It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police shoot mentally ill man in B.C.

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Man I messed this one up... anyways, this should be in the Posse Comitatus forum.

Here's a link to the story: globalnews.ca...

Since I live in this town I will give you the word on the street: Supposedly the mother of the victim called the police stating her son was

acting suicidal. The Police showed up and shot him dead. The ambulance remained on the scene covered in police tape, suggesting the

victim didn't make it off the driveway. The Police have offered an apology to the family for the incident and there is a serious

investigation going on with regard to officer conduct. Certainly a tragic incident. Thus far there seems to be a graphic investigation

underway that should yield certain answers.
edit on 07/17/2009 by Mumbotron because: um... there's lot's of reasons... it's complicated ok

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   
i find your lack of sources disturbing

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Shortest story ever.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

More evidence that one shouldn't attempt to start a thread after a night out drinking.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Mumbotron

things like this really piss me off
imagine how the mother feels

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   

ahah been there a bunch of times

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mumbotron
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

More evidence that one shouldn't attempt to start a thread after a night out drinking.

You didn't mess it up OP and being new here can sometimes lead to little "starter" issues...

S and F for your thread and bringing up this type of sickening situation that so many people choose to ignore as just another passing current event...

@ IShotMyLastMuse and Soloprotocol...More evidence here on ATS of untolerant people like yourselves that jump to instant conclusions whilst sitting in your armchairs and just like to take a dig at people for the pure heck of it???

Notice that the OP edited his/her thread???

Kindest respects

Rodinus

edit on 3/11/14 by Rodinus because: Crap grammar

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Cop kills a man = I'm sorry from police force go about your day

Man kills a cop = county wide lockdown house raids and road closures and seizures.

Something funny going on here I think.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Suicide and euthanasia are illegal. Murder is fine provided you are a cop. What a world we live in. I'm constantly amazed how few people question the status quo. You gotta give TPTB credit for that high quality propaganda and information control.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Did the man have a weapon?
What kind of weapon did he have that he was deemed dangerous enough to shoot?

The mother said she is too rattled to talk...I'm truly sorry for her loss, but what if she is being asked to remain quiet until the investigation is over?
(Just speculating here.)

The officer who shot the man is apparently in hospital seeking medical attention.
For what?

There aren't enough details, yet.
I think we need to wait a little longer to find out what really happened.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
ohmy. Where are these thread-vigilant ats'ers with all the threads that read "Hey check this out!" with a link and zero info.

The OP has provided the 5 Ws, and the one-line replies (check out what ats thinks of one-line replies) are making this site look atypical to fb.

Sympathies to the family involved, especially considering the circumstances that warranted the call in the first place.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

What a shame, and so shortly after the Slocan City ordeal. I'm not sure if you heard about that one, but I live in the Kootenays and recently there was a lockdown in Slocan City and an unfortunate turn of events.

"We are outraged," she said. "For the first time ever, we are ashamed to be Canadian."

"They had no interest in me helping. I said, 'I hope I find him before you do.'

"In retrospect, I wish I had begged them not to kill him."

Not long after, her brother was dead, shot and killed by police while lying down with a gun pointed toward the door of the cabin, she said.

"Four days in the bush without food or water. He had not committed any serious crime. He was weak and could have been sleeping on his front with his gun. The ERT 'interaction' was that they open fired and killed my brother.

"He was executed."

The de Groot family, she said, is "an average Canadian family. If this can happen to us, this can happen to you."

She described her "bright, intelligent" brother as a man who had gradually rebuilt his life after a workplace accident in 1994 and then, three years later, a massive brain aneurysm. He also had suffered six post-surgery grand mal seizures, in which he broke several bones, she said

www.cbc.ca...

It's so sad to think he has been portrayed as a psycho in most other articles around Canada. I have friends who knew him and he was not a violent guy. I don't think we really got the full story here.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
It sounds like it was a woman officer, apart from that there is little information about what actually happened inside the house. It is just a pity that guns speak more than words. Given what there is, social services should have been in attendance too.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 05:16 PM
link   

What's the word on the street in your area about how the officer was injured?

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Another tragedy. I say "another" because this sort of thing is not uncommon at all. Mix the villification of the "mentally ill" that has been the cornerstone of a heated gun debate for the past year or two with the fact that most police officers have little to no training in how to assess or handle the mentally ill - and you have a recipe for "shoot first and go home safe" scenarios.

Sadly most patients who qualify as mentally ill are more likely to self harm than to harm others and have relatively minor diagnoses. A depressive who is speaking openly about suicide is usually crying out for help and not wishing to harm anyone - themselves included.

Propaganda + lack of knowledge = Unnecessarily dead kid.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   
A message to all Mothers.
If your child is mentally ill or depressed - call a relative, a friend or your Pastor, for assistance.
Calling the Police is a Death Sentence for your loved one.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

There's no word on that yet. I hope we wind up with clear answers to all the questions. I am hopeful that the task force sent to investigate has a mandate to get to the truth. It looked like an episode of C.S.I. outside the place... so I figure they won't be hiding anything. My deepest sympathies to all who are affected by this.

edit on 07/17/2009 by Mumbotron because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join