It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vote for Pot!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Go MaryJane go.

I'm all for it. I've yet to meet a man in Alaska build or have success without it.

It like wheaties, Cheerio, that thing we used to get back in the day,, the wheel, etc...

It's a necessity, let it be and embrace change..

edit on 3-11-2014 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 02:11 AM
link   
a reply to: smithjustinb

Clueless.

At what point in this video, did Jesse Ventura discuss his personal use of pot? At what point did his sidekick and producer mention his personal use of pot? Was there, in fact, any discussion of any specific persons use of pot as a recreational substance? No. No there was not.

All there was, in this video, was a discussion on the changes to the legislative approach to pot in Washington D.C. and Jesse Ventura making his opinion known on the subject at hand.

At no point did Jesse Ventura or anyone on the video, or anyone quoted in the video, advocate personal use of pot either. The video was about a change to the law. If he had been talking about the best strains of pot to buy and smoke, or explaining the method of constructing a decent smoke, then I could understand your ire, but I think you have misunderstood the terms and conditions rather seriously if you think that this video represents an infraction of the terms and conditions here.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 02:20 AM
link   
Voila' Ice C
I think Bob Dylan said it best;
'cause the times they are a changing'
edit on 3-11-2014 by UnderKingsPeak because: gift for Ice

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: AK907ICECOLD

The rule is simple, just don't talk about personal use.
Which this thread and no open one talks about.
You can talk about it as long as it is not about you or anyone else personally using it.
Its medical properties and laws are fine as long as you keep it to that and the threads are always heavily moderated to make sure it stays that way.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: UnderKingsPeak

I am sad and now living in fear as most that want more than me because you beat me to my edit.

That being said. Like Jesse Ventura. I have learned that ATS is a entertainment site. Entertainment purposes only. Bob Dylan was also looked at like a hippie and some joke to most.

But then again pot is bad just like the earth is still flat, and I will be an outcast and a idiot until its disproven. And like Jesus Christ, after I'm gutted and filet by my peers I will be the coolest dude ever to live and people will know me as a god of some sort, and love me for bringing a new way to look at sh$&

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: zatara

I would rather have my kids 'high' then going around completely drunk and getting himself caught up in violence, which in the UK is a very frequent part of a Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

Sounds odd and obviously I would rather my children do neither, but alcohol is the worst drug around imo, it causes so much trouble.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   
don't be sad, it's all cleared up

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

That is not true at all. Again no disrespect, but I can't tell you how many times I've mention personal use in a personal story, or example and it's still posted. I think thats it weather it's a certain positive or negative experience that it's allowed or overlooked.

But then again I understand the human nature quite well. Even if it's good or bad. And weather you are a good person or not. One will never admit illegal usage to anyone wether successful or not. It's the money that is made that prevails the proceed of a persons interest or company they are part of...

Nobody sells a product that will not sell.

There is a thread about personal use of THC tar or something for his cancer that cured him. I don't think it's been deleted yet.... That's personal use... Why is this guy excluded from the majority?

Only if it's ground breaking right. Nobody wants the average pot head post, yeah man, naw man, no-way man one sentence post eh?

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

The title, "Vote for pot" seems like advocacy for the use of pot to me.

"you will not link to online content that contains discussion of any such material." The video is a link to online content and they are having a discussion about the material.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
That is exactly what I would like to see. I don't like the idea of licensing and taxing a plant. I would just like to be able to grow a little in my garden without suffering the heavy handed consequences.
I'm not interested in selling it. I very rarely consume it.
I just think it's a beautiful plant and I like the way it smells.

I very rarely consume it.....!???!!', grow it in my garden??!!!! Doesn't want to sell, just use?!?!?
Ahhh. See these are the few members that get away with this that make me feel like a inferior, who gives a smack member. Why this group and not those...which is it? I'm sorry to rant, but this is why I don't post much or start threads.

Is that not a personal use statement, WTF. This will never be censored by a MOD.

