It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Canaanites and the Anunaki - or why kill innocent children.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Have you yet come to the realization that Elyon, El, and Yahweh are 3 separate deities? In several instances, these separate characters talk and interact with one another.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sahabi

Have you yet come to the realization that Elyon, El, and Yahweh are 3 separate deities? In several instances, these separate characters talk and interact with one another.

That is foolish, they are all the same.

Source

Genesis 14:22 NOG

22 But Abram said to the king of Sodom, “I now raise my hand and solemnly swear to Yahweh El Elyon, maker of heaven and earth,

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Cinrad

What do you think about the Mountain Elijah climbed before he became a proper prophet? Do you think there was a multi-faith school of mysticism on that mountain which aided him in his personal development? I'd be interested in knowing the full and true history of Tyre, Phoenicia and Canaan. It has been a treasured territory since at least the Egyptian age.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 08:02 PM
link   

It is a fact that the whole world seems to enshrine ancestral memories of giants. One could cite scores of such legends, from everywhere. This website mentions 40 of them

16. BABYLONIANS:
"The ancient Babylon was founded by giants saved from the Deluge."

Babylon was not founded by "giants" as this website claims. Babylon was founded by an Amorite ensí named Sumu.abu c. 1894 BC, during which time Babylon was nothing more than a minor village that had gained independence from the larger city-state of Kazallu.

There are also no accounts of "giants" in Babylonian mythology, nor the mythology of their northern neighbors, the Assyrians. In fact, one must go backward, to the land of Sumer, roughly 1000 years prior to Babylon before you can find mention of a single "giant" in mythology.

This being, Asàg, was a stone golem from the Zagros mountains who attempted to waylay the Anunnaki and claim the land of Sumer for itself. In this myth though it is obvious that Asàg represents an incursion of the mountain-dwelling tribesman known as the Gutians, or their southern neighbors, the Elamites, and not an actual "giant" being.

The flaw at the crux of your theory, however, is that you are using Biblical literature.

The Bible is not historical, and it doesn't properly represent the beliefs and cultural climate of the time period. And it certainly doesn't apply an unbiased lens through which to view rival cultures to the Jews, like those of Canaan and Phoenicia.

Any argument built upon "the Bible says..." is erroneous from the start, as all the archaeological and anthropological evidence we have—which constitutes thousands of hours of research, and hundreds of thousands of artifacts, records, and histories—points in the opposite direction of the Biblical narrative.

Do you want to know why there are "giants" in Biblical literature? Because the Hittites and Hurrians, and the successor culture of the Greeks, all of whom were active during the time that the Hebrew narrative was being recorded (c. 625 BC) featured giants in their mythology.

Ullikummi from the Hittite narrative, the Aloadæ Otus and Ephialtes from Greece, and the Gigantes from Olympic mythology all needed to be accounted for before the Anatolian and Greek tribes would accept the Biblical narrative. To that end, the Hebrew scribes, as they had done with the Mesopotamian story of Man's creation and the Great Flood, stole the myths and reworked them into their own narrative.

Babylon had men created from clay and breath? Yahweh did that too! Babylon had a flood that purged the word of all sinners? Yahweh did that too! Ullikummi, the Aloadæ, and Gigantes were running around tormenting man? That's because rebel angels abandoned Yahweh and made giant offspring on Earth!

It's all lifted, stolen, and reworked mythology. The Bible is not a barometer for the truth.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wandering Scribe

Ullikummi from the Hittite narrative, the Aloadæ Otus and Ephialtes from Greece, and the Gigantes from Olympic mythology all needed to be accounted for before the Anatolian and Greek tribes would accept the Biblical narrative.
~ Wandering Scribe

Why would Hebrews give two craps what Greeks, Hittites, or Anatolians thought back then? They wrote the Tora for themselves not for any of these others to accept or not. The Hebrews were not scattered among these nations till centuries later. The first five books are thought to have been compiled 8th century BC or before.
That destroys your whole Jew hating precept.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Are you claiming that Hebrews and a religious group are the same thing?

This kind of belief is how these things got started in the first place.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Wandering Scribe gave an intelligent, complex answer utilising their vast expertise in the subject (rather than religious conviction) and all you can muster is calling them a Jew-hater? Puh-lease...

Most of the Hebrew mythology wasnt even created until the captivity in Babylon, and thats where they adopted many ideas, such as of the Flood, and the character Moses based on Sargon.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ridhya
Wandering Scribe gave an intelligent, complex answer utilising their vast expertise in the subject (rather than religious conviction) and all you can muster is calling them a Jew-hater? Puh-lease...

