It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

KSP and the KW Rocketry Mod

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
With each update to the Kerbal Space Program, we normally end up having to update any mods that we use (if any).

I tend to use only 2 mods: MechJeb and KW Rocketry.

The KW Rocketry added a larger variety of rocket engines, fuel tanks, boosters, and some other structures, giving you a lot more ways to build rockets and that's why I like it.

However, I had not updated it since before KSP version 0.24.

Well I finally got off my duff and updated it to the 0.25 version of KSP, and was very surprised at the stuff they added to the mod!

1) They added 5 meter stuff! So now, even larger fuel tanks, stack decouplers and adapters, but even BIGGER rocket engines and boosters!

2) The biggest engine they added is called the Griffon Century, it has a thrust of 11,000! But the biggest surprise is that they made it look like the Saturn V S-1C Engines!

So now, finally, I was able to truly build a "Apollo" type of rocket in KSP. And when you light those engines off? WOAH!

Here's the video, enjoy!

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

I use both those plus procedural fairings, KSP interstellar, B9, Kerbal joint renouncement, LLL, Nova Punch, Deadly re entry and few others including a life support mod

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Those are some cool mods!

I have to be careful, as I tend to get Mod Crazy with my games.....then end up wondering why my game is not working right, and is almost always conflicts between mods.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Been gaming since pong...I have to say KSP is the most refreshing and challenging game ive ever played in the last decade...with minecraft being up there as well.

I don't use any mods...I remember how hard it was in career mode to go to the moon and back. I felt I really learned something but celestial mathematics and how gravity works from this game. I was so impressed with myself for landing and coming back successfully that I, as a grown man, was telling my parents about it the next time I saw them. They looked at me like I was nuts for trying to tell them I made it to the moon and back.

Such a good game and if I was a science teacher I would find a way to make this game part of my curriculum.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
I really need to start playing this again. I only have the shareware version, I might just have to buy the full game. It can be frustrating from time to time, but my failures are usually pretty spectacular so its enjoyable nonetheless. Just building the spacecraft is intuitive & satisfying.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful

I have to be careful, as I tend to get Mod Crazy with my games.....then end up wondering why my game is not working right, and is almost always conflicts between mods.

All my mods seem to work fine.....until there is a patch update and then I have to spend 6 hours re sorting them.

But I think the trade off is fun but I guess it depends on how patient one is

Im a bit peed off atm as I spent a week building a massive space station and I got forced to update to windows 8.1 and it messed everything up and I was forced to do a hard drive wipe

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful

All my mods seem to work fine.....until there is a patch update and then I have to spend 6 hours re sorting them.

But I think the trade off is fun but I guess it depends on how patient one is

Im a bit peed off atm as I spent a week building a massive space station and I got forced to update to windows 8.1 and it messed everything up and I was forced to do a hard drive wipe

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I love KSP. I mounted the lunar lander on a rocker, made one full orbit, and landed it, without parachutes, within sight distance of the launch site. It took me several tries to get it right, but that was a very proud moment.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Nice , this is what home feels like!

I love your threads Erictheawfull , they are always a trip down memory lane in terms of gaming

Now for the on topic part

KW rocketry is very great , this is one of the fewer mods i always install together with :

RasterPropMonitor : This is a huge Cockpit overhaul , it offers screens with realtime information in your cockpit , you have multiple screens and you can pick what type of info you want on wich screen.

VDS Hullcam : works very well with RasterpropMonitor , with this you can set up camera's on your craft and have them feed it to your screens from RasterPropmonitor. very fun for people who like to fly IVA all the time.

B9 Aerospace pack : After 2.4 update these parts look extremely sick , you can make some really sick looking SSTO with them.

These mods i usually have installed , i dont play with a lot of mods anymore , because i stopped counting the times i had to delete/reinstall them because of crashes

Top 10 favorite game for sure , the only negative aspect is the fact i sometimes spend up to 8 hours just designing a vessel.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Thanks guys!

Keep adding any mods if you play to this thread. It's certainly not off topic, and someone out there might find a mod you use interesting.

Or you may even convince me to start using another one!

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Been playing ksp for a while. Still playing stock only.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Just checked Steam and I have logged 386 hours into KSP and I still love it.

Mods installed currently:
TAC Life Support
Interstellar
RemoteTech 2
Kethane
Infernal Robotics
SCANSat
Kerbal Attachment System
Procedural Fairings
& Kerbal Alarm Clock

I find my games more realistic and challenging with these mods but not super hard. Overall a great game though.

new topics

top topics

join