It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Western Assistance against ISIS is a joke

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I have been watching the so-called Syrian spring civil war for over a year now and then since the supposed beheading just last month (could have been last year) of captured and tortured Journalists, Western influence and actions are taking place against ISIS supposedly to assist the Syrian rebels or Syrian Govt. Well whatever is going on, this war is really being run from the banks and not a military operation per say, because certain military tactics are not being followed which allow both ISIS and the Syrian Rebels to fight without disruption.

Number one action that should have taken place by Syria (over a year ago) or the Western Assisted forces (serious about getting rid of ISIS recently) the first step was to cut off their means of communication.

Why is it they are still using cell phones, laptops and other devices to communicate?

In a real war ALL communication would be hit first so that they cannot organize. and don't give the nonsense about the western assistance forces need it to communicate, they do not.

If anyone was serious about winning this war there would be no cell or Internet service in that area what soever. Even Radio disruption would be taking place.

This is not a war it is a tool of the banks to make money. One thing has survived over the last 5000 years Banks (money lenders), Wars, hospitals and graveyards, and everyone of these are considered to be an industry.

If this was a serious effort, the terrorist communications would have been the first military target. But it hasn't so I don't expect to see an end to this war any time soon but I do expect to see certain industries profit from it.

edit on 3-11-2014 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

also...who are they selling their oil to ?

How come ISIS has the ammo to fight this war ?

I get that they seized ammunition and weapons...but unless unlimited like in a game...they have to re supply eventually ?

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 05:41 AM
link   
The effort is very serious. They want Assad out of the picture and Isis is forwarding that goal. Isis is a western proxy army fighting the battles the west can't be seen fighting.
Of course they don't want to destroy Isis because that would be destroying their investment of Syria.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

Again it is not a real effort of eradication or a real war. It is a media stunt manipulated by the banking industry that profits their investments in other industries.

If it were, communications would be non-existent in practically the whole of Syria

edit on 3-11-2014 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   

They're getting money support and personnel from all over the ME, namely Jordan, Saudi, Tunisia, Kuwait, Turkey and others.

They have people from over 80 countries amongst their ranks, they have sympathisers raising funds for them all over the world. They are selling oil to whoever will buy it. They have a lot of money.

You think that they will find it hard to get arms and ammo? Yeah right.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 05:48 AM
link   
My Point still remains. If this were any real effort by western alliance they would have no communication and could not reach out to the world via Internet, cell service to twitter from phones, and they would not be allowed to even post on the Web pages to recruit all would be shut off or down.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Communications are beneficial to everyone, on all sides. This conflict has been going on now for 3 years, there are millions of people still trying to live their daily lives in that region, they all use cell phones and the internet. The Assad regime, or anybody else, would have nothing to gain by shutting down communications.

Your logic is flawed.

edit on 3-11-2014 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   
I think international conventions forbid targeting civilians and civil infrastructure, perhaps communications networks enter in the definition?

In theory

Reprisals against persons and their property are prohibited.

Fourth Geneva Convention

TPTB think war is a business and during times of war civilians should conduct their life in complete normality, reality prove a lill different but PR always makes countries try to minimize civilian impact the most they can.

Imagine the kurds lost communications and get further isolated by an attack on the infrastructure, wont seem right to the public no?
edit on 3-11-2014 by Indigent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

So cell towers and internet servers under their control are prohibited from being targetted.

Bullox!

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: seabhac-rua

They're getting money support and personnel from all over the ME, namely Jordan, Saudi, Tunisia, Kuwait, Turkey and others.

They have people from over 80 countries amongst their ranks, they have sympathisers raising funds for them all over the world. They are selling oil to whoever will buy it. They have a lot of money.

You think that they will find it hard to get arms and ammo? Yeah right.

but that is through unofficial channels..or am I wrong ?

I get that individual crazies can't be stopped. But you can't sell oil to individuals, also individuals can't get too much amo on themselves. The point of my post is...it's organized...on a large scale...somebody is slipping it under the table all the while pretending to be against them.

I concur with the OP...if there was a serious effort to stop them...they would have been stopped...a while back.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Would you kill a cop in a ISIS town? that is a war crime you know

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Well I actually concur with you here on the point that somebody like Turkey, for example, are helping ISIS. There are numerous reports of ISIS fighters being treated in Turkish hospitals.

You don't know how business is conducted in that region, profiteers abound. If somebody offers to sell a thousand barrels of oils at very cheap rates they will have no problems. Getting stuff like that in and out of the country is also no problem, again Turkey is a major culprit here. Anyway, how can you trace a barrel of oil to ISIS, it's not like they have their flag painted on it.