Most of the Hebrew mythology wasnt even created until the captivity in Babylon, and thats where they adopted many ideas, such as of the Flood, and the character Moses based on Sargon.

Nope the Babylon captivity was many centuries after the first five books were already compiled.

No matter how intelligent looking or complex, wrong is wrong.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Hello my brother. I am glad that you referenced the, "Names of God," version of the Bible. It will help you to understand the polytheistic pantheon presented I the following excerpts.

According to this verse, "El" (singular: God the Father) judges the complaints of the "elohim" (plural: gods) and states that the "elohim" are the sons of "Elyon". The verse finishes by mentioning that all the nations of Earth are the inheritance of Elohim (singular proper: God the Father):

The gods (elohim) stand in the congregation of El. In the midst of the gods (elohim) He [El] judges.

“How long will you defend the unjust and show partiality to the wicked? Defend the weak and the fatherless; uphold the cause of the poor and the oppressed. Rescue the weak and the needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked. They [mankind] know nothing, neither will they understand. They walk in darkness. All the foundations of the Earth are shaken."

"I have told you gods (elohim) that you are all sons of Elyon. But you will die like mere mortals; you will fall like every other ruler.”

Rise up, O God (Elohim), judge the earth, for all the nations are your inheritance.

- Psalm 82:1-8

According to this verse, "Elyon" (Most High) gives domain of certain nations to the sons of "El" (God the Father). Yahweh inherits the Children of Israel (Jacob):

When Elyon (the Most High) allotted peoples for inheritance, When He divided up the sons of man, He fixed the boundaries for peoples, according to the number of the sons of El.

Yahweh’s portion is his people, Jacob (Israel) His own inheritance.

- Deuteronomy 32:8-9

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: sacgamer25

Caleb on the other hand seems confident in Isreals ability to take the land that God had already promised Moses. He is not scared to attack.

31 But the men who had gone with him said, “We can’t attack those people! They’re too strong for us!”

32 So THEY BEGAN TO SPREAD LIES among the Israelites about the land they had explored. THEY SAID, “The land we explored is one that devours those who live there. All the people we saw there are very tall. 33 We saw Nephilim there. (The descendants of Anak are Nephilim.) We felt as small as grasshoppers, and that’s how we must have looked to them.”

ASV
Num 13:32 And they brought up an evil report of the land which they had spied out unto the children of Israel, saying, The land, through which we have gone to spy it out, is a land that eateth up the inhabitants thereof; and all the people that we saw in it are men of great stature.
Num 13:33 And there we saw the Nephilim, the sons of Anak, who come of the Nephilim: and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight.

KJV
Num 13:32 And they brought up an evil report of the land

GNB
Num 13:32 So they spread a false report among the Israelites about the land they had explored. They said, "That land doesn't even produce enough to feed the people who live there. Everyone we saw was very tall,
Num 13:33 and we even saw giants there, the descendants of Anak. We felt as small as grasshoppers, and that is how we must have looked to them."

That word in 32 is translated evil in some bibles, and false or lies in others I have looked up. I dont know which is correct.
edit on 3/11/14 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seede

(Gen 6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; (Meaning that all of the antediluvian creation were of gigantic proportions in those days before the flood who were not of the seeds of angels. This is one statement describing the children of Adam.

"and also after that," meaning there were gigantic seeds of Adam after the flood also.

There were giants in the earth in those days before the angels sinned and even after they had been destroyed is one statement. I believe that the world at this time was close to forty or fifty percent smaller with a canopy of an unknown depth of water surrounding the entire earth. This canopy of water created a green house effect upon the entire world which in turn created different gravity and magnetic aspects to creation. All creation was much larger than we can even imagine and this is why the bible's author says that "There were giants in the earth in those days; and after that." What days is the author describing? The antediluvian days of course. Remember that Enoch is assumed to be the source of this material and that Enoch is also of the antediluvian race.

Even today there are certain tribes men who insist that Noah's grave is over two hundred feet long. Mark Twain writes about this in his tour of the middle east in his book of Innocents Abroad. Also Josephus mentions the girth of giants as being beyond our imagination. Louis Ginzberg describes David as being well over ten feet in height.

Enoch describes the fallen angelic creation as being over 450 feet in height (3,000 ells). (Enoch Chapter 7 verse 1.) Compared to Noah's generation of 200 feet in height that would be gigantic to the sons of Adam. Very few authors will tell what Enoch says pertaining to the heights of the children of fallen angels as being 450 feet tall simply because it makes the proportions too much to believe but when you then look at the gigantic nature of the antediluvian race it seems more believable.

