It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mom Upset After Son Receives Flu Vaccine Without Her Consent

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Seems as if this is an on going issue.
The school system has become the parent.
Dangerous territory.

An Idaho third-grader received a flu vaccine at his public school without parental consent last week — the result of a “mix-up,” according to the West Ada School District — leaving angry mom Letisha Huff wanting answers from officials there. “These are our children, they’re not guinea pigs,” Huff tells local news station KTVB. “Either get it right, or don’t do it at all.” Yahoo Parenting was not able to reach Huff for additional comment.

www.yahoo.com...

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TheSilverGate

The school system is merely another tool of the elite now. This is par for the course. Enjoy what little freedom you have while it lasts. Dystopia won't be relegated to fiction for much longer.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45

The school system is merely another tool of the elite now. This is par for the course. Enjoy what little freedom you have while it lasts. Dystopia won't be relegated to fiction for much longer.

As much as I would like to disagree I can't and I know this to be truth.
It has been so easy to see for a very long time.
Our freedoms are being taken and stripped from us as if they were never ours to have.
And idly we allow this to be done in the name of security and trumped up fear campaigns to leave us cowering and begging for safety.
They only allow us to think we are free.
Those of us that know different could never bring the majority of those blind with ignorance to see the truth.
There is an endgame and there is no doubt it is being brought into play.
The only question left now is, what are we gonna do about it.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   

these anti-vaccine nutters need to stfu and gtfo the way of medicine. They're just morons who don't understand the science and are instead parroting the nonsensical quackery of some internet blogger, or phd-less 'doctor'
edit on 2/11/14 by SpongeBeard because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I don't blame her at all. I would have been absolutely livid had this been my daughter. I don't even care if I was going to go get her a flu shot myself and this just saved me the trouble... There's no reason why the school should even be in a position to make this mistake IMO.

Some people are severely allergic to flu shots. What would have happened had this been the case with this child? A simple "Whoops!" Would seem a little more than simply inefficient.

Flu shots can be received at your local health department for free for children and adults who can not afford it. Public schools should not be acting like health care stations and since you can get them for free at the health department, the excuse that it's for those who are underprivelidged is bologna plain and simple.

Schools just keep inching into the territory of "Parent/Guardian Ad Litem" little by little and seem to be facing little if any resistance. Thank God mine only has another year and half.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 11/2/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: SpongeBeard

Did you even read the article?
The mother said she wasn't against vaccination.
It was done with out her consent, which I have to say wouldn't have sat well with me at all either.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Every bit of what you just said.
The government and school system and every other agency that has been trying to weasel in need to quit and let us parents be parents.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: SpongeBeard

The parent was pissed because they gave her child medication without authorization. She's not claiming vaccines are destroying the universe. At my daughter's high school, you can be suspended for taking an ibuprofen for cramps, but someone can just stroll right in and shoot them up with anything they want with no permission and think "Oops!" Is a sufficient explanation.

I don't think so.

They can go sell crazy somewhere else. I'm all stocked up here.

Most parents with any sense wouldn't want their child to receive injections willy nilly. People can also have severe reactions to the flu vaccine. If they screwed up with the right kid, we would be talking about a funeral here and that's NOT an over reaction. It does happen.

Doctors don't even walk into a room and inject your child with anything without asking permission. If your child spends the night with a non parent/guardian and winds up at the emergency room, they can't touch them without consent unless it's a life or death (serious) situation. But we are supposed to be ok with this?

Telling parents to STFU about what happens to their children is one of the most ridiculous statements I have read on ATS to date and that is saying a lot.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 11/2/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   

When you figure it out let me know. I've been obsessed with it for a long time now and have yet to see a way to do anything.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

Me either lol but if I figure it out I'll post it.
Sitting back and watching all the significant situations unfold that seem to be just pushing at us, and all the under lying moves on the parts of different agencies stocking up on certain misc. items almost makes the question just a musing rhetorical doesn't it.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpongeBeard

these anti-vaccine nutters

You mean anti-vaccine parents?

need to stfu and gtfo the way of medicine.

You mean stfu and gtfo the way of the government authority to make decisions for someone else's child?

They're just morons

You mean, parents?

who don't understand the science and are instead parroting the nonsensical quackery of some internet blogger, or phd-less 'doctor'

Well. I've never had a flu shot. I've never had the flu. And I appreciate the freedom I have to be able to weigh the risks against the benefits and form my own decision (or decision for my child) about whether or not I want the flu shot. Did you know the flu shot has caused temporary paralysis in some people???? I'll take my chances. And I appreciate the freedom to take that chance.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 11:48 PM
link   

if someone or entity jabbed my kid was that crap without my permission i would be one pissed off daddy....who the hell do these people think they are ?

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Apparently they think to fancy themselves the first and last authority on parenting issues.
A lot of times parents who get in their way pay a price.
Sad and evil times we are a living in.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Give or take. Too many people are invested in the status quo thanks to brainwashing and ignorance. It's sad to watch the human race lurch stupidly towards extinction or dystopia.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheSilverGate

Even sadder is that more often than not... The child pays the price when the adult shows up to advocate for or argue against something the school has or hasn't done for/to their child.

They can literally make your child's life a living hell simply because they don't like you.

It's disgusting, but it's a fact and it happens more often than people realize.

posted on Nov, 2 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheSilverGate

Apparently they think to fancy themselves the first and last authority on parenting issues.
Sad and evil times we are a living in.

indeed.....i still have another year or so till my boy will be in school ...granted it is not as bad in this country but we are following the U.S in many ways .... i am really strongly considering home schooling....stories like this only reassure me that will be the right thing to do

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   

If you have the time and energy to do it. You gotta get him out if the house to socialize too. It's a tough job but if done right home schooling is superior.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Seems the only way to go if you are able.
My circumstances don't allow for that option at this time but I keep close tabs on all I can with my little one in school and the other starts next year.
I home schooled a bit in my teens, it was much better than public school.
Public schools breed so many different negative things in to kids. I can only imagine how much more so now, than 12-15 years ago.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45

If you have the time and energy to do it. You gotta get him out if the house to socialize too. It's a tough job but if done right home schooling is superior.

yes the socializing is extremely important ....my GF sister home schooled her kids but she did not get out enough...these kids are in their 20s now and are still very shy and withdrawn......

parenting is a tough gig,i am a single dad which adds to the difficulty....in saying that i live for my children and i could not in good conscience let them be raised by a bunch of bureaucrats who do not have their best interests at heart...

at this point as a dad my life is over anyway i may as well do the best i can for my kid and give him the best possible chance to be a loving productive adult when the time comes

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpongeBeard

these anti-vaccine nutters need to stfu and gtfo the way of medicine. They're just morons who don't understand the science and are instead parroting the nonsensical quackery of some internet blogger, or phd-less 'doctor'

I don't think people that don't want to be injected with Mercury and other toxins are "nutters". You feel free to inject yourself...I'll pass.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join