It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mom Upset After Son Receives Flu Vaccine Without Her Consent

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   
#1. I have no reason to be against the flu vaccine or any other.. I think mostly the fear is silly.. THAT ASIDE...
#2. Do NOT inject someone's child with anything at all without parental consent ..

The only exception to that would be if not inoculating them meant they were a an immediate public health risk..

IF They aren't.. I think the next step is 1. Figure out how true this is ... often it's not.. 2. If it is ... dig in and figure out why that could happen.. and 3. Figure out what to do about it responsibly and not just reactionary and emotion based.

edit on 11/3/2014 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/3/2014 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45
Read up guys. You get more mercury from going about your life than from vaccines. I know needles are scary but you should think with your brains but your emotions.

youngausskeptics.com...

www.skeptics.com.au...

Your source was funded by a businessman for writing a pro vaccine advertisement. . Nice try
edit on amquamMon, 03 Nov 2014 02:13:14 -060013u1403u by Aquariusdude because: (no reason given)

edit on amq000000amMon, 03 Nov 2014 02:16:44 -0600160000004403000000 by Aquariusdude because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Aquariusdude

So mercury is not in our food and air? Coal power plants and concrete production don't produce mercury? Yeah I guess we are all safe from harmful chemicals as long as we don't get vaccines.

Let's change nothing about society except halting vaccinations. Vaccinations are one of the primary things which improved health and reduced mortality, especially of children, in the 20th century. If the modern vaccines do in fact cause autism then the solution is making better vaccines not refusing vaccination.

Perhaps the best course of action is to introduce regulations and accountability back into businesses and government.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 02:23 AM
link   

So mercury is not in our food and air? Coal power plants and concrete production don't produce mercury? Yeah I guess we are all safe from harmful chemicals as long as we don't get vaccines.

Let's change nothing about society except halting vaccinations. Vaccinations are one of the primary things which improved health and reduced mortality, especially of children, in the 20th century. If the modern vaccines do in fact cause autism then the solution is making better vaccines not refusing vaccination.

Perhaps the best course of action is to introduce regulations and accountability back into businesses and government.

Adams documented that mercury in the Flulaval vaccine was extremely high at 51 parts per million–25,000 times higher than the maximum contaminant level of inorganic mercury in drinking water as set by the Environmental Protection Agency. (2)Adams reported that the mercury levels in the flu vaccine were higher than anything he has ever tested, including tuna and other ocean fish.

"25,000 times higher then allowed in water..and higher then any levels found in fish...Yes there is mercury in air and water but that amounts are much more limited then what the injection would give you. On top of that it goes directly into the bloodstream bypassing the digestive system.

"Keep in mind that an injection of the flu vaccine guarantees that 100% of the mercury in it is absorbed since it bypasses the gastrointestinal tract. "

So you really can't compare the mercury we get from outside sources to the injection. The reality is the big pharm companies have no incentive to improve safety of there vaccines because they are shielded from lawsuits...Big pharma is in bed with the FDA.You should take a look at all the studies on aspartame that were done prior to it being approved by the fda..Causes cancer to go up enormously in lab rats...Yet it was still approved.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

I think maybe you need to read up.
Methyl mercury is what you get from eating fish etc.
The mercury in flu vaccines is called ethyl mercury. Bit different.
Ethylmercury (flu vaccines) moves freely throughout the body. Inorganic mercury metabolized from ethylmercury in the body crosses the blood brain barrier and sits in your brain with a half life of 120 days.
Yummy , so by the time you finally rid it from your brain you are ready to be pump full again with your next jab

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: ZeussusZ

So why can't pregnant women eat fish?

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZeussusZ

I think maybe you need to read up.
Methyl mercury is what you get from eating fish etc.
The mercury in flu vaccines is called ethyl mercury. Bit different.
Ethylmercury (flu vaccines) moves freely throughout the body. Inorganic mercury metabolized from ethylmercury in the body crosses the blood brain barrier and sits in your brain with a half life of 120 days.
Yummy , so by the time you finally rid it from your brain you are ready to be pump full again with your next jab

Not only that but the amount of mercury you get in one shot is much much higher then say eating fish.I forgot to mention the difference between the types of mercury good post.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Exactly! If pregnant women can't even eat smaller amounts of mercury in a safer form. Then why trust a injection of mercury in its most dangerous form on a newborn baby?

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Because methyl mercury from fish crosses the placenta, like ethyl mercury from vaccines does as well.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

You just pretty much made his argument for him I think. If it's not safe in utero, why is it safe outside utero?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Oh I completely agree with you. I don't like vaccines for things like the flu. There's probably something fishy going on with mercury in vaccines. It's a preservative so it's likely just to improve self life, aka save money.

Discounting the mercury from food and air is silly though. It may be minor but you breathe constantly and eat thousands of times a year. You don't get multiple vaccines a day. The vaccine is probably worse if you are right but to me discounting the other forms of mercury is like saying "I don't mind if all my food and water is irradiated just don't inject me with radiation". Obviously the injection is worse but isn't the ideal to have neither?

I just think it's a minor minor thing in the grand scheme of things. It's a symptom of a crippling mortal disease. It bothers me how people cherry pick their causes. Mercury in air and food will increase exponentially as the rest of the world industrializes. Other toxins will too. Climate change is a real possibility. We are losing civil rights left and right (as this thread shows). People need to wake up and see the big picture not just focus on their little bubble.
edit on 3-11-2014 by tavi45 because: auto correct mistake

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Also not all vaccines contain thimerosal. In fact most don't. We should be encouraging safer vaccines but encouraging people to not vaccinate at all. Vaccines are good as a general rule. Autism is preferable to death wouldn't you agree?

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Yes but we are talking about the flu vaccine.
Autism is preferablr to death maybe, although vaccines haven't been proving to cause autism.
I would say a healthy immune system to start with would be even better so your body can fight of diseases like it is meant to.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Oh I completely agree with you. I don't like vaccines for things like the flu. There's probably something fishy going on with mercury in vaccines. It's a preservative so it's likely just to improve self life, aka save money.

Discounting the mercury from food and air is silly though. It may be minor but you breathe constantly and eat thousands of times a year. You don't get multiple vaccines a day. The vaccine is probably worse if you are right but to me discounting the other forms of mercury is like saying "I don't mind if all my food and water is irradiated just don't inject me with radiation". Obviously the injection is worse but isn't the ideal to have neither?

I just think it's a minor minor thing in the grand scheme of things. It's a symptom of a crippling mortal disease. It bothers me how people cherry pick their causes. Mercury in air and food will increase exponentially as the rest of the world industrializes. Other toxins will too. Climate change is a real possibility. We are losing civil rights left and right (as this thread shows). People need to wake up and see the big picture not just focus on their little bubble.

I agree with you something needs to be done about mercury in the environment. Its sad that we can't even eat the amount of fish we need to eat because of this.But I the only variable that you or me can directly control is whether or not we vaccinate ourselves..Until they come out with safer vaccines I would not vaccinate myself or my children if I ever have any. The incidence of mortality,autism etc is much higher with babies that are vaccinated then those that are not..

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Glad we're in agreement
. Sorry for getting you guys riled up but I just don't like blatant anti vaccine positions with no backing especially from people who deny science in other arenas :p. The pharmaceutical industry is definitely screwing us. Then again so are all the big industries. The lord of these industries are the bankers and money is the root of all America's problems.

Great great arguing though AquariusDude. You made ATS proud. You dominated me, but then again I wasn't playing to win
. Keep it up man.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 06:38 AM
link   

'Perfectly healthy' Florida girl, 10, is paralyzed with rare brain infection and can no longer speak - four days after receiving flu shot

www.dailymail.co.uk...

another sad case..

edit on amq000000amMon, 03 Nov 2014 06:39:39 -0600390000003903000000 by Aquariusdude because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   

No problem nice talking to you.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpongeBeard
a reply to: TheSilverGate

these anti-vaccine nutters need to stfu and gtfo the way of medicine. They're just morons who don't understand the science and are instead parroting the nonsensical quackery of some internet blogger, or phd-less 'doctor'

Considering the army gave me a vaccine that made me disabled...they even wrote in the report that the vaccine was most likely why I became sick and they pay me every month for it now...do you even know what a vaccine is? Some people can get sick from them...it may be very rare..but it can happen.

Your statement may be the dumbest statement ive ever read on ats.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockpaperhammock

originally posted by: SpongeBeard
a reply to: TheSilverGate

these anti-vaccine nutters need to stfu and gtfo the way of medicine. They're just morons who don't understand the science and are instead parroting the nonsensical quackery of some internet blogger, or phd-less 'doctor'

Considering the army gave me a vaccine that made me disabled...they even wrote in the report that the vaccine was most likely why I became sick and they pay me every month for it now...do you even know what a vaccine is? Some people can get sick from them...it may be very rare..but it can happen.

Your statement may be the dumbest statement ive ever read on ats.

That's awful. Sorry that happened to you. I don't allow any in our family, including my kids, to get the flu vaccine. We haven't had the best of luck with vaccs. Both sons got pneumonia shots, both ended up with pneumonia, 1 serious enough to be hospitalized for 3 days when he was 6. Chicken pox shot, sent my son to school after getting that one, he had it for a full week in school, I thought it was just a rash. Caused a huge deal since his teacher was 8 months pregnant....so I see where your coming from. Best of luck to you.....

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: SpongeBeard

I think you spongebeard should be the one who stfu.....

Thank you

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join