How long did it take to see people decline in stature after the flood? Well according to the Jewish Time Line Encyclopedia the flood was over in 2005 BCE and Abram came upon the scene at about 1813 BCE so it is assumed (by me) that within several hundred years we see a great reduction in size. Also in the David/Goliath account we see that Goliath and brothers were some of the last of this antediluvian Adamic genetics. But most people are not aware of there being two races of giants in the antediluvian period.

Very interesting point of view on this, thanks for posting, it does deal with some questions. The fact is that Bible says very little about the Nephilim and most of our information comes from the book of Enoch. This book is not in the Bible and I don't believe it is inspired by God. however it doesn't mean that everything it says is wrong. The books of Maccabees are not in the Protestant Bible but they are probably historically accurate. The problem with Enoch is that it probably wasn't written by Enoch the antediluvian and it was written long after the rest of the Pentateuch. I haven't read it all. So maybe all this thing about Nephilim and other races of giants descending from materialized demons is BS. Maybe sacgamer25 is right and the report from the 10 spies was a load of lies and these giants did die in the flood.

However we do have the skeletons of giants being found around the world, we do have the legends of giants who built civilizations and the remains of some pretty big structures that were well built in extreme places.

My belief is hinged upon an expanding world which is also biblical theological interpretation. Very few people associate the antediluvian period (about 1656 years) as being an altogether different civilization than what we see today. The one factor that is key to my belief is that the antediluvian world was encased in water above its firmament and that it was this water that fell upon the earth for forty days and forty nights. Remember that in Genesis as God made the firmament and divided the waters that those waters remained encasing the world till the flood. --

Gen 1:7 And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

It was these waters that broke the mantels of the deep and created the science of Teutonic and Continental drift. The effect of this great weight of water expanded the world as water in a balloon and in turn created islands and continents whereas in the antediluvian period the water was gathered into one place, was drinkable and watered the entire world.

Also possible. I believe the separating of the waters was simply the cooling of the earth so that liquid water and atmospheric water were able to exist. Clouds above and sea below. It fits in with what earth science has observed. There was a thicker atmosphere before the flood, maybe more oxygen or air pressure. But note too that in Genesis it also says Gen 7:11 When Noah was six hundred years old, on the seventeenth day of the second month all the outlets of the vast body of water beneath the earth burst open, all the floodgates of the sky were opened, 12 and rain fell on the earth for forty days and nights. So water came from both above and below.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Thanks for all your replies, I have heard the various theories here on ATS and many, many other places and people about Yahweh being evil and the Bible being a load of BS made up by crazy Jews copying everybody else's mythology (except the Egyptians'). But I was looking at this from a point of view of harmonizing what is actually written in the different passages of the OT, the book of Enoch, "fringe" archaeology, the practices of the elite or illuminati and what I believe to be the goal of Satan and his minions. Rather than look at what God told the Israelite s to do to the Canaanites and say "oh He is such a horrible blood thirsty God" I wondered if there was a good reason for what he did.

Interesting, so many people who say what a load of crap the Bible is and you can't take it as historical fact, have no problem believing the passages where God commands genocide and the Israelites actually did it.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Nechash

I don't know, have never noticed that. What do you know about it? And yes, I suppose the whole OP is about what that area was like before the Israelite conquest. I also find it interesting that the Bible says that God gave the descendants of Esau and Lot lands in that area but He only had a covenant with Israel. There were other people who knew God.

Gen 14:18 And Melchizedek, who was king of Salem and also a priest of the Most High God, brought bread and wine to Abram,
Exo 2:15 One day, when Moses was sitting by a well, seven daughters of Jethro, the priest of Midian, came to draw water and fill the troughs for their father's sheep and goats.
Midian was a son of Abraham through one of his concubines.
Exo 18:12 Then Jethro brought an offering to be burned whole and other sacrifices to be offered to God; and Aaron and all the leaders of Israel went with him to eat the sacred meal as an act of worship.
Exo 18:24 Moses took Jethro's advice
Job 1:1 There was a man named Job, living in the land of Uz, who worshiped God and was faithful to him. He was a good man, careful not to do anything evil.
Num 22:8 Balaam said to them, "Spend the night here, and tomorrow I will report to you whatever the LORD tells me." So the Moabite leaders stayed with Balaam. 9 God came to Balaam and asked, "Who are these people that are staying with you?"

edit on 4/11/14 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cinrad
To recap: 1) the Canaanite children were genetically mixed
with non-human DNA

Moses himself was a descendant of the canaanite tribe.

originally posted by: AlephBet
Mankind has never been in error.
The one that created the snake is in error.

Again, Moses created the "Brazen Snake" Nehushtan ,
so there goes your theory.
en.wikipedia.org...

Hint: Galatians 3:28
www.biblegateway.com...
We are all chosen, hence we would not be here.
However the cone-head elites will tell you different.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:57 AM
link   

"The Hebrews were not scattered among these nations till centuries later."

The Hebrew people were divided and scattered long before the Exodus or Egyptian bondage ever occurred.

And unto Eber were born two sons: the name of one was Peleg; for in his days was the earth divided; and his brother's name was Joktan.

- Genesis 10:25

"Hebrew," actually encompasses a vast grouping of tribes, nations, and peoples, all originating from the patriarch Eber, the son of Salah.

Eber (Hebrew) had two sons, Peleg and Joktan.

Peleg fathered Reu, who fathered Serug, who was he father of Nahor, who fathered Terah, who was the father of Abraham, Nahor II, and Haran.

Joktan was the father of Almodad, Sheleph, Hazarmaveth, Jerah, Hadoram, Uzal, Diklah, Obal, Abimael, Sheba, Ophir, Havilah, and Jobab.

And foreword from here, we beget the Ammonites, Moabites, Edomites, Midianites, Arameans, Ishmaelites, Arabs, and Israelites,... all of whom are Hebrew peoples.

"Why would Hebrews give two craps what Greeks, Hittites, or Anatolians thought back then? They wrote the Tora for themselves not for any of these others to accept or not."

Although the Children of Jacob (Israel) are Hebrew by descent, it was these specific Hebrew-Israelites who wrote the Torah, not Hebrews in general.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Sahabi

Psalm 83:18 NOG

so that they must acknowledge you.
Your name is Yahweh.
You alone are Elyon of the whole earth.

There is no polytheistic pantheon, there is only one God.

The Psalm before that 82:1-8 is a prophetic psalm of Judgment Day. See Revelations for the Thrones etc.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: ToneDeaf

"Moses himself was a descendant of the canaanite tribe."

Moses was a descendent of Amram, Kohath, Levi, Jacob (Israel), Isaac, Abraham,... eventually leading to Moses being a descendent of Shem, son of Noah.

Noah's second son Ham is the father of Canaan, who is the father of the Sidonians, Hittites, Jebusites, Amorites, Girga#es, Hivites, Arkites, Sinites, Arvadites, Zemarites, and Hamathites.

Moses is a Shemite, whose forefathers hail from Mesopotamia, Chaldea, and Ur.

Canaan is a Hamite, whose homeland is the Levant (Land of Canaan).

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sahabi

The Hebrew people were divided and scattered long before the Exodus or Egyptian bondage ever occurred.

And unto Eber were born two sons: the name of one was Peleg; for in his days was the earth divided; and his brother's name was Joktan.

- Genesis 10:25

"Hebrew," actually encompasses a vast grouping of tribes, nations, and peoples, all originating from the patriarch Eber, the son of Salah.

Eber (Hebrew) had two sons, Peleg and Joktan.

Peleg fathered Reu, who fathered Serug, who was he father of Nahor, who fathered Terah, who was the father of Abraham, Nahor II, and Haran.

Joktan was the father of Almodad, Sheleph, Hazarmaveth, Jerah, Hadoram, Uzal, Diklah, Obal, Abimael, Sheba, Ophir, Havilah, and Jobab.

And foreword from here, we beget the Ammonites, Moabites, Edomites, Midianites, Arameans, Ishmaelites, Arabs, and Israelites,... all of whom are Hebrew peoples.

Although the Children of Jacob (Israel) are Hebrew by descent, it was these specific Hebrew-Israelites who wrote the Torah, not Hebrews in general.

Obviously, they were God's chosen people. Israels 12 tribes were what the Tora was written for not Greeks so they would accept Giants as their Titans. Israel had no intention of pleasing the Greeks by passing on the Tora to their own generations.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Just letting you know that there is a difference between "Hebrew" and "Israelite." All Israelites are Hebrews, but not all Hebrews are Israelites.

edit on 11/4/14 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Well, knowing and intuiting are two different things, but there is something there to be found, a puzzle surrounds that place. The Egyptians considered it to be a prized possession, Elijah had a transformation upon it, there are rumors that the Gnostic community that later gathered around Jesus had a settlement there, and the modern day Bahai faith has a major complex built there. It has been a location for the reception of mystical experiences for at least the last 3000 years, so I think there's something significant there.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join