It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question about an Independent Eastern Ukraine

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Nothing prevented Russia from doing their things in the world.

(For decades) nothing prevented US from doing their (ugly) things in the world. The results? Free and democratic Iraq, Palestine, Libya, Syria, Afghanistan and finally Ukraine. Hope it was the last "success" of neocons...

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Sometimes it's easy to answer for the people of regions we know little about .When you think about Syria and how the west were quick to acknowledge the rebel forces as the official opposition when in fact they seemed to be a terrorist group that morphed into many more groups ,isis being one of them ,then it's kind of hard to say one way or another .

Not knowing all of the details that brought about Kosovo makes it hard for me to speak about it . Seeing what happened in Libya and then moved to Syria and moved to Iraq I can give a opinion .Ukraine ,Crimea ,and the eastern region takes a lot of studying to get a idea of what went on ,what is going on and what will go on .Russia will be a big part of the equation .US , EU will be a big part as well . But it comes down to what the people of their region decides .

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: maghun

Repeating what I said does not make your case.

Nothing has prevented Russia from engaging in its own foreign affairs.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

So you support a government that attacks its own people only if they are aligned with Russia?

Here is the counter argument to your middle east invocation -
www.abovetopsecret.com...

It still does not negate the Budapest Memo.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

engaging in its own foreign affairs

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   

So you support a government that attacks its own people only if they are aligned with Russia?
I don't think any Govt. should attack people weather it's "their own" or not . Sense when do Govt's own their people ,or anyone else for that matter . Maybe it boils down to the whole concept of Govt . I like to look at things a little differently then the standard definitions . ie. French peoples have the nation of France .Hebrews have the nation of Israel ,Germans have the nation of Germany and despite the many peoples (Natives) of North and South America we have these artificial notions of nation's . See it's these artificial lines someone has drawn on a map signifying a country but in reality they divide Native peoples .(think Afghanistan/Pakistan) .

Oh and to cite this memorandum or that treaty and this subsection really does nothing in creating a environment for people to live in peace .In fact I would say there is more dispute caused by all of these official agreements that only adds ambiguity and does nothing to clarify the issues . Heck even in the US there are lots of debates back and forth about what their constitution really means, and how it's being usurped by enemies from within .

To have watched the groups within "Ukraine" taking matters into their own hands and seeing the results they are getting is quite amazing . The protests in Kiev were about the Oligarchs ruling them and so they had a coup .Then they had elections and put in another Oligarch . Well it seems that if the people can and want to have Oligarchs rule over them then I say have at it .But I think each region should be able to choose their own .

a reply to: Xcathdra ETA a vid clip about the representation of the people of that region to consider

edit on 3-11-2014 by the2ofusr1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join