It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Drug Sentencing Reform Goes Into Effect Today

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Your avatar is ironic . . . a reply to: wantsome

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome

originally posted by: tavi45
a reply to: wantsome

So your idea of freedom is limiting freedom?
I don't make the rules I just play by them.

I don't follow any rules that demons think they have the right unlawfully to make, or I'd be handing over a evil fascist hellzone to my children. I make my own rules, and as long as I'm not out there raping, murdering and pillaging, and actually care about the safety and wellbeing of others, they don't have any rights to make any rules over me.

PERIOD.

And its a real lower mentality to think otherwise. You would be the very foundation of the support for the evil running this show.

Also, drugs and alchohol are made from natural items on earth, hence they aren't owned by any one person so decisions to take things are within the rights of all sentient beings. I don't believe in middle men, ie doctors prescriptions. God, Nature and the Universe gave us all the right to self medicate.
edit on 3-11-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Have you had a bout of this in your life, if so, not everyone falls into that category. Painting a picture so broadly, IMO, definitely builds the wall a little higher in the box, and again IMO, us or we will eventually need a ladder to scale the walls we built around ourselves.

So to sum it up briefly, tear down those walls...allow yourself to be vulnerable, learn. How else can we see where we're going if we cannot simply let ourselves see.

edit on 3-11-2014 by Daedal because: edit

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: doobydoll

Don't forget about the real launderers of the drug money. CITI Bank, Wells Fargo, etc, etc. They are raking in millions laundering the cartel's booty but none of them will ever see a jail cell. That"s the only revenue that"s keeping them profitable.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

That's about the size of your view of 'freedom' mate isn't it?

is that a serious question....?

since we are going to throw out random generalizations ....your mentality is that of a "10 year old" mate isnt it ?

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   

probally just had to get back to your for profit prison job or job on the dea..... i mean why else would you be offended that we would be incarcerating less non violent offenders... aren't less prisoners a good thing... it would be more workers in the work force,less single parents (jail separating them ) and less peoples futures ruined with out such arrests and perhaps with out the cops being so busy arresting old jonny with his roach that they can then go catch the guy who rapped sally or robbed grandma and grandpa.

cant really fathom why you would be so hostile against lesser sentencing for non violent offenders
well unless it is because of your job is possibly directly funded by revenue from arresting these people.

you know who is terrified about legalization/decriminalization/less harsh punishments for drug users? police officers who get a good deal of their funding from asset seizures/forfeitures and also use the war on drugs as a justification for their continued militarization i mean "by golly we need all those tanks and apc's because of scary drug dealers"
www.huffingtonpost.com... drug war a 15 billion dollar a year industry (in2013)

NEW YORK -- Despite an increased emphasis on treatment and prevention programs in recent years, the Obama administration in its 2013 budget still requested $25.6 billion in federal spending on the drug war. Of that, $15 billion would go to law enforcement, interdiction and international efforts. The pro-reform Drug Policy Alliance estimates that when you combine state and local spending on everything from drug-related arrests to prison, the total cost adds up to at least $51 billion per year. Over four decades, the group says, American taxpayers have dished out $1 trillion on the drug war.
so 15 of the 25.6 billion dollar budget went to anti drug efforts
www.drugwarfacts.org...
www.npr.org...
thinkprogress.org... you know who else is terrified prison guards as something like the ballpark of 25-40% of prisoners are non violent drug offenders and im sure the dea is not thrilled either

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   
It's a good move but it's by far not the end, as more needs to be done here. It's known so far the prison industrial complex, PDs, Big Pharma, etc, do not support these measures. Surely they will sneak or support stipulations in. Such as on the topic of why should Marijuana in the system be or not counted as a DUI:

Issue that we are seeing in states such as Washington is that when it's covered under DUI now that medicinal users are to be given a DUI felony(loss of driving privileges, not able vote, nor own a firearm, can't even travel to Canada after that, more), when they use it medicinally to be able to be able to function normally such as driving. Let's use this example as to they had a simple infraction that even 100% sober people make the mistake of, but were suspected after being pulled over of being "on something" enough to warrant a test. This was a major issue brought up before the vote to legalize was passed, thus why there was rejection from otherwise supporters of the drug itself.

It's almost as if within legalization more strict measures were passed that will hurt only those who are trying to live normally when met with health obstacles and seeing MM as an option for them.
edit on 4-11-2014 by dreamingawake because: simple corrections

posted on Nov, 4 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
best tip i got for anyone whos delt with the cops keep a GOOD lawyers card in ur wallet

bye good i mean one the cops know

ask for ur card out of your wallet so you have the number when u get to jail

for me every time i ended up with a bs ticked and not a night in jail they dont like being torn apart bye a good lawyer in court

on topic

the time is coming where they can no longer leep drugs illegal to much info to many people who smoked atleast once and saw no harm the world is slowly realizing its all propaganda

they can only control us so far if they dont bend a little in some areas all areas will fail the illushion must go on even if it means they lose there drug money they will just tax tax tax so nothing changes except its legal

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Maybe, just maybe, if the citizens of the United States were actually allowed to pursue life, liberty and happiness, if they were not under threat of the law over almost every little decision, if the government, at every level, stops trying to micromanage everyone's personal lives, then most people, IMO, wouldn't want to do mind altering substances to make their lives feel better than they actually are.

Make it easier for people to pursue their life dreams in this country and they might not want to induce a nice dream with some drugs and alcohol. Make opportunities for people to pursue happiness instead of making them struggle to survive working as a slave for the rich man and rendering taxes to the government at every turn. When you only have a day or two on the weekend to unwind, and only enough money for some cheap get highs, you aren't going to be able to do much more with your life, like pursue your dream to do something else that would require more time and money.

posted on Nov, 5 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Daedal

"Of course their are pros and cons to this guideline. With a guaranteed occupancy rate given to most prisons, who then will fill the beds."

Maybe with the rampant lack of decent jobs & wages, they're freeing up some space to bring back the great idea of debtor's prison. We have plenty of folks these days who hate poor people and would like them to be out of sight and out of mind.

Oh, and add to them the folks who complain about anything that's wrong with our system (which is obviously PERFECT in every way).

And seeing how militant the police are becoming, you can add "looking sideways at an officer" to the list.

Plenty of candidates for filling up cells.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join