of start up, allowing them to file for total rebate of taxes paid using business receipts.

Term limits on all federal political offices. A limit of 12 maximum total years spent in each office held. However, a congressman could serve for 12 years and then become a senator for 12 years and then become President for 8 years.

No pension for politicians, however, institute matching 401K plans that offer the average match of the average employer in the USA. A politicians government perks and salaries should be held to a GS level, proportionate to the level, time in service, to the office . Term limits on all federal employee upper level management positions held. A limit of 10 years spent in each position above GS 15 or it's equivalent.

Forbid all lobbyists from contributing money, goods, or services to politicians, or the sponsoring organization employing a relative of the politician as long as the politician is in office, or employing any former politician or political aide or former government employee. Forbid all gifts to politicians, politicians relatives or aids in any form, to include travel, food, lodging, tickets to events, clothing, special privileges or discounts.

Abolish executive orders and return to the constitutional limits on executive powers. Strengthen state and individual rights and freedoms.

Abolish and leave to the states: Department of Education and all federal school programs; divide the money spent per student and give to the states to give to the schools on a per student basis Bureau of Tobacco, Alcohol and Firearms; and Drug Enforcement Agencies; divide the money spent per capita and give to the states to handle each issue as they find is best for their state

No stand on: things best left to the states abortion marriage illegal drugs education gun control social issues that affect individuals rather than the country as a whole No stand on: does not mean forbidding federal law on issues, it means that the party will take no stand at all on social issues or issues that affect individuals, preferring to leave the legislation on these issues to the states, if a vote comes up in congress the party members are free to vote as they feel their constituents want them to.

That would be my platform if I started a new party.

Very libertarian at the core.

Meaning, leave the individual alone to make their own personal decisions.

As for drugs, all drugs (including prescription drugs) should be available and legalized. There can be behind the counter drugs where a pharmacist would be obligated to make certain the person knew what the drug is intended for and what the potential side effects are, sign a liability release and video the person saying they understand the intended usage and side effects of taking the drug, and then let the person decide.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join