The OP is wrong, because he/she doesn't know about the complexities of that conflict.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 06:04 AM
link   

From a militarty tactical perspective it is not always best to disrupt a counterpart communinication Methods.

The best is often to let them communicate as if they were not being bothered at all. What usually happeneds when you take away or disrupt a Counter parts communication is that they start to communicate through other means and methods.

Than you have lost a vital Source of gathering vital intelligence. And have to start to search for how Your counterpart communicate all over again. At that point you have lost Your upperhand.

But i agree With you on the other parts. The US have warned us that it might take Years before the ISIS is broken.

This means that the US/NATO are not really putting in a honest effort to breake the ISIS. And we should ask ourselves why arent they?

I should also mentione that Hillery Clinton said back in 2010 to the Muslim Brotherhood. That the US are fallowing a strict timeline.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: spy66

Why aren't they "putting an honest effort" into stopping ISIS?

This is a complicated question, firstly Syria is still a sovereign country and has neither asked for nor agreed to outside intervention, yet the coalition has still undertaken attacks on a limited scale, mostly due to public outcry at the atrocities committed by ISIS, against the Kurds or the Yazidis for example. Secondly, full scale war is too expensive, and too risky on many levels, for the US at this time. The US simply cannot afford nor justify another ground war in the ME. The US is trying to get more countries in that region to join the coalition and fight ISIS, this is not going too well seeing as ISIS has so much underground public support in the ME, again look at Turkey, they say they want to stop ISIS yet they block the border at Kobane so that ISIS can slaughter the Kurds in the besieged city.

The politics in that region are dark and murky, their roots run back hundreds of years, things are not as black and white as the OP sees it.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: seabhac-rua

I know it is complicated. But it is not really that complicated, but it is a boring read because it has to do With geo-politics. I think People should read more into the Muslim Brotherhood and the US alliance. It will reveal all the Clues.

The Muslim Brotherhood were in a alliance With the US in Egypt and Libya. What does this have to do With Turkey, Iraq and Syria and ISIS? It actually have a lot to do With what is taking Place today in that region With the ISIS.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   
As sad as it may be to boil this ME ISIS situation down to the truth ,Israel may have the answer .This episode of crosswalk speaks volumes .

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: spy66

Sure it does.

Although alliances are formed and dissolve very quickly when it comes to conflicts in the ME, look at the FSA affiliated fighters that have entered Kobani alongside the Peshmerga in the past few days.

The contention by the OP that because there are still communications networks operating in Syria is proof that it's all a big contrivance is what I'm talking about.

It's clear to me that the OP is representative of that demographic on here that concludes, myopically IMO, that everything is a big charade. I don't agree.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

I think there's some good points raised in that video. However it can also be construed as extremely effective anti-US propaganda. I used to watch RT to get a different perspective but I'm highly suspicious of it these days. That's not to say that everything in that video is lies, no, that's not how propaganda, good propaganda, works. None of the content has to be lies, but the tone of the presentation, the speakers and their sentiments, are all subtly presented to favour a particular, if unspoken, view.

Ken O'Keefe is being used here, you can clearly see that the host favours his stance and echoes his points, whether O'Keefe is aware of it or not is another issue. I don't particularly agree with everything O'Keefe says either, for example a "Russian ground invasion" yeah? Like the growing stockpile of Russian nukes during the Cold War was only a minor issue. But he reflects the views of so many America-haters doesn't he?

RT continually churns out pieces that bolster anti-US sentiment, recently they did a piece about "conspiracy theories that turned out to be true", all of these theories related to US events, not once did they ever mention Russia's dirty laundry, or anyone else's for that matter. The USA is their target, people should be aware of that when watching RT.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I guess a person could choose to take a stance in favor of one or the other . It could be the truth is somewhere in the middle but the US with it's many operations all around the globe should be one of the first suspects in most if not all these happenings . We now know that it was the US that were working the color revolutions .The whole Ukraine coup was a Washington thing . One of the first people that I learned about state propaganda was a X Russia living in the US .He also showed that the US propaganda was better then the Russian's because every one knew about it . It's only been recent that the extent of the Wests is being seen for what it is . This whole notion of a credible source is moot for the most part . I guess it's about how much you salt it and keep a eye on the pea . a reply to: seabhac-rua

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 08:47 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

That's true.

Not everything is a conspiracy though.

I see the US intelligence agencies trying to manipulate or take advantage of developments in the ME, for example, more than actually 'create' them from nothing. Sometimes their meddling pays off, sometimes, actually a lot of the time, it backfires.

The US is not the only one making these plays though, but if you watch RT that's what they'd have you believe.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join