If he said it was the best high he ever got, and his munchies were insane, and another stupid comment, you bet your ass this would be a T&C violation, this is on topic.

I'm just saying that it's racist to call a black guy a -------, but if I say dark skinned in front of my Christian aunt, I would be excused from their home indefinitely.

Tamato/tomoto. People just don't blend to what is different than what the raised to.

Some when visiting south America would offer energy to chew on a coca leaf, shhhhhh don't all about that it's. Drug, yet used as a resource an medicine for 1000's of years.

I call bs on such closed-mindedness, am I wrong to my epiphany?

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Alcohol and pot are two different drugs, most people advocate pot doesn't harm and that will be an easy treshold to cross for kids . Thats's all I am gonna say about it.

edit on 3/11/2014 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: zatara

Alcohol and pot are two different drugs, most people advocate pot doesn't harm and that will be an easy treshold to cross for kids . Thats's all I am gonna say about it.

well most people are not necessarily right....any mind altering substance has the ability to harm

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: smithjustinb

The title, "Vote for pot" seems like advocacy for the use of pot to me.

"you will not link to online content that contains discussion of any such material." The video is a link to online content and they are having a discussion about the material.

Again WTF, if looked at by genres of groups wouldn't the vote for pot produce and be appropriate to discuss personal use.

I would hate to post a picture of my " legal medicinal marijuana" which I may or may not have gotten "legally" from a "licensed Doctor" and be kicked of this site for being a legal participant in killing off my cancer so I may live longer?, then again, I guess I'm just a addict. And because of or not of this drug, I'm still alive thanks to "marijuana" that I can be apart of this site still. I'm supposed to be silenced.

So because of some political, T&C rules that are against a few people, something I used saved my life and I'm looked at someone expressing thanks will most Likely be tossed and excluding because their views differ than mine.

I have a chance at a new life, a healthier life. Sad to say ATS doesn't want me to share that, or to share how I did that. Sound familiar? You can keep your plan folks
Such egos these days.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:32 AM
link   
a reply to: smithjustinb

For a start, the title of the piece is meant to introduce it, but it cannot be taken as a full and in depth description of the contents, and that is as true for this title, as any other I have read, aside of course from in dry technical journals and scientific primers.

They are not having a discussion about personal use, they are having a discussion about the legal status of pot in a changing legislative landscape, which are two very different things.

And your limited quote from the T&C page is out of context, and fails to take into account the specificity of the section you quoted from, which is section 16)e) which states:

16e.) Illicit Activity: Discussion of illicit activities, specifically the use of mind-altering drugs & substances, engaging in computer hacking, promoting criminal hate, discussing sexual relations with minors, and furtherance of financial schemes and scams are strictly forbidden. You will also not link to sites or online content that contains discussion or advocacy of such material. Any Post mentioning or advocating personal use of illicit mind-altering drugs will result in immediate account termination.

...and is clarified in section 16)e) subsection i) as follows:

i) Narcotics and illicit mind-altering substances, legal or otherwise: discussing personal use or personal experiences as the result of such substances is not allowed in any form.

There is no part of the terms and conditions which states that the political and legal status of pot may not be discussed in any way, for any reason. Again, no personal use was discussed in the video, and no advocacy was implied by the content within the video. At no time did either Mr Ventura or his associate state that they believe everyone should smoke some pot. What they did do, was provide information on legislative changes in Washington D.C., comment on matters pertaining to the states which have already legalised the substance, and the positive affects that has been having on crime figures, revenue, and the like, and make plain that they personally agreed with the direction in which things were headed legally speaking.

There was no advocacy for recreational use of pot, i.e. they did not recommend that everyone watching the video ought to light one up in solidarity, they did not advocate for its use, but they did report on, and comment on, the alteration to the legal landscape that these changes represent.

Again, this is a basic comprehension problem more than anything else, coloured, I suspect, by your apparent dislike of the subject matter in its entirety, as opposed to your having a genuine grievance against the legitimate discussion of a political and legal step change happening in your nation at the moment. I can assure you, that if you apply the level of reading comprehension that you are displaying now, when you are actually facing a legal dispute of your own, you are going to get stung like a naked beekeeper.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 03:40 AM
link   

The majority of the posts in this thread if looked at with a fine comb has violated the T&C terms.

Saying I like pot or I've tried it once as said by the terms is a immediate account termination...

So untrue. The is no truth to the rule, and only applies when needed or wanted applied by those in power.

Why is this thread not shut down?

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 04:03 AM
link   

The thread, in my opinion, does not need shutting down, as long as those who engage with it, are prepared to discuss the material discussed without drifting into areas which are not firmly related to it, and do not keep within the terms and conditions of the site. The threads author, and the video discussed, have not, as far as I can make out, violated the Terms and Conditions of the site in any way what so ever. I would say that there is every possibility that some of the posts within the thread have been ill advised and may have stretched into corners which render them liable for removal.

We have to be able to discuss the political situation surrounding these issues, but one does not achieve that by spouting off at the mouth about ones exploits with regards to the substances referenced. Instead, a focus should be held firmly over the legislation itself, the people who are voting for it, and the people voting against, and the wider implications for law and order, prison populations, and other important and relevant topics which play into the decision being made in the halls of power at the moment.

If people on both sides of this debate cease either deliberately misunderstanding the Terms and Conditions for their own purposes, or trying to circumvent them, this discussion could get interesting, and that is something I would like to see. I would like to see members who have history with the substance in question show some bloody discernment and respect for the site by keeping their stories and history to themselves, and concentrate on the actual subject matter. I would like to see those who do not want to hear about pot, who do not want it legalised, and would rather crap barbed wire than see it happen in their state, be honest about that fact rather than deliberately misrepresenting and short quoting the Terms and Conditions of the site to back themselves up, and I would LOVE to see this discussion actually flourish in a healthy and positive manner, which would further our understanding of the machinery which governs these subjects on a geopolitical level as well as a local one.

However, that relies on people being prepared to engage sensibly, and if that fails to happen, then I cannot see this thread remaining open. If it IS shut down however, that will be because certain members either side of this discussion cannot behave in a reasonable and adult fashion toward it, and not because of any shenanigans on the part of the site owners. Frankly, the waffle that has been spouted by some members so far is tedious in the extreme, and covers all the old arguments which have already been dealt with by the ownership.

It IS simple. You can discuss pot. You may not discuss your personal use. Everyone needs to familiarise themselves with the difference, if they are too damned cloth headed to have avoided working it out for themselves already!
edit on 3-11-2014 by TrueBrit because: grammatical error removal.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Many, many children die each year due to alcohol poisoning, they'll pinch bottles from the home drinks cabinet, they'll fake ID and buy it, they'll get a friend that is or looks older to buy it, they'll get an older brother or sister to buy it...if they want booze, they'll find a way to get hold of it...unfortunately, they don't know their limits of course, and drink it like it's water and in many cases, it will go on to either seriously damage their internal organs, which requires lifelong treatment, or it will kill them outright.

Pot on the other hand, will make them sleepy and calm...and won't kill them.

I seriously know which i'd rather my kids to dabble with if they had to choose alcohol or pot.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

Pot on the other hand, will make them sleepy and calm...and won't kill them.

As with booze, use it where you shouldn't and it will kill them. Sorry to say.

Reactions are slowed, and that's not good when one is stupid enough to be say, driving. Or any other activity requiring reactions unmuddled by its effects.

posted on Nov, 3 2014 @ 04:43 AM
link   

ATTENTION

From this point on, discuss the thread topic

NO MORE Discussion of the Terms and Conditions

NO MORE Discussion of Staff Actions

If you have a problem, file a Complaint and it will be looked at and dealt with accordingly

ANY further posts, not on topic, will be removed and the Member warned..

Thank you for your time

Semper

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join