It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Western Assistance against ISIS is a joke

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Sometimes their meddling pays off
Have a for instance ? ... Don't forget RT's target is the west .The wests propaganda target is the west .Could it be determined that maybe just maybe RT is offering opposing views? The western MSM all seem to be speaking in concert with one another .Heck Harper's speech and Australian PM were verbatim when taking us into a war over there . Some things have to make you wonder just what's what . a reply to: seabhac-rua

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

Well, look at the Afghani Mujahideen, for example, with US backing they carried out pretty successful insurgency during the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan, from a certain point of view this was a 'pay off' for the US, then the US had to fight these guys again in 2001, which was an unforeseen 'backfire'.

The Western MSM is a joke, but to conclude that RT is simply providing an opposing view would be a mistake IMO.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Well, look at the Afghani Mujahideen, for example, with US backing they carried out pretty successful insurgency during the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan, from a certain point of view this was a 'pay off' for the US, then the US had to fight these guys again in 2001, which was an unforeseen 'backfire'.
Two things about that . 1. was it blow back or was it something that was already determined to be a result the US could live with ? I have no idea what Russia invaded to begin with but ,I thought that I read somewhere that they were sucked into doing that .Someone wanted to give Russia their Vietnam war . By overthrowing Libya they created the vacuum in power that could only be filled by the rebels and I see the same thing in Syria . Could it be that that is the plan ? To destabilize those countries and allow terrorist take power ? If it's not the plan ,it sure seems the way things are turning .Blow-back , or intended consequences .?? a reply to: seabhac-rua

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I'm not that versed up on the Afghan-Russian conflict to comment to be honest. I guess a lot of this stuff depends from which vantage point you choose to view the situation.

Yeah I'll be honest and say that if there is a 'plan' for Syria I have no idea what it is, that's just conjecture as far as I'm concerned. I really don't think the US has a handle on it, yep they'll try this and they'll arm that, and they'll fund this and they'll bomb that, but they are definitely not in control of the situation IMO.

I don't really see the point in the US overthrowing a government unless they have somebody in the wings ready to step in and take power, why would the US want ISIS in control of that region? I can see, maybe, from a military point of view that 'putting all the bad eggs in one basket' would have it's advantages, like, on a much smaller scale, the siege of Kobani, it's possible that the US is taking it's time and limiting the airstrikes in an attempt to draw more ISIS fighters into the area and then kill them. The same could be said for ISIS's 'caliphate', gather extremists from all over the world and fight them in one place, however I do think that theory is a big stretch, a very big stretch.

edit on 3-11-2014 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Wesley Clarke's revelation after 911 about the multipal countries on the chopping block and what has gone on sense seems to only fit the Israel plan for the middle east .It's also interesting to note the Nuland comment on the EU .The Five Eyes document suggest that there is a deep state calling the shots as well as Peter Dale Scotts work looking at it .Western puppets and western MSM are doing the bidding of someone and they really don't have the peoples best interest . They must be the ones looking for this NWO that Russia and others are refusing to go along with .So if they put in week Govt's. ie terrorist groups then they wont have to worry about a united nation . a reply to: seabhac-rua

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Yeah, that's a perspective that holds a lot of sway around here on ATS.

When it comes to groups like ISIS though I'm not so convinced, although their caliphate is dismissed by many in the Muslim world, many Muslims also endorse it, or at least the notion of uniting all the Muslim nations in that region under one Caliph. This is the dream of many millions of people throughout the Islamic world and this would not bode well for the NWO and their plans for global domination, if such a thing exists.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   
It also has some legitimacy within Christian end time prophecy as well .It could be that what we are seeing is fulfillment of sorts .It wouldn't be the first time that Israel has brought on themselves judgement by making deals with others they were warned to stay clear of . Interesting times though. a reply to: seabhac-rua ETA .OP you have to wonder about ISIS oil sales and if they might just upset the Russian Bear to take actions themselves . The fact ISIS is selling cheep oil and driving down the price is hurting Russian's income .

edit on 3-11-2014 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Anyone who is caught raising money, funding or even aiding ISIS or any other rebel group in Syria should be exposed and given a death sentence by hanging in public... This includes in the West also.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: EaglesFan

The thing is, a recent poll shows that there is way more support for ISIS(in the UK) than many, including myself, would have imagined.

I honestly don't know what to say about this:

ISIS Poll

edit on 3-11-2014 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
a reply to: seabhac-rua
The Soviets didnt want more breakaway states in their empire and so made an example of Afghanistan, and some historians believe they would have succeeded if the US hadnt directly funded and trained the mujahideen (or however you spell it)

And so it goes as a political dance, your enemy invades a state, you support that state as a proxy war, like Korea and Vietnam and Mideast wars. The US wanted to quagmire the Soviets in A-stan

I disagree that the US just takes advantage of situations, they certainly manufacture them as well, such as the uprisings and assassinations in S America... Direct Subversive Intervention is a covert way to sway things in your favour!

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
But I mean as to the OP, I disagree about stopping communication (as that is how intel is gathered) but the rest is correct, if anyone was serious about stopping ISIS it would have ended before it gained power.

In all of the videos the dudes are running around in Chinese chest rigs, using American weapons, using ammunition from all over the world, and they're selling oil to *whoever wants cheap oil*.

The poor Syrian people... they used to live in peace in a beautiful country with religious freedom, and now they're being subjugated thanks to the greed of the world...

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ridhya

I disagree that the US just takes advantage of situations, they certainly manufacture them as well, such as the uprisings and assassinations in S America... Direct Subversive Intervention is a covert way to sway things in your favour!

Of course the US takes, or at least tries to take, advantage of situations.

But yes you are right they also manufacture them as well as you have pointed out.

How much of the Syrian situation has been manufactured by the US is still up for contention, time will out. My view is that while the US may have had a subversive hand in the inception of ISIS, which is just a new name for a group that has been around for a few years BTW, they do not control that group and ISIS are not following some hidden CIA(or whoever) mandate.

I'm aware of the notion, as the2ofusr1 has pointed out, that this whole ME conflict is all part of some over-reaching master plan, but that is another broader matter as in my view ISIS are operating under their own leadership and with their own objectives and goals. But then again when we hear reports of ISIS fighters being treated in Israeli hospitals I wonder, and that is something I'm going to investigate further.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I dont know the veracity of that but, isnt it miraculous that Israel hasnt been directly threatened or attacked by them? Isnt it bizarre that they've mostly killed other muslims, including sunni muslims?

I cant help but suggest that people in the world are trying to make the bible come true (and other religious "predictions" - more like plans!)

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Ridhya

I've heard reports that prominent ME'tern Imams are calling for the continuation of bloodshed in that region as it will fulfil the prophecies and bring about the return/arrival of their 'Mahdi'.

Mahdi

This is hardly surprising given that we are talking about fervent religious belief here. Indeed, as far fetched as this sounds it could go a ways in explaining why A) ISIS receive monetary support from some Muslims, and B) Why ISIS are not interested in attacking Israel.

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Yep, the Christians are waiting for Jesus to return and institute his thousand year reich, the Muslims are waiting for the imam Mahdi to return and destroy evil, and the Jews are waiting to destroy al-aksa mosque and rebuild the temple, so that their Messiah will come.

Considering that they're all waiting for a strong leader, it will be easy to trick